SCG Meeting Wednesday - Any Questions? (1 Viewer)

kingharvest

We have a meeting this wednesday. Given todays news and the stuff coming out over the past month, it seems like a pretty good time to try and capture peoples questions.

Remember we don't get that long and there are lots of people there who also connect to wider groups so i won't be able to ask them all. I'll do my best as always.

Post them on this thread.

shmmeee

Just 1, regarding the refusal of a short term rental deal at better terms than Sixfields: What the actual fuck Timmy?

NorthernWisdom

Yeah maybe not quite phrased as shmmee, but you could ask him for detail of the deal broken down, and the rationale behind it being rejected...

And not let him say it's all about the ownership baby, but ask him why that particular deal wasn't feasible as a temporary measure while building their own ground. Give him every opportunity to give some plausible conditions that were inserted into the deal, but avoid the distraction onto ownership and the need to own.

While you're at it, you can ask if there have been any discussions with CCC about possible sites for new grounds, and also what discussions have been held with neighbouring councils. How have these discussions progressed? Do they feel their timescale of 3 years is still doable, and is that 3 years from now, or 3 years from when 3 years was supposed to start? If the ground is too far out of Coventry, do they seriously expect to carry fans with them? If they do, how? What incentives will they offer to help, and how will they foster a sense of identity. No cheap soundbytes, this must have been considered...

NorthernWisdom

ACL: Yes, Chris West and Paul Harris were advised post 29 January 2013 meeting during a follow up discussion with Tim Fisher, Mark Labovitch and John Clarke, that the Club wanted a three year run off period. This was totally rejected by the ACL representatives. There were no details provided of the location other than “South Warwickshire”, and that it would potentially take three years.

This is an answer from the Q&A run by the Trust. If the three year run off period requested by the club is now on offer, why would it now be rejected?

kingharvest

Ill ask, the reason he's always given in the past is based around the 'trust' argument. why would they deal with someone they don't trust?

My personal opinion is that SISUs view is that any kind of compromise, even if it makes obvious business sense, would weaken their stance.

letsallsingtogether

Where are the plans and location of our new super ground.

kingharvest

This is an answer from the Q&A run by the Trust. If the three year run off period requested by the club is now on offer, why would it now be rejected?

Because since then ACL 'forced' administration and a 10 point deduction, threatening the survival of the club - would probably be the response.

letsallsingtogether

That is a lame answer needs to be pushed

Ill ask, the reason he's always given in the past is based around the 'trust' argument. why would they deal with someone they don't trust?

My personal opinion is that SISUs view is that any kind of compromise, even if it makes obvious business sense, would weaken their stance.

NorthernWisdom

So if trust is a big thing, how does he expect to win back fans' trust? What strategies are coming from the club to do so? Does he think a stadium outside the city boundaries will help in rebuilding trust? In the interests of openness to rebuild said trust, where, as they say, are the stadium plans?

In the interests of trust, an important thing for him it seems, and with the rationalisation of 'the club' seeing the liquidation of Ltd and Holdings, does he see the opportunity to offer shares to smaller investors? The fact brody owned shares suggests it's not SISU and SISU only, and a rights issue could see mutual trust repaired to a degree, along with an influx of cash. In the interests of trust, has he got any further in uncovering the 'mess' of the accounts, and is he prepared to release an open report on this 'mess'?

Sorry, that's the kind of ranty question that made the forums a waste of time:rolleyes: but you get the point! If trust is a big thing with them, how do they propose to repair relationships of trust with other stakeholders?

dongonzalos

How is building a new stadium more financially viable over a long term rent deal?

Are we currently paying 1.2 in interest on a 10 million loan. If so will this go up to about 5 million a year once we have built the stadium?

Also has anyone independently ascertained a value of the Ricoh, if not why not. If you are serious about buying it get the value.

How much are loses each year from been at Northampton in comparison to a rent deal at the Ricoh. Does the money to cover that also come from loans?

