Scared! (1 Viewer)

Malaka

I take three young kids to watch the home matches, two are my boys and one is a friend of the families lad, they are 10, 10 and 8.
I got my usual text from the mother about the drop off and she then said that the boys dad is worried and hasn't made his mind up about letting him go.

I replied that i didn't think that Jihadis would bother with the Ricoh and that the Willenhall hooligans would eat them, trying to make light of it.

Strange really as I never even considered an attack as I have been excited about the game. Of course I have watched with interest the disgusting events in Paris. Am I the one being stupid here? Now I am starting to worry about taking my boys.

hill83

If you are worried don't go. Ignore anyone that says you'll be letting the terrorists win by not going.

skyblue1991

The Ricoh won't ever likely be a target especially with Premier League matches on, but I can understand people being worried.

Before my time but theve been other terror groups like the IRA et al and from what I have been told everyone was a bit apprehensive but I guess you can't stop living your life due to terrorist attacks.

Terry Gibson's perm

It is personal choice but I would imagine they have bigger places to make a statement than the Ricoh today. I am going shopping London in a couple of weeks that is probably a bit more iffy.

Kingokings204

Yes I would try not to worry. We are all worried by recent events of course but that shouldn't stop you doing what you what to do. So if you all want to go to the game today then go and if you don't then don't. But don't let others dictate your decision as its not about letting them win its about being normal and living your life. IMO

standupforcity

I live in London and went to a gig Thurs night in Brixton. It didn't feel comfortable but had to be done. Life must go on!

n1xon

Safest bet is to lock yourself up in your house and never leave!!!!! But then again what if Isis start to go out dressed as the tesco delivery man? Get on with your life you got more chance of getting hit by a bloody bus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bawtryneal

I stopped in London on Saturday night after the Colchester game. Armed police everywhere and Transport police all over the tube.
My view is you have to lead your life as normal and not let this scumbag Islamist terrorists dictate your life.
You can get killed in a car crash on the M6 but we all drive on the motorways.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Last week was awful, but we have to keep these things in some sort of perspective.

I've got a 60 mile drive to the game and I'm much much more likely to end up in a fatal car accident than be blown up or shot by some fundamentalist nutter!

Covrock

Guys. There will be a lot of us on here who lived through terrorist threats. Be it here at home, or serving overseas in the forces. Honestly we have to get on with our lives as normally as possible. Thankfully,The nations threat level, unlike Belgium, has not increased. Then it would be a different scenario totally. CCFC have said to arrive early as extra security including bag searches will be taking place. Guys, please do not worry, let's go there and watch the Sky Blues get another 3 points. PUSB

shmmeee

Repost from the sticky thread about this:

Fuck em. Being scared to live your life is what they want. Who is to say they won't hit Tesco or cinemas or whatever.

You're more likely to die from poor diet, air pollution or a traffic accident. Or, in fact anything else.

Even if you're caught up in one by chance, the fatality rate is less than 1 in 10.

Bunch of backwards arseholes. Don't let them get to you.

shmmeee

Would also say:

I flew from London to Washington a few months after 9/11, on a day where there was a specific terror threat against Washington planes. With a woman in a hijab two rows down. While it was snowing like Die Hard 2.

Right now you're probably safer than ever. If they were coordinating attacks they would have hit us, the fact is they're probably too busy hiding to do anything this weekend. Every fucking security force is on standby, and when they tried this at the Stade De France, they couldn't get in, on normal security. I'd argue you're safer this weekend than you were two weeks ago.

And sorry Hill, but no you shouldn't be scared, it is letting the terrorists win. The clue is in the name, they want to terrorise. You will never stop nutters with bombs/guns, they will never defeat us through military means, their aim is to make you scared and make you change your way of life and to make you nervous about Muslims so they stupid fuckers get the holy war they want.

They may be annoying, but unless you also post up on here about "just about to cross the road, really not sure" get some perspective. You are falling victim to the human brains awful ability to assess risk. Sharks, Terrorists, Torandoes are not likely to kill you, heart disease and cancer are. You are not good at judging risks, no human is. They pay attention to the rare but violent deaths and forget the everyday ones.

letsallsingtogether

My daughter isn't going today, is a bit dodgy but can't stop your life
Does that mean Daddy can swear more:D

But seriously I hear people saying why would they hit a small game like ours, well their mentality is to attack what is not expected that way they get maximum effect and catch more people out.
But hey life does go on.......

