Save Our City Changes (1 Viewer)

kg82

So because of 2 resignations there is no more SOC?

The Reverend Skyblue

Thanks for the comments Rev - irony is that at the same time as I have been trying to get the club divorced from SISU I have personally been trying to get divorced from my wife so its been a bit fraught all round! Mind you it looks like my personal divorce will happen quicker then the clubs - at least I have had an offer on the table which has been accepted. Seems you have to be able to make an offer before someone can accept it - tip for Mr Hoffman.

Perhaps Jan i should of said instaed of your family i should of said your kids. How you found time to run this and go through the minefield that is divorce i don't know.
I highlight the word, Relax, if you can, and i hope the divorce goes well, if that can happen, and you come out the other side a happier man.

The Rev

harvey098

Good on you Jan for making a difference. I dont think we would've made national media without SOC.

Agree with whats been said before now though, whatever your feelings are towards SISU or Gary Hoffman, we just need to get down to the Ricoh and support the team.

Sterling Archer

Jan has been spot on with his postings here. The blind faith behind Hoffman just because he is a Coventry fan is alarming although I put that down to some peoples desparation as well as stupidity. Any idiot can go "yeah, we want SISU out, just go SISU, go away." Then what happens? At least Jan seems to have thought about this.

kg82

That was the N.W.A. wasn't it?

Maybe the new group are going to start popping some caps in some muthafuckas ass?

As long as it's minuted and on the agenda mind.

Hah, I meant the book!!! But yeah, the SOC, "Straight outta Coventry" and "F*ck the SISU"!

mexico88

Jan has been spot on with his postings here. The blind faith behind Hoffman just because he is a Coventry fan is alarming although I put that down to some peoples desparation as well as stupidity. Any idiot can go "yeah, we want SISU out, just go SISU, go away." Then what happens? At least Jan seems to have thought about this.

This view is frankly retarded.

Blind faith suggests that people have suggested Hoffman in because he is a CCFC fan. Wrong.

1. Hoffman has approached the current owners with intent to buy out and invest both in the team and in the assets (Stadium etc) - this information has been public.

2. The current owners cant and don't want to do that.

Blind faith is to suggest that we should trust Hoffman without knowing what his plans are. But he's told us what his plans are - have SISU?

I suggest its more accurate to say "From the information available, it makes more sense for CCFC to sell to the consortium that wants to invest - not cut back."

How is that blind faith?

Lord_Nampil

SOC ??? Im sorry but that's not what i believe in and if that's the way they want to go then they go with out my backing! A project like this is ment to unite the fans and make us feel proud to be a Coventry City fan moving forward in away which makes the city as a hole feel proud of the club too! The game changer (i am going to call it that) is to be quite frank pathetic.

This could have been something to use as a benchmark of how to save a club and how to unite the fans and move the club and the city into a positive direction.

Although i don't know you Jan,

you knew what needed to happen. Its a shame that others didn't!

Last edited:

Steve.B50

I can assure everyone that SOC will continue with the aim of getting the present board out of CCFC.
We have more plans to help put our point of views forward.
Above all we have one common passion and thats Coventry City Football Club.

Steve.B50

olderskyblue

Blind faith suggests that people have suggested Hoffman in because he is a CCFC fan. Wrong.

1. Hoffman has approached the current owners with intent to buy out and invest both in the team and in the assets (Stadium etc) - this information has been public.

2. The current owners cant and don't want to do that.

Blind faith is to suggest that we should trust Hoffman without knowing what his plans are. But he's told us what his plans are - have SISU?

I suggest its more accurate to say "From the information available, it makes more sense for CCFC to sell to the consortium that wants to invest - not cut back."

How is that blind faith?

Isn't this what SISU promised? Was it not blind faith when most heralded their buying our club and saving the day? We trusted they would deliver on their promises. they didn't. We don't know yet what Hoffman's group will actually do (whoever they are?) only what Hoffman says they will do.

Sterling Archer

Ooooh, bold writing to make your point, I like it.

Can I suggest you read a number of threads where the majority of people on this board have suggested the exact thing?

Unless you took my comment personally, which is even more retarded.

I also like the irony in defining what isn't blind faith and taking Hoffman's word as gospel. Sweet, sweet irony.

olderskyblue

ashbyjan;138273 I was shocked to be told that Hoffman and Elliott would refuse to deal with any fans body that has dared to talk to the current owners but from the sound of it they actually have no interest in fan representation anyway – doesn’t bode well for the future 'CCFC'[/QUOTE said:
Who told you this, and how certain are you that it's true?

LastGarrison

Why act like a dick?

As soon as it went from a group of fans meeting to try and do something about the state of our club to board meetings, taking minutes, tendering resignations and kindly offering their services as mediators, then they opened themselves up to as much piss taking as possible.

Gaz

I understand what some are saying about putting blind faith in the Hoffman bid and that we don't know anything about the bid.

But it's not like we could be jumping from the frying pan and into the fire, because we are already in the fire with Sisu in charge in IMO.

I'm all for the hoff bid without knowing the full details of the consortium because it's clear we are only going backwards with Sisu and they have already been told by the council that they can forget the Ricoh.

chiefdave

I understand what some are saying about putting blind faith in the Hoffman bid and that we don't know anything about the bid.

But it's not like we could be jumping from the frying pan and into the fire, because we are already in the fire with Sisu in charge in IMO.

I'm all for the hoff bid without knowing the full details of the consortium because it's clear we are only going backwards with Sisu and they have already been told by the council that they can forget the Ricoh.

