SBT SPEED IMPROVEMENT - Try Google Chrome (1 Viewer)

I know this is not directly football related but I must highly recommend Google Chrome to seriously enhance the speed of your browser.

Having changed a couple of weeks ago to Google Chrome I can honestly say that my speed of application has improved by a factor of 20+ minimum - it's that good.

Even loading from the front screen short cut icon has improved from about 4 to 5 minutes to just 15 seconds.

My enjoyment of SBT has improved enormously flicking through threads and posts is now virtually instantaneous eliminating major drag time.

Highly recommended and free !!!

PUSB

gouldberg

Can only echo this really. Used to use firefox but after a few crash related bugs I switched to chrome many moons ago and it runs like a charm. Even the most recent release of firefox is slow and buggy in comparison.

Easily the best web browser available.

sky_blue_up_north

Um I had update my Firewall settings to make it work with Hotmail, refuses to work with my on-line banking account even thought they say its supported. Crashes when using Flash, does not have reload facility as far as I can see. So its back to Firefox for me...

shmmeee

What OS sbun? I've used it with no issues at all on Windows and OSX. Flash is baked in so should be more stable not less in the latest release and it's 100% standards compliant so any sites that don't work only have themselves to blame and probably aren't very secure if they rely on stuff Chrome doesn't support. FF is a memory hog and extensions are a nightmare, but anything is better than IE.

Edit: reload is on the right of the address bar. It's an x when loading then changes to reload when it's finished.

Also it takes the LAN settings from IE if on Windows so don't see how hotmail would have been affected at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread