SCG Meeting Summary from 9/7/2013 (1 Viewer)

kingharvest

here we go then....

This isn't chronological of the meeting, but i think it helps to put it in this order...

Tim gave us an overview of why we are where we are. In 2012 SISU and the council came to an agreement whereby SISU could buy half the Higgs share and the council would not veto the deal. SISU and the council agreed to either split the debt purchase or Sisu buy out all the bank debt – In simple terms this means they both take on £7m of debt, and both own half of ACL. But the council then decided they would buy-out all the debt (via a £14m bailout) and the Higgs-Sisu deal never happened. Fast forward to Feb 2013 and ACL say they will no longer negotiate. In March ACL forced the admin issue and issued an administration order - the rest we know.

Since then, ACL won't enter negotiations about playing at the Ricoh and the relationship is now so bad, and there are so many legal implications that neither side can engage and talk. Tim was clear that the judicial review precludes any discussions between Tim/the club and ACL.

So - in order to ensure the club could fulfil its fixtures they had to have a solution. If there was another ground in Cov they'd have done a deal to play there, they looked at Nuneaton but it wasn't big enough. They had to do a deal with someone and it was Northampton. They did the deal for 3 years with essentially 2 additional years if they want it.

On 22nd July there is the creditors meeting. Basically 2 things can happen, ACL can either accept the CVA or reject it. If they accept then both the club and ACL move on respectively. If they reject the cva then liquidation is the route and we will have a sporting sanction (penalty points deduction). ACL would get a lot less compared to CVA – as such if they reject the CVA - given they forced Administration to ensure the club avoided liquidation - it would be a strange choice.

Dan is publishing the survey today/tomorrow. The football league said that they shouldn't publish anything sensitive to the negotiations, so as a result Tim decided to hold back the whole survey until after the ground share was agreed with the FL.

With regard to new stadium, they have 3 sites in review and are close on 2, plus another one which was previously the preferred option which may be an option once again. They've submitted financial plans and proof of funds, etc to the FL. The stadium will be modular which means it'll start with 18k (ish) capacity. They'll consult fans when it comes to the actual design, etc. They have a meeting with Architects and Highways People on Friday. They can't really give a timeline till a site is finalised.

Finally, there will hopefully be ticket news by the end of the week.

That's the gist. A lot of ill feeling towards Tim with a lot of people refusing to accept that something can't be done with ACL, at least in the interim to stay at the Ricoh.

He reiterated what he said on the radio that this isn't what they wanted to happen but they have been left with no option - it genuinely was either come up with a ground share or it’s all over.

The more i hear the more i feel that their is so much animosity between all the individuals involved that in order for progress you'd have to get rid of all the top people at SISU, the Council and ACL, and that’s never going to happen.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

here we go then....

This isn't chronological of the meeting, but i think it helps to put it in this order...

Tim gave us an overview of why we are where we are. In 2012 SISU and the council came to an agreement whereby SISU could buy half the Higgs share and the council would not veto the deal. SISU and the council agreed to either split the debt purchase or Sisu buy out all the bank debt – In simple terms this means they both take on £7m of debt, and both own half of ACL. But the council then decided they would buy-out all the debt (via a £14m bailout) and the Higgs-Sisu deal never happened. Fast forward to Feb 2013 and ACL say they will no longer negotiate. In March ACL forced the admin issue and issued an administration order - the rest we know.

Since then, ACL won't enter negotiations about playing at the Ricoh and the relationship is now so bad, and there are so many legal implications that neither side can engage and talk. Tim was clear that the judicial review precludes any discussions between Tim/the club and ACL.

So - in order to ensure the club could fulfil its fixtures they had to have a solution. If there was another ground in Cov they'd have done a deal to play there, they looked at Nuneaton but it wasn't big enough. They had to do a deal with someone and it was Northampton. They did the deal for 3 years with essentially 2 additional years if they want it.

On 22nd July there is the creditors meeting. Basically 2 things can happen, ACL can either accept the CVA or reject it. If they accept then both the club and ACL move on respectively. If they reject the cva then liquidation is the route and we will have a sporting sanction (penalty points deduction). ACL would get a lot less compared to CVA – as such if they reject the CVA - given they forced Administration to ensure the club avoided liquidation - it would be a strange choice.

Dan is publishing the survey today/tomorrow. The football league said that they shouldn't publish anything sensitive to the negotiations, so as a result Tim decided to hold back the whole survey until after the ground share was agreed with the FL.

