Saturday's Boycott/Protest (1 Viewer)

crowsnest

Crowsnest - are you sure? I thought the shares were simply handed over to SISU with nothing in return.
La Lucha - point taken and I will try to remedy the website as soon as I can

It looks like the shareholders were offered 1p per share and one "b" share in CCFC holdings.

There are 295 people registered as "b" shareholders.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
how typical of Coventry fans !

Each to their own opinion, support the boycott or do not it is for each to make their own choice - i have no problem with that.

However do not berate those that try to take some action nor lecture them on what should be done when not getting involved yourselves. If you think some action or other should be taken then get involved and help to make it happen. Or if you think it is pointless, thats fine, state your opinion and why but do not have the gall to say "i wont do anything but this is what you should do"

The best the boycott can do is raise awareness, anyone thinking it would achieve more are kidding themselves - SOC set out to raise awareness and it has. It is newly formed and plans for the future are understandably at an early stage - it also depends on a democratic process at meetings and whether support for it remains. I think you will find Jan and Brinner etc are trying best they can to keep as low a profile as possible BUT some one has to lead it or nothing will get done. Most recent CCFC articles in CT and on CWR/Mercia have referred to it, National news papers have taken some interest because of it, Talk sport through Keys refers to it, Local TV will take an interest in it. The organisers have been pretty clear as to who they are protesting against.

It isnt going to be a national or global campaign very few if any clubs can tap into such PR - but it is what a small group of passionate and loyal Skyblue supporters feel they can do. They should be applauded for at least doing something not ridiculed as by some. SOC has always made it clear that they respect the feelings of those who do not wish to boycott that respect should be reciprocated - we are all Sky Blues fans arent we ???

Of course it wont get rid of SISU if you thought such fan actions ever would you are somewhat out of touch. The only thing that will change this situation is money (one way or another) but that doesnt mean fans should not make their feelings know and in a way that it gets noticed. Support isnt always about sitting in the stands watching - nor does doing that make you a "real" fan, there are no "real" fans, there is no order of merit in being a fan, there are no qualifications to it.......... we are just fans and each must make their own decision as to how as a fan they can best serve the team we all love

Why should any supporter blindly back any owner or potential invester or new owner - lack of transparency and blind trust helped get us here in the first place. We know nothing of GH's proposals so no one can back them or not. Personally if I was in secretive detailed talks to purchase I would not be discussing the details with anyone other than those directly involved let alone a newly formed fans group!

Some of the comments I have seen here come over almost as being personal against those who organise the boycott and only weaken our fans unity - very disappointed by that. Choose your own way to support the club but have the humility to accept others may see it differently - that doesnt make them less worthy, foolish or less of a fan, respect their view that they feel they can do something - however small that thing may seem to you. Doesnt make you or them wrong

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

Porky is a regular poster on GMK and has been opposed to any form of protest from day one so I tend not to take his posts to heart too much. As far as follow up actions that are planned those under discussion include getting a mass migration (legally) to blocks 1 and 2 to be right by Directors for protests, more direct communication with London media about SISU's mismanagement, another visit to SISU HQ, depending on success of this protest then maybe something similar, encouraging people to hold of buying season tickets until SISU have gone - any other ideas welcome.

As for supporting the Hoffman bid, as we do not really know what is being proposed, who the backers are, what the plans for the team, stadium, etc are it is difficult to say we are 100% behind the bid. However if he has someone with deep pockets who is willing to put us on a sound financial footing with a long term plan of gradual self sufficiency, plans for on field investment, more fans involvement at decision making level, giving the club back to the community, returning the shares that SISU took of supporters or at least some gesture towards these people etc then we would support it but as we have no knowledge of any of these we cannot give our endorsement to the alleged / rumoured Hoff bid. It is easy to say it has to be better than we what we have but we must look upon this as an opportunity to try and ensure that we the supporters have some input in the future of our club and we are not just swapping one lot of faceless, uncaring money men for another.

Good to see that you're not giving wholehearted backing to any(if any) bids for the club without knowing anything about it, already been out of one frying pan into the fire, do it again and we'll be charcoal.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Only if I was given real power and backing to sort it out SBD - never going to happen though is it. To be honest I dont think I could deal with the frustration of dealing with SISU & the current board, the secrecy and politics would drive me nuts, and no doubt there would be those here etc that would see me as a SISU puppet whatever I did :facepalm: - so I think I will have to pass on that. Thanks for the vote of confidence though :)

Last edited:

wingy

So many keen to shoot others down ,just because they're there to be shot at,like the lads that are organising the Boycott.the "BOYCOTT " is intended to be the "FULL BOYCOTT" ,however ,as there are no prima donna's behind it and from a sense of inclusivity,input from one attendee at the meeting centred on feeling uncomfortable doing the whole boycott ,it was his suggestion to do 15 mins,and because no one was /is trying to elevate themselves in any way ,as it was aloose gathering of concerned supporters ,without as yet any structure ,his request was adopted ,if this has lead to a sense of losing focus, thats a shame ,for all others there it will be "THE FULL BOYCOTT".

lordsummerisle

So many keen to shoot others down ,just because they're there to be shot at,like the lads that are organising the Boycott.the "BOYCOTT " is intended to be the "FULL BOYCOTT" ,however ,as there are no prima donna's behind it and from a sense of inclusivity,input from one attendee at the meeting centred on feeling uncomfortable doing the whole boycott ,it was his suggestion to do 15 mins,and because no one was /is trying to elevate themselves in any way ,as it was aloose gathering of concerned supporters ,without as yet any structure ,his request was adopted ,if this has lead to a sense of losing focus, thats a shame ,for all others there it will be "THE FULL BOYCOTT".

As long as it's not "The Full Monty".

Though may keep more people away from the game thinking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread