Saudi Football League (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

I've already posted this in the Other Football forum but as this may have implications for us down the line (FFP, if we get into Europe etc), thought I'd post it here for reactions as well

Frostie

Makes no sense.

Their only draw is the absurd amount of money they can throw around in transfer fees & wages. By joining a UEFA competition they'd have to abide by FFP which would completely negate that.

Happy_Martian

Is Saudi Arabia part of Europe? If not, they should fuck off.

Kazakhstan play in European competition after swapping from the Asian alliance in 2002. Israel play in UEFA competitions too.

Happy_Martian

Makes no sense.

Their only draw is the absurd amount of money they can throw around in transfer fees & wages. By joining a UEFA competition they'd have to abide by FFP which would completely negate that.

What's FFP when your owner/backing is your entire country ? PIF puts the millions Boehly and the Glazers have to shame.

hamertime

Knowing Fifa or Uefa its bound to happen. They are only interested in money and they can get more from the Arabs than anyone. Who would of ever thought Qatar would have got a world cup. This will happen, it will probably turn in to a world champions league anyway with the top clubs only interested in that.

hamil99

Facebook User
What's FFP when your owner/backing is your entire country ? PIF puts the millions Boehly and the Glazers have to shame.

It's not just that, I'm pretty sure it's PIF that own 4 of the top clubs in the Saudi league. Surely they would have to sell 3 to adhere with the multi team ownership rules.

Happy_Martian

It's not just that, I'm pretty sure it's PIF that own 4 of the top clubs in the Saudi league. Surely they would have to sell 3 to adhere with the multi team ownership rules.

I've been on the Sunderland forum and tried to get some info on this for them with Newcastle being unofficially PIF owned.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Is Saudi Arabia part of Europe? If not, they should fuck off.

The Saudis will just bung million's at uefa and let them take part. 🤑🤑🤑

Terry Gibson's perm

I’ve said on the other page they will go for one and then more and then uefa can play their finals there.

clint van damme

THIS MUST BE STOPPED AT ALL COS......

Sorry? You want to bid £15m for Simon Moore???

I think we should be open to this...

Why would the bid 15 million for Moore?
They've got convicted shoplifters with better handling, and they don't have to provide them with gloves.

ccfc1234

Not surprised at all and perhaps more shocked they are not pushing for the 24/25 season. Am against it but if they want to give all football association's in Europe 10 million a year for a decade and that that funding is ring fenced and has to be spent on grass roots football I could live with it.

Was this not why the world club cup was being expanded?

Happy_Martian

Not surprised at all and perhaps more shocked they are not pushing for the 24/25 season.

Was this not why the world club cup was being expanded?

Was mentioned on the Sunderland board that the current UEFA TV deal ends 24/25. Coincidence ? Who knows.

ccfc1234

Was mentioned on the Sunderland board that the current UEFA TV deal ends 24/25. Coincidence ? Who knows.

I see that the Premiership will have 5 spaces when the competition expands. While they are not designated to the EPL specifically it's going to be based on how well clubs from European leagues do in Europe. Given EPL clubs are always going to be in the mix most seasons, it is likely that the race for the 'top 4' will soon be consistently a race for the 'top 5'. While I only follow the EPL from afar and rarely watch the champions league due to watching City or Championship games midweek. It will detract from the EPL as the race for 5th won't be as tense as the race for the top 4 when for a number of the so called big teams have been missing out (Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs) did this season.

clint van damme

They've bought Golf , F1, Boxing there's no stopping them buying football,
They're already balls deep in Europe by owning / backing so many teams .
Football is fucked

Wait until you find out about their relationship with Western governments and how much say that have in geopolitics

Il Pirata

The Saudis will just bung million's at uefa and let them take part. 🤑🤑🤑
Been happening for time immemorial at UEFA and FIFA. It's only a matter of time before Ceferin (who is in the pocket of Nasser Al-Khelaifi) and Infantino are outed like their predecessors now the Saudis are involved like Qatar is. In fact, it's probably a requisite for those jobs.

lacesoutdom

the new paddy power advert screams this, no one wants a saudi club takeover, until it happens to your own club....

Otis

Guess all get precedence over the championship!.
Yup.

Premier League first, then Women's Premier League, then Women's Wheelchair Football League, then The Transgender & Lesbian Conference, then the MLS, then China, then the Saudi Professional League and THEN the Championship.

Users who are viewing this thread