With regard to new stadium, they have 3 sites in review and are close on 2, plus another one which was previously the preferred option which may be an option once again. They've submitted financial plans and proof of funds, etc to the FL. The stadium will be modular which means it'll start with 18k (ish) capacity. They'll consult fans when it comes to the actual design, etc. They have a meeting with Architects and Highways People on Friday. They can't really give a timeline till a site is finalised.

Finally, there will hopefully be ticket news by the end of the week.

That's the gist. A lot of ill feeling towards Tim with a lot of people refusing to accept that something can't be done with ACL, at least in the interim to stay at the Ricoh.

He reiterated what he said on the radio that this isn't what they wanted to happen but they have been left with no option - it genuinely was either come up with a ground share or it’s all over.

The more i hear the more i feel that their is so much animosity between all the individuals involved that in order for progress you'd have to get rid of all the top people at SISU, the Council and ACL, and that’s never going to happen.

The council leader has changed. I've said a long time since that Fisher's presence was counter productive.

They won't change him. Why? They don't want resolution

kingharvest

The council leader may have changed, but do we know who leads on the Ricoh inside the council? I can't imagine Mutton has handed over all responsibility for that given the history. Be interesting to find out.

chiefdave

Is this the first time Fisher has owned up and said it's them refusing to speak with ACL (albeit blaming it on the judicial review) rather than ACL refusing to speak to them?

wingy

As I've said a few Times ,how can ACL negotiate while the JR hangs over them ,SISU have the power to drop it ,draw your own conclusions!!:thinking about:

kingharvest

Oh, also, we could get out of the Northampton deal but there would be financial ramifications. Don't know what these are.

skybluesam66

king harvest - thanks for the summary
re Fisher - every time i have seen him, you could tell by his body language, that he didnt believe what he was saying

in your opinion, how was that yesterday

chiefdave

As I've said a few Times ,how can ACL negotiate while the JR hangs over them ,SISU have the power to drop it ,draw your own conclusions!!:thinking about:

spot on, claiming they can't talk because of the JR but they are the one's pursuing it!

Noggin

So Fisher has been telling us for a very long time it's ACL who won't talk to them, yet now he is saying we can't talk because of the judicial review? thats means since April there couldn't be talks because of SISU.

"With regard to new stadium, they have 3 sites in review and are close on 2, plus another one which was previously the preferred option which may be an option once again."

Sounds further away than it was a month ago.

SkyBlueScottie

"In 2012 SISU and the council came to an agreement whereby SISU could buy half the Higgs share and the council would not veto the deal. SISU and the council agreed to either split the debt purchase or Sisu buy out all the bank debt – In simple terms this means they both take on £7m of debt, and both own half of ACL. But the council then decided they would buy-out all the debt (via a £14m bailout)"

Why did the council agree and then go back on that decision?? That's the big question which ultimately led to where we are now.

chiefdave

"With regard to new stadium, they have 3 sites in review and are close on 2, plus another one which was previously the preferred option which may be an option once again."

Sounds further away than it was a month ago.

Reading between the lines of this and what was said at the forum they had a site in mind but have lost out on it. Now back to evaluating other sites.

chiefdave

"In 2012 SISU and the council came to an agreement whereby SISU could buy half the Higgs share and the council would not veto the deal. SISU and the council agreed to either split the debt purchase or Sisu buy out all the bank debt – In simple terms this means they both take on £7m of debt, and both own half of ACL. But the council then decided they would buy-out all the debt (via a £14m bailout)"

Why did the council agree and then go back on that decision?? That's the big question which ultimately led to where we are now.

need a statement from the council on this ASAP.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
did he say anything about the FL bond of £1m and how that was being financed KH?

Brighton Sky Blue

Very odd that the council could have entered into 50/50 ownership of ACL and allowed the club to act as joint bankers but went back on this. Just doesn't make sense.

J

Jack Griffin

I don't think we can accept the statement about an agreement to split the debt at face value. In my opinion he is being economical with the truth here. I'd like to hear what CCC & ACL have to say about it.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I thought TF etc had said they would have discounted/negotiated the loan with Yorkshire Bank so that only 3 or 4m would have been payable?

NorthernWisdom

Very odd that the council could have entered into 50/50 ownership of ACL and allowed the club to act as joint bankers but went back on this. Just doesn't make sense.

Well I can see scenarios where it might, if a potential offer came along that was better for the council's wider needs, agenda and policy.

