Saturday's Boycott/Protest (1 Viewer)

guicey15

Presuming that the takeover will still not have happened by Saturday, just wondering how many people are we hoping to turn up to the protest at Jimmy's chin and how empty are we hoping the ground will be at kick off? (excluding away fans). I was listening to C&W this afternoon and they asked 3 or 4 people if they were protesting and boycotting for the 1st 15 minutes, and they all said no, I am going straight into the game :/

wozey

i really dont see what good any protest like that would do if you went in for the last 15 mins you still have to pay

guicey15

No, were boycotting the 1st 15 minutes, so KO is in front of an empty stadium. So you still get to see 75 mins :facepalm: Others however are not going to the game at all, and protesting for the full hour and a half. So will obviously not pay for a ticket.

Last edited:

@richh87

People aren't supposed to go to the game at all!

The "go in after 15 minutes" thing was for those who insisted on going in!

Bloody CWR seem to be doing their bit to quash the protest IMO.

Nick

Administrator
How many people will turn out outside and not go at all?

10 people and a Dog stood outside?

@richh87

Well that's the whole point of the protest; to starve SISU of funds and show them how things will be next season if they are still in charge.

Nick

Administrator
Well that's the whole point of the protest; to starve SISU of funds and show them how things will be next season if they are still in charge.

What 10 men and a dog stood outside while the rest go in? Unless we get like 500 home fans they wont care!

Publicity against then is good, but it can also look pathetic if not many turn out, which i hope they do!

@richh87

What 10 men and a dog stood outside while the rest go in? Unless we get like 500 home fans they wont care!

Publicity against then is good, but it can also look pathetic if not many turn out, which i hope they do!

It looks bad doesn't it. The message seems to have got confused.

I'd have simply said "the idea is not to go to the game at all and protest outside".

EleanorRigby

This protest Saturday is just the start and probably should have happened months ago and it is against SISU and how they have and are running and ruining our club. I don't think there will be hundreds there but it's a start and i am certain will gain momentum should sisu remain. Don't give a frig about CWR or their reporters, it is us, the fans of our club who are important. Support the action and remember it is against SISU and their policies.

@richh87

I'll be there plus the three I go with. None of us have tickets for the game and will get there very early as I think more supporters will be inclined to protest for at least the first 15mins if there's a big crowd doing it.

ccfcdan

I think if people walk round to the statue and there's 10 or 15 people there they will feel uncomfortable and walk past. Somehow we need to ensure that we get a large gathering to begin with and then it will build. I and two others will be there regardless of the numbers.

@richh87

Don't want to be controversial here; but I think if people haven't decided yet, and want SISU to leave, I think that they need to protest and not buy a ticket.

A bid is claimed to be on the table - let's convince SISU to take it.

Starving them of funds is the only thing that will really make them take notice. It will be a glimpse into their future with us in League 1.

I dread to think how things will be if they still own us next season - in fact i'm sure they'll sever all ties before then.

cloughie

I won't be going into the game and will be protesting,

seems like to many want to keave it to others or wait and see if anyone turns up

it's called carn't be bothered.

would rather people say they are not going to boycott or they will protest and go in than the apathetic attitude of some

I can respect their choice i cannot respect the apathetic who will be the first to criticise whatever the out come

Last edited:

sky_blue_up_north

Won't bother going, £15, 200 Mile trip... just not worth it

ashbyjan

For more info about the protest go to www.save-our-city.com or come to the meeting on Thursday evening at the Hen Lane Social Club 6 Beacon Rd Coventry CV6 4DS, meeting upstairs at 8pm - all welcome.

I'll be there as will the 3 I go with.

The protest will only ever look pathetic if people don't stand up and be counted.

ashbyjan

The biggest enemy of any protest is apathy - people sitting back and hoping that others will sort it out or that it will sort itself out. If you want to make a difference join us, even if its just for the half hour. Is giving up 15 minutes of one game too much to ask to try and save your team from the downward spiral its currently on?

Jan

It looks to me like you may be trying to oust SISU by yourself and everyone else needs to fall into your line. What's the next step of the Save Our City campaign?

On the website it states that the whole plan is a protest on Saturday. If you want people to get involved you need other events planned or people will think its a one off and not bother. By calling Onye Igwe incompetant on the site you leave YOUrself open to liable actions.

1 Protest is not much of a plan, but you and Brinner will get your names up in lights.

TAKEN FROM GMK. A GENERAL CONCENSUS? MAYBE NOT BUT RAISES SOME SERIOUS QUESTIONS ABOUT SOC CAMPAIGN.

large_text_new.png

PorkyCovvy
958 posts
First used 27/09/11

Yesterday 10:58
For all those interested, I am planning a boycott of Thursday's protest meeting. The original plan was to turn up and wait outside for 15 minutes before entering the Hen Lane Social club. But upon reflection I realised no one would notice this form of half hearted protest. So I have now decided to boycott the meeting entirely. Would anyone like to join me?

My latest reasoning for this protest against the protest is dude to the FACT the Save Our City rebel alliance are a gang purely against the SISU administration. They have admitted they neither support or reject the alleged Hoffman bid. This has led me to believe that this gang in its current state and direction are only providing answers and not solutions.

