Saturday v Grimsby (6 Viewers)

GTFCfan

I'm going to defend Clarke to a degree there. As soon as he moved out to cover the full back, the full back should have come inside to cover but there are three players just jogging back which leave a massive gap.
He's still really, really slow and slowing by the day by the look of things.
As for Slade, at the time we got him i'd thought he was the right man for the job at the time. How wrong I and many others were. I was really surprised that Grimsby took him on.
I'm sorry, but a 35 year old experienced centre back, runs out wide, struggles to stop and turn around, in which time they have scored.

The whole team is dreadful, the midfield is non exsistent, but clarke is a different level

eastwoodsdustman

I'm sorry, but a 35 year old experienced centre back, runs out wide, struggles to stop and turn around, in which time they have scored.

The whole team is dreadful, the midfield is non exsistent, but clarke is a different level

I know what you're saying. He has the turning circle of a cruise ship. Like someone else has posted though, half of them have given up already. I think its the Slade factor.

Johhny Blue

Clarke will go down as one of our worst players in a very very long time, and he's as hated just as much as Slade in this area now

Vernam and Jackson both made a decent impression, but both injured at the minute
He was a shoo in for our "assist of the season" until Ryan Haynes screwed that up last week.

SkyBlueCRJ

What's happened to Dembele? He looked like a real prospect at the start of the season. Didn't he win a young player award around October/November time?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I'm going to defend Clarke to a degree there. As soon as he moved out to cover the full back, the full back should have come inside to cover but there are three players just jogging back which leave a massive gap.
As for Slade, at the time we got him i'd thought he was the right man for the job at the time. How wrong I and many others were. I was really surprised that Grimsby took him on.

Sacked by Cardiff and sacked by Charlton in the space of 6/7 months, what on earth did you base your decision on him being the right man for the job? There was not ‘I and many others that were wrong’...most posters thought Slade was a horseshit appointment andmost of us whinced when we heard the clown in the cap had been appointed. He left us dead and buried and was an embarrassing manager. I hope for his sake he rents when we gets a new job.

GTFCfan

What's happened to Dembele? He looