SBT Forum highlights 2023 (1 Viewer)

Greggs

As another year comes close to the end, it's been rather emotional. A surprise new owner, two of our heroes sold for record money, new heroes purchased for record money, but nothing will stick in my mind more than the time I told you lot that you had to print your emailed playoff tickets in colour rather than black and white. It makes me happy. Thank you

What are your highlights of the past year? Both on the pitch and on this place!?

Greggs

@shmmeee a bloke in his 40s admitting he pays for customised trainers.

@Marty finding love and fucking off to poland all the time ;)

NorthernWisdom

I've never seen a post that screams cuckold beta male more than this.

I offered you a fair bet, you took a week to come back. You then offered out some very strange terms which you thought you couldn't lose on, and some questionable charities to try and look hard and funny, but when it comes down to it, you were more or less backed into a corner and scared to follow through. You then pulled the biggest cuck of the century, and rather than jump into the ring with me, paid out to the season ticket fund to get out of it, whilst at the same time try to make yourself look like a big man and get validation from the forum. Neither move surprises me.

I challenge you to a £1000 charity boxing match. Loser pays out to the other person's chosen charity (no restrictions). Also, if you lose, I want a free promotion of my next book in your publication in the form of interview and advertising, and the right to reveal your name to the general public. Being such a big man, you surely can't turn that down. Even if you lose, I respect anybody that is willing to step into the ring. I mean that wholeheartedly, and with the chance to quadruple the money for good causes, surely it makes sense?

Your move.

Brighton Sky Blue

Grendel’s Christmas quiz
CC4L’s made up cousin
£1000 charity boxing match
BSB wets his chinos
Saddlebrains hand jobs
GIMOC says Hamer’s signed
Then he’s going out the door
Five more Boosh accounts
I can’t take this anymore

SBT didn’t start the fire
It was always burning since GMK was turning
No we didn’t light it but Earlsdon’s trying to fight it

Covkid1968#

The absolute shit fest on here around how much was spent and the perceived value for money for Hadji Wright will become one of the comedy highlights of 2023 on here.

Covkid1968#

Grendel’s Christmas quiz
CC4L’s made up cousin
£1000 charity boxing match
BSB wets his chinos
Saddlebrains hand jobs
GIMOC says Hamer’s signed
Then he’s going out the door
Five more Boosh accounts
I can’t take this anymore

It was always burning since GMK was turning
No we didn’t light it but Earlsdon’s trying to fight it
Haha… some classics on there. I genuinely believed the Hamer one. I Even pretended to be an ITK down my local on the back of it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Haha… some classics on there. I genuinely believed the Hamer one. I Even pretended to be an ITK down my local on the back of it.
The problem with pretending to be ITK is that it’s time sensitive before you get rumbled. Interesting that whoever is feeding Saddle also makes some stuff up for a laugh to see it posted here

SkyBlueSoul

Tbf the £1000 charity boxing match was both funny and informative. Didn't know until that point that prisoners in Romania got internet access.

clint van damme

just had a look back at the thread the ESB post came from and rediscovered the 'McNulty better than Gyokeres' exchange.
The thread contains a rich seam of absolute lunacy worthy of being nominated in this one.

Greggs

just had a look back at the thread the ESB post came from and rediscovered the 'McNulty better than Gyokeres' exchange.
The thread contains a rich seam of absolute lunacy worthy of being nominated in this one.
Users need tagging, it's the end of season awards after all!

clint van damme

Vic never roused us in Carlisle!

Levels apart who has scored more in a single season vic or sparky ? Outside the prem ? Have a look - who got us into league 1 … what league did vic elevate us to ? Who remembers his rousing the crowd away at Carlisle in the middle of winter - who slotted the most goals in recent history

Chris1987

On the pitch was seeing the team walk out at Wembley.

On here Saddlebrains hand job debacle was hilarious.
The meltdowns regarding pre season signings was typical.

Jamesimus

As another year comes close to the end, it's been rather emotional. A surprise new owner, two of our heroes sold for record money, new heroes purchased for record money, but nothing will stick in my mind more than the time I told you lot that you had to print your emailed playoff tickets in colour rather than black and white. It makes me happy. Thank you

What are your highlights of the past year? Both on the pitch and on this place!?

@Nick and @Grendel saying it was "nonsense" that Sakamoto was being rested for fitness reasons and that he had actually been "dropped" despite playing well, only for him to start the next game with no acknowledgement from the former posters was a personal highlight

EDIT - Also particularly enjoyed the "goalkeeper hasn't had a save to make" interaction with @Nick where I pointed out the goalkeeper had actually made a few saves.

I like being right.

Last edited:

Jamesimus

On the pitch it has to be Hamer’s goal at Wembley - not sure I’ll ever experience a moment of pure joy and pandemonium like it.

Yeah this for me. I tried to explain it to someone at work. It was a shit day, but also, after that goal for about 15 mins it felt like it was only going to be us that won.

Brighton Sky Blue

On the pitch it has to be Hamer’s goal at Wembley - not sure I’ll ever experience a moment of pure joy and pandemonium like it.
With the benefit of a truck load of hindsight I agree. For better or worse, going to games like those are ultimately why anyone not made of plastic supports their club.

Still doubt I’ll ever rewatch the game though.

Nick

Administrator
@Nick and @Grendel saying it was "nonsense" that Sakamoto was being rested for fitness reasons and that he had actually been "dropped" despite playing well, only for him to start the next game with no acknowledgement from the former posters was a personal highlight

EDIT - Also particularly enjoyed the "goalkeeper hasn't had a save to make" interaction with @Nick where I pointed out the goalkeeper had actually made a few saves.

I like being right.
That's your highlight?

I bet you get out of the shower to have a piss as well.

Users who are viewing this thread