SBT - great Friday afternoon chuckle (2 Viewers)

Legia Sky Blue

Personally, I'd have thought the bigger campaign against franchising would involve turning up outside Wasps, and avoiding MK. That's what you need to sell the Trust.

Wasps will play enough home games that can be targeted for protest, without having to pick one that clashes with a City match. If we carry on in our current form the MK game will inevitably attract another huge away following for us. Surely it would be better for the Trust to pick a televised Wasps game that doesn't clash with one of our own, which will only divide our fanbase. I do think the Trust need to arrange a protest along those lines though, and in doing so properly push it so that it is well attended and has an impact.

letsallsingtogether

Have always thought we should do something at their first game. The consensus on here however seems to be that people would rather go to MK...

Why would you do anything against the wasps, look at all of them moaning on here all day long but couldn't spare an hour the last time you and the others tried something.
No one will turn up!
So just go fo MK and enjoy the game :)

Sky Blue Harry H

The Society’s objects are to benefit the community by:

At least use the correct word - always distracts from the content when you make schoolboy errors.

Sky Blue Harry H

I wouldn't.

Happy with our progress and sustainable improvements.

Loving what's going on at the moment. Enjoying going to the football and the experience. Really on board with what is being tried to be achieved.

I was thinking this earlier today. I am loving following City at the moment. I get that our longer term future needs addressing, but if you offered me a season in The Championship and getting beaten 4 out of every 5 games, I can;t pretend that I'd enjoy it more than I am now - I've come to realise it's all about the camaraderie and matchday experience. At the moment it's fun! (home and away!)

shepardo01

Personally, I'd have thought the bigger campaign against franchising would involve turning up outside Wasps, and avoiding MK. That's what you need to sell the Trust.
Totally agree, Personally I can't sell anything to the trust! I have suggested via Twitter that they organise something for a Wasps game (last season) they batted it straight off saying that people should do it themselves.
I have it first hand from a trust board member... who regularly posts on here...that they don't like the word "protest" and that "action" is a better word.
I did go to school with Dave Eyles (all be it over 20 years ago!).and he is a very decent bloke. However, I worry when I see pictures of him at Rugby games (it was England though) and David Johnson "liking" other stuff he puts out.
I'm pretty certain, given their recent statement, that they are still firmly just an anti SISU group. And still pretty certain they will not directly organise anything (they will say no problem for others to do so though...knowing full well that average Joe does not have media access like they do!) to do with "action" at a Wasps game.
CJ, and Dave, please please prove me and many many others wrong and show that you are not just and solely an anti SISU group.

Covstu

I was thinking this earlier today. I am loving following City at the moment. I get that our longer term future needs addressing, but if you offered me a season in The Championship and getting beaten 4 out of every 5 games, I can;t pretend that I'd enjoy it more than I am now - I've come to realise it's all about the camaraderie and matchday experience. At the moment it's fun! (home and away!)
Yep agree, really enjoyed this season so far. We are playing well and despite having to go to SA it’s not been a grind just yet although in the winter it could be more problematic. Sick of all of the shit and nice to see us doing so well.
We need to be back in Coventry no doubt but personally cannot see this happening this year

Sky Blue Harry H

although in the winter it could be more problematic.

....yes, bad results and bad weather are not a good combination in Coventry, so will feel worse when having to travel (but the former isn't going to happen too often this season -there, I've jinxed it!!)

Users who are viewing this thread