This group should be arranging meetings with Hoffman in order to establish whether the group should support them or not in order to provide a potential positive resolution to the problems (which I agree with) with SISU.

I'll see you real fans inside the ground at 3pm Vs Southampton.
The SAVE OUR CITY campaign is a joke. If you protest for 15 mins then you too are a joke!

WillieStanley

Well, I hear the Club are budgeting the matchday staff to accommodate a 6000 turnout and telling a few members of staff that they are not needed.

Could this fella be a troll. How much has he posted in the past?

Well, I hear the Club are budgeting the matchday staff to accommodate a 6000 turnout and telling a few members of staff that they are not needed.

Could this fella be a troll. How much has he posted in the past?

958 posts since the end of september. That's some pretty major trolling. that's not my point though. The point is alot of people might not support the boycott, especially without knowing of any follow up action.

Sterling Archer

Boycott or no boycott, we won't see more than 9000 there anyway. Remember the 3rd round tie against Palace last season when no one was 'protesting' against SISU.

This is all starting to make the SISU out campaign look rather silly. Boycott the whole game,? Boycott the first 15 minutes? Boycott pies and beer? Boycott programmes? What the hell is going on?

Pardon the expression but unfortunately this protest has turned into a bit of a clusterf*ck.

Covstu

He does have a point in that there is abolsutely no point in protesting for just 15 bloody minutes and paying for a ticket!!! It defeats the whole purpose surely??

ashbyjan

Porky is a regular poster on GMK and has been opposed to any form of protest from day one so I tend not to take his posts to heart too much. As far as follow up actions that are planned those under discussion include getting a mass migration (legally) to blocks 1 and 2 to be right by Directors for protests, more direct communication with London media about SISU's mismanagement, another visit to SISU HQ, depending on success of this protest then maybe something similar, encouraging people to hold of buying season tickets until SISU have gone - any other ideas welcome.

As for supporting the Hoffman bid, as we do not really know what is being proposed, who the backers are, what the plans for the team, stadium, etc are it is difficult to say we are 100% behind the bid. However if he has someone with deep pockets who is willing to put us on a sound financial footing with a long term plan of gradual self sufficiency, plans for on field investment, more fans involvement at decision making level, giving the club back to the community, returning the shares that SISU took of supporters or at least some gesture towards these people etc then we would support it but as we have no knowledge of any of these we cannot give our endorsement to the alleged / rumoured Hoff bid. It is easy to say it has to be better than we what we have but we must look upon this as an opportunity to try and ensure that we the supporters have some input in the future of our club and we are not just swapping one lot of faceless, uncaring money men for another.

I'm joining the 15 minute protest with 7 others (Which puts us near to 30 confirmed I think:jerkit:) But still going to the game and hope I don't miss any action :eek:

I don't think Hoff is the man though, I just fancy a change and love the drama.

Porky is a regular poster on GMK and has been opposed to any form of protest from day one so I tend not to take his posts to heart too much. As far as follow up actions that are planned those under discussion include getting a mass migration (legally) to blocks 1 and 2 to be right by Directors for protests, more direct communication with London media about SISU's mismanagement, another visit to SISU HQ, depending on success of this protest then maybe something similar, encouraging people to hold of buying season tickets until SISU have gone - any other ideas welcome.

As for supporting the Hoffman bid, as we do not really know what is being proposed, who the backers are, what the plans for the team, stadium, etc are it is difficult to say we are 100% behind the bid. However if he has someone with deep pockets who is willing to put us on a sound financial footing with a long term plan of gradual self sufficiency, plans for on field investment, more fans involvement at decision making level, giving the club back to the community, returning the shares that SISU took of supporters or at least some gesture towards these people etc then we would support it but as we have no knowledge of any of these we cannot give our endorsement to the alleged / rumoured Hoff bid. It is easy to say it has to be better than we what we have but we must look upon this as an opportunity to try and ensure that we the supporters have some input in the future of our club and we are not just swapping one lot of faceless, uncaring money men for another.

Great, shame none of this is on the save our city website though. You should be in touch with Hoffman to see if you can support his bid (if there is one). You should be communicating more with the public. Taking collections to get an advert in the telegraph that sort of thing.

crowsnest

All previous shareholders still have shares in the club under CCFC Holdings, just that they are non voting shares. As the major shareholder could always out vote them - there is no difference.

Perryccfc

I'm tempted to drive 3 hours just to join in protest and not actually go to the game. I don't really understand peoples confusion!! Go to save our city website and ita pretty clear what the plans our. SISU OUT!!!!

I'm tempted to drive 3 hours just to join in protest and not actually go to the game. I don't really understand peoples confusion!! Go to save our city website and ita pretty clear what the plans our. SISU OUT!!!!

Ok then the PLANS don't seem to extend past this saturday. That's where my confusion comes from!

ashbyjan

Crowsnest - are you sure? I thought the shares were simply handed over to SISU with nothing in return.
La Lucha - point taken and I will try to remedy the website as soon as I can

Users who are viewing this thread