My opinion is that the approach SOC had before, that SISU should put the club up for sale at a reasonable price, was spot on. At the moment we've only got Hoff sniffing around and we don't know for sure what his bid involves, people are assuming that because he's a fan everything will be OK.

If SISU were to market the club and try and sell it who knows who else might put their hat into the ring. And what happens if SISU do go, which now seems to be the sole aim, and Hoffs investors aren't ready to step in?

rob9872

This reminds me of the Only Fools and Horses episode where Rodney attends the tennancy committee and ends up as chairman. It would all be a bit laughable if it didn't hurt so much.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
what has actually been made public is that in the first bid there was a pot of £30m that was to be split £10m for paying some debts £10m to acquire players £10m to purchase an interest in ACL. Those sums being put into the club as loans and only if SISU discounted their loans so the situation not made worse in terms of liabilities. There are no details at all of the current discussions.

All very neat round numbers except (and these are only a few of the questions)

- it is safe to assume that SISU knew what the debts were GH certainly didnt he was no longer involved - the vast majority was owed to SISU. Is £10m enough or is it too much? - no real facts there then
- Is it £10m to buy the players or is it to buy and pay the players? Is the pot size affected by the amount of debts paid off ? Expensive players have expensive wages and dont guarantee success so will that push the losses up and at what point does GH consortium themselves stop funding the club and start selling the squad to balance the books. So a nice round number no actual facts
- £10m to buy the ground - no it doesnt it is £10m to offer to take up the option to buy the shares from the Higgs Charity. It doesnt get the club any income at all nor does it get any control over the stadium. Oh and the offer can be turned down by the Charity or vetoed by the council.
- We are not told who is involved in this consortium - we have no idea who is (that sound familiar) There are of course the usual leaks of info with the caveat of "I will tell you but dont tell anyone else" said to the chosen few - why? to what end ?
- We have been given as yet no idea as to why GH's consortium will succeed where SISU failed many just assume they will.
- we, well a lot, take it for granted things will be better under GH's consortium - they will have the same problems to deal with it is still going to be a rocky road if results dont kick in on the pitch
- we somehow choose to believe that because he is a ccfc fan things will be better - had plenty of ccfc fans running the club before and look where we got.

If you ask me are taking a lot of things on faith - personally I dont know GH or his backers, so until I am given good reason to I will keep my faith to myself (blind or otherwise). I will keep an open mind, I will give any new owners a fair chance but hell I wont just believe something just because they say so - actions not words or even faith please!

Finally well done to Jan for actually getting off his backside and doing something....... Whether you (collective) agree with it or not at least he tried to do something. He put himself out there and got shot at..... we all have our own styles and ways of getting things done - so live with it ....... some of the more personal comments aimed at him i find less than worthy of a sky blue fan. Personally I did nothing except write a few words on here - pretty much like most I would guess but unlike some who are fierce in their rhetoric but soft in action (their choice and i am comfortable with that) - I should imagine right now he wonders "why did I bother" So I whole heartedly applaud the guy for at least doing something !

Last edited:

Gaz

I reckon we would then be looking at administration then.
Which would open a few more doors for us tbf.
( Not that I'm saying that's what we should do mind )

My opinion is that the approach SOC had before, that SISU should put the club up for sale at a reasonable price, was spot on. At the moment we've only got Hoff sniffing around and we don't know for sure what his bid involves, people are assuming that because he's a fan everything will be OK.

If SISU were to market the club and try and sell it who knows who else might put their hat into the ring. And what happens if SISU do go, which now seems to be the sole aim, and Hoffs investors aren't ready to step in?

torchomatic

Jan is spot on. People do have blind faith in GH in the same measure that they have 100% distrust in SISU. This is despite GH never actually revealing (or proving) his plans for the club. We get a lot of "yeah, but he's a City fan" comments, which would be fine if all the money to buy/invest in City was HIS money, but it's not. His investors aren't City fans. They want to make money and they been convinced by GH that CCFC are a good bet.

City fan or not, personally, I will trust GH and his investors when they have earnt that trust. Until then, like OSB, I will keep an open mind.

torchomatic

Couldn't agree more with this, Jan. The SISU-OUT at any costs crowd do not give any indications of WHO is going to come in and HOW the club would survive if SISU turned round tomorrow and said "OK, bollocks to you, we're off." If SISU did do that then the same fans would be complain of being "abandoned".

I think some of the anti-SISU stuff has been OTT and despite they're not being the best custodians we've ever had, I can think of worse; BR for instance.

I wasn't a big fan of SOC as in the end these groups tend to get a little too big for their boots, but your sentiments were sound and as were you intentions. If SOC is now turning into a purely SISU OUT organisation then, personally, I think you're better off without them.

I have no pride in failure Mexico - I wanted more than a SISU-out chanting mob but others had their own ideas so I leave it to them. I hope their blind faith in Hoffman is rewarded and this time next year we are thinking about promotion from Div One and all will be rosy with our benevolent new leader.

rob9872

Natalie Cox will happily take over the chair on the proviso that she gets free tickets for all Man Utd home games

'

'I was shocked to be told that Hoffman and Elliott would refuse to deal with any fans body that has dared to talk to the current owners but from the sound of it they actually have no interest in fan representation anyway – doesn’t bode well for the future, but that’s just my opinion'

An opinion not based on fact, in my opinion. Gary is a mate of my Dad's and, having met him on a number of occasions, I find this notion ridiculous.

'I am not prepared to blindly follow anyone on the strength of promises and rhetoric'

I can't begrudge you that.

Users who are viewing this thread