Last edited:

shmmeee

OK, how about: Fans are sick of the "he said, she said" pettiness. The Council have publicly stated that they will put the past behind them, why won't you for the sake of the fans?

The problem of course, is that you'll get another weasley, pointless answer. Akin to asking a 5 year old why he broke something.

Sorry, just feeling the whole thing is pointless now, they're not even pretending to be reasonable.

shmmeee

How is building a new stadium more financially viable over a long term rent deal?

"garbl garbl REVENUES garbl garbl INCOME STREAMS"

Are we currently paying 1.2 in interest on a 10 million loan. If so will this go up to about 5 million a year once we have built the stadium?

garbl garbl STANDARD BUSINESS PRACTICE garbl garbl HAVE TO WORK OUT THE FINER DETAILS

Also has anyone independently ascertained a value of the Ricoh, if not why not. If you are serious about buying it get the value.

garbl garbl WE ASKED THE COUNCIL garbl garbl 10 POINTS BACK

How much are loses each year from been at Northampton in comparison to a rent deal at the Ricoh. Dies the money to cover that also come from loans?

garbl garbl INCOMPARABLE garbl garbl COMMERCIALLY SENSITIVE

I am free to play Fisher at weddings and bar mitzvahs

NorthernWisdom

Oh, there are always the reflective questions.

What does he get out of the SCG?

How does he see its role moving forward?

Does anything the SCG say in these meetings at present have any influence on decisions made?

Who's his favourite poster on skybluetalk/GMK?

What flavour crisp is his favourite, and is he big on pork pies?

shmmeee

Is there any action the fans can take that can convince you to change your mind?

Please explain like I'm 5 how the freehold benefits the club in the long term.

Please give us another timescale on the stadium plans so that we can laugh even harder when you miss it again.

tisza

1. Wouldn't it be better for the individuals on both sides to be replaced and start negotiations from scratch?
2. Why do you persist in trying to talk to the ACL about the freehold sale? It's not their business.
3. Is it more about personalities/egos now than trying to get a deal done that is best for the football club?
4. If SISU-owned the stadium through a holding company what rent would they charge the football club?

RoboCCFC90

Kingharvest I have one question regarding the team if you could ask this I would be grateful:

Q: What chances are there that City will sign any of the current loan players (i.e Seaborne, Dagnall & Maguire) on permnament contracts in January?

Godiva

Why are Coventry city not playing their home games in Coventry?

How much is the ransom figure?

I think it was £1.2m per year, but they decided not to to pay it any more.

olderskyblue

I think it was £1.2m per year, but they decided not to to pay it any more.

Absolutely. They needed that money for more important things...like paying ARVO their "management" fees

TurkeyTrot

"garbl garbl REVENUES garbl garbl INCOME STREAMS"

garbl garbl STANDARD BUSINESS PRACTICE garbl garbl HAVE TO WORK OUT THE FINER DETAILS

garbl garbl WE ASKED THE COUNCIL garbl garbl 10 POINTS BACK

garbl garbl INCOMPARABLE garbl garbl COMMERCIALLY SENSITIVE

I am free to play Fisher at weddings and bar mitzvahs

You missed out, "that's a good question" before not answering the "good question."

ccfcway

where are the 7,000 fans you said would be at Northampton if the team were playing well ?

:thinking about:

tisza

What money is being paid the club in respect of interest fees and management fees?

skybluetony176

the only question that needs answering is why they keep going on about the club needing the freehold when we all infact know it only needs the lease hold. are they even considering the leasehold only, if not why not.

Captain Dart

where are the 7,000 fans you said would be at Northampton if the team were playing well ?

:thinking about:

They were at MK. :D

RPHunt

I don't know why anyone is bothering. There is only one question that really matters to the SCG "Tim, when do we get to sit in the Directors Box?"

lordsummerisle

What was the precise nature of the "rent-free" deal?

Who made it?

Who was it made to?

If it was made to the Football League, when was it made and was it passed on to you from them?

Has any response been made to the offer?

Users who are viewing this thread