We really need this judicial review over and done with, one way or another.

dongonzalos

So the FL never said dont publish the results.
Why are our opinions the fans sensitive to negotiations they are not.
That was Mr Fishers idea, he didn't want it whilst the FA were considering whether to give the green light or not.

kingharvest

king harvest - thanks for the summary
re Fisher - every time i have seen him, you could tell by his body language, that he didnt believe what he was saying

in your opinion, how was that yesterday

Ok, i might get slated for this but i've met him quite a lot and i actually think he's done some good things at the club. Wait...wait....stop shouting at me....I in no way agree with the ground share and i won't be going. I said last night, if the Ricoh had burnt down and we had no alternative then fine, but there is an alternative.

I think a major problem with Tim and the club is communication. Their PR is crap, the councils PR people have battered them. I think they're a lot more careful than the council though, hence why they hold back all the time. Its difficult, i get on with him - i understand the vision, but i don't agree with the methods of getting there, and i've told him that. I still believe constructive dialogue is possible between the two parties, but unfortunately it appears neither ACL nor SISU believe it.

The thing about fulfilling the fixtures is major. If the club couldn't come up with a plan then we'd basically be kicked out the league. If the Ricoh wasn't an option they had to come up with an alternative, which is what they've done.

I think most peoples frustration is that they refuse to believe that a solution to playing at the ricoh couldn't be found, at the very least, in the interim.

As for yesterday, i think he believed it. People thought he was bluffing about a ground share (me included at one point) and look where we are.

J

Jack Griffin

So as far as the survey is concerned TF misinterpreted the FL's words in his own interests & made a statement that put the blame on the FL.

Now they've refuted his interpretation he's been forced to back down.

dongonzalos

So as far as the survey is concerned TF misinterpreted the FL's words in his own interests & made a statement that put the blame on the FL.

Now they've refuted his interpretation he's been forced to back down.

Exactly

I also don't understand at the forums how he could not have had said
If the ground share happens we are intending to sell tickets at half price and providing free transport. How us that sensitive. Again he was hiding behind the FA as he didn't have a plan yet.

dongonzalos

Ok, i might get slated for this but i've met him quite a lot and i actually think he's done some good things at the club. Wait...wait....stop shouting at me....I in no way agree with the ground share and i won't be going. I said last night, if the Ricoh had burnt down and we had no alternative then fine, but there is an alternative.

I think a major problem with Tim and the club is communication. Their PR is crap, the councils PR people have battered them. I think they're a lot more careful than the council though, hence why they hold back all the time. Its difficult, i get on with him - i understand the vision, but i don't agree with the methods of getting there, and i've told him that. I still believe constructive dialogue is possible between the two parties, but unfortunately it appears neither ACL nor SISU believe it.

The thing about fulfilling the fixtures is major. If the club couldn't come up with a plan then we'd basically be kicked out the league. If the Ricoh wasn't an option they had to come up with an alternative, which is what they've done.

I think most peoples frustration is that they refuse to believe that a solution to playing at the ricoh couldn't be found, at the very least, in the interim.

As for yesterday, i think he believed it. People thought he was bluffing about a ground share (me included at one point) and look where we are.

Completely agree there is a big difference between ' there is no other option' and ' not wanting a other option'

torchomatic

The Ewings!?

torchomatic

Does. Not. Compute. Can't. Be. True.

Godiva

This is where it all began ... but nobody cares about the origin of the mess.
Where the bloody Hell are the reporters? Fisher has been saying this for months, yet all people do is call him a liar. Noone dare challenge the CCC or ACL. Nobody ask about Hoffman/Elliot and their timely arrival on the stage. Nobody ask why and how the former ACL chaiman became director at Yorkshire Bank.

But tie a balloon on Fishers car ... that steals the headlines!

Good job by SCG trying to at least keep communication lines open to the club - something the Trust has completely failed the last months.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well I can see scenarios where it might, if a potential offer came along that was better for the council's wider needs, agenda and policy.

We really need this judicial review over and done with, one way or another.

Well as we know the council went and took it all for themselves. If Timmy isn't fibbing (a big if) then not sure what to make of it.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
you do know who makes up the SCG and who was at the meeting dont you Godiva?

as for where it started then was it September or October 2012? because that is when this supoosed agreement on the loan was made? How far back do you choose to go?

TF also said they didnt have to settle the loan at 14m ...... could have got it done for £4m or so he said ....... but per the above they would split the debt £7m each?

RoboCCFC90

Why is everyone so surprised it's not like Tim Fisher has ever lied to us before..

Users who are viewing this thread