Saudi Arabian League (2 Viewers)

tisza

Going to implode in record time compared to what happened in China
more money than the Chinese league. Don't care if they're losing money all about sports washing. LIV surviving despite huge losses. The difference is golfers don't have to live there, the footballers do. Not everyone's cup of tea as a place to live regardless of the money

Brighton Sky Blue

more money than the Chinese league. Don't care if they're losing money all about sports washing. LIV surviving despite huge losses. The difference is golfers don't have to live there, the footballers do. Not everyone's cup of tea as a place to live regardless of the money
Do think that the greedy sods who took the cash should be made to see out their deals.

SlowerThanPlatt

Henderson’s U-turn is set to cost him millions and Telegraph Sport can now reveal that he has left Saudi without earning any of his £350,000-a-week wages to date, with sources close to the player believing he may never be paid for the six months he spent at Al-Ettifaq.

The key reason for the deferral is not entirely clear, but Telegraph Sport understands that it was in part so that he could return to Britain to play for England in the short term, unrestricted by the time limitations placed on those without UK taxpayer status.

• Wow
Reactions: AOM

robbiekeane

I mean it’s easy I guess on reflection to actually laugh at hypocrisy but I’m certain on occasions I’d have laughed with my university house mates about gays when in reality at the time was in a gay relationship myself so I can’t really criticise too much
I know this is a few months old but that’s different isn’t it. One is laughing along or making jokes about something that you’ve been taught is something thats fine to publicly mock, while having something very personal in your life that goes against that. Especially if that’s back in the day.

The other is just outright lying about motivations for something, think that’s where people lose respect.

Side question, do you identify as gay/bi-sexual today?

NortonSkyBlue

I refuse to believe his financial advice has been that bad
It is pointed out to UK expats that you work on two year contracts and quitting returning to your home base within those two years will make you liable for tax at UK levels.
if you stay then it is tax free.
Obviously Henderson and his family were not cut out to live in such a place which isn't for everyone and has decided to return to a place where it is more like home. I don’t expect him to last too long in Amsterdam either.

AOM

Assuming the Ajax move is complete, Al-Ettifaq saying there is an add-on where Henderson will actually owe them money if Ajax qualify for European football

SkyBlueSoul

Gerrard has agreed an extension until 2027 with Al-Ettifaq 8th and winless in 8. Cynics might say they're just trying to get the Henderson news out of the headlines...

no_loyalty

Henderson has signed for Ajax on a 2.5yr contract.

Nick

Administrator
The whole Saudi thing is cringe worthy. It's like when you have boxing there, everything is "his excellency".

People will say all sorts for the money, give me shit loads of money and I'll call somebody that and say how great a country is.

Users who are viewing this thread