Nick

Administrator
Does that mean Daddy can swear more:D

But seriously I hear people saying why would they hit a small game like ours, well their mentality is to attack what is not expected that way they get maximum effect and catch more people out.
But hey life does go on.......
Ha no, only under my breath or in my head!

They could hit anywhere, a lottery could smash into me.

Everything will be fine!

malkitccfc

Was at the tennis in London during the week and the security around the city was something else. Understand everyones reasons if they decide to stay away but we can't stop living our lives

mechaishida

I take three young kids to watch the home matches, two are my boys and one is a friend of the families lad, they are 10, 10 and 8.
I got my usual text from the mother about the drop off and she then said that the boys dad is worried and hasn't made his mind up about letting him go.

I replied that i didn't think that Jihadis would bother with the Ricoh and that the Willenhall hooligans would eat them, trying to make light of it.

Strange really as I never even considered an attack as I have been excited about the game. Of course I have watched with interest the disgusting events in Paris. Am I the one being stupid here? Now I am starting to worry about taking my boys.

It's a reasonable parent concern, I'd be the same, to be honest...there's little to no chance of anything actually happening, but then do you risk it if your kids are with you? It's a tough one.

Samo

If they were going to hit the Ricoh, which is extremely unlikely, they would probably go for the Sunday Wasps game when they would catch the posh lot and a few more French people.

Steve.B50

We cannot let these few extremists change our lives.

got back from Belgium last night and while there it was life as normal, although it may be a little differernt in Brussels. Never had our passports checked on the tunnel or going out never even seen any extra police.

Coventry City have a number of supporters who are Muslims, normall every day people, imagine how they feel?

skyblueheaven

Great point steve, im one of them.dnt let the scum who are hijacking a religion and trying to divide us, win, I will be there with my 9 year old defiant and proud to be a sky blue afterall that is our religion at kick off time.pusb

Alkhen

I remember having a similar knot of apprehension when attending the Olympic footy at the Ricoh. I thought it was probably the softest target. Of course I went and it was fine. Still only human nature to worry

Otis

Safest bet is to lock yourself up in your house and never leave!!!!! But then again what if Isis start to go out dressed as the tesco delivery man? Get on with your life you got more chance of getting hit by a bloody bus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Driven by a terrorist?

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

Gazolba

Do they search bags when you go in? If they are not doing that, they should be. Back-packs should not be allowed.

Moff

Do they search bags when you go in? If they are not doing that, they should be. Back-packs should not be allowed.

Searching bags will be the norm from now.

Life has slightly changed in that football and other sports will be subject to more rigourous security checks, but if it prevents the risk of attack, its to be firmly welcomed.

clint van damme

my lad tripped over an unattended bag on the concourse near block 15 before the game. I told him to watch where he was going and carried on walking.

Wasn't until about 10 minutes later that I realised I perhaps should have notified a steward!

hill83

Would also say:

I flew from London to Washington a few months after 9/11, on a day where there was a specific terror threat against Washington planes. With a woman in a hijab two rows down. While it was snowing like Die Hard 2.

Right now you're probably safer than ever. If they were coordinating attacks they would have hit us, the fact is they're probably too busy hiding to do anything this weekend. Every fucking security force is on standby, and when they tried this at the Stade De France, they couldn't get in, on normal security. I'd argue you're safer this weekend than you were two weeks ago.

And sorry Hill, but no you shouldn't be scared, it is letting the terrorists win. The clue is in the name, they want to terrorise. You will never stop nutters with bombs/guns, they will never defeat us through military means, their aim is to make you scared and make you change your way of life and to make you nervous about Muslims so they stupid fuckers get the holy war they want.

They may be annoying, but unless you also post up on here about "just about to cross the road, really not sure" get some perspective. You are falling victim to the human brains awful ability to assess risk. Sharks, Terrorists, Torandoes are not likely to kill you, heart disease and cancer are. You are not good at judging risks, no human is. They pay attention to the rare but violent deaths and forget the everyday ones.

My point is nobody is telling me what to do, and nobody should be telling somebody else what to do. If I decide not to go because of a fear of terrorsim then I won't go, and somebody spouting about letting the the terrorists win can swivel.

I'm not scared myself, but don't tell me we don't all take calculated risks. Syria for a holiday = no. Ibiza = fill your boots.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread