Saturdays Kits (1 Viewer)

WillenhallSkyBlues

Yeah it's good considering the blue on the top doesn't match the blue on the sock, I take it that's how it was in 87 too? Probably not

Don't you all think that it's a bit weird that fans are planning to boycott a game so the club are wearing a shirt that they will probably only ever wear once. SISU will lose nothing from this game with the additional sales of this shirt.

MatthewWallis

I hope the club don't make a knee jerk decision and have this as next seasons kit because it's not nice, especially with the awful neck

Sterling Archer

Always quick to moan about stuff aren't we. Its a nice touch and it recognises what a great achievement we made 25 years ago. Im certainley not going to get my knickers in the twist over a pair of socks or our owners (if there are any) alterior motives for releasing it.

ICHAN

Thrown together then, their good i'll give them that.
Maybe they have no-one to do marketing now KD's left.
Although I do like the top, would get one but can't log on, and it hasn't resent my password.:mad:

kingharvest

Don't you all think that it's a bit weird that fans are planning to boycott a game so the club are wearing a shirt that they will probably only ever wear once. SISU will lose nothing from this game with the additional sales of this shirt.

This will have nothing to do with the ownership of the club.

People need to remember that operationally, most of the things that happen at the club are influenced in no way by SISU. This will have been planned a while ago as part of the 25th anniversary of winning the cup.

We can't keep linking the two together all the time

LastGarrison

People need to remember that operationally, most of the things that happen at the club are influenced in no way by SISU. This will have been planned a while ago as part of the 25th anniversary of winning the cup.

Does seem strange the late marketing of it though? I know they only have a limited amount that will probably sell out regardless but with a bit of advanced marketing and building it up as the "25th anniversary" then they probably could have sold a shed load more.

chiefdave

and here's the problem, if it's been planned why the hell would you not have them on sale for Xmas? You'd have to be an absolute idiot to wait until a week after Xmas to announce it and then only have it on sale for 48 hours before what is likley to be the only game we wear it in. Does make it seem like it's all been rushed.

they also were out of stock of a lot of items in the shop running up to Xmas, everything about the club is so badly run its unbelivable.

Does seem strange the late marketing of it though? I know they only have a limited amount that will probably sell out regardless but with a bit of advanced marketing and building it up as the "25th anniversary" then they probably could have sold a shed load more.

That's my point they have not let us know in advance and released it 3 days before the game. Think about the marketing that went into this seasons strip.

kingharvest

Yeah thats a fair point. I'd like to know why they haven't marketed the hell out of it. I hope there is some magical marketing reason for doing it and its not just down to incompetence

cornoccfc

very last minute how it was released

ajsccfc

It's late to be announced, but it's fair to say Puma wouldn't knock out a second unique shirt in a single season for a piddling club like us on a short-notice whim.

Even Spurs get the identikit Puma design and we've now got two that veer from their template.

WillieStanley

They spent all the marketing budget on the window display and the never ending countdown on the launch of the main home kit.

Its good that the badge is the 87 style. How many incarnations have there been of our badge with all the varied colours etc.

Sterling Archer

I wonder if we can get numbers on the back in the same style as the 87 Cup Final? Or maybe a different style to suit the kit.

Which player from the 87 Cup Final would you get on the back of your shirt if you could?

Got to be Dave Bennett for me. Magic feet!

skybluelee

I wonder if we can get numbers on the back in the same style as the 87 Cup Final? Or maybe a different style to suit the kit.

Which player from the 87 Cup Final would you get on the back of your shirt if you could?

Got to be Dave Bennett for me. Magic feet!

Yep, red numbers are available, £3.75 ea. You can't order them online though. I got number 10 on mine so I can practice my diving headers in the back garden more authentically. :)

Skyblueweeman

I can't believe no one has mentioned how unhappy the players look in the original photo taken. Only McSheffrey musters anything resembling a cracked smile!

Users who are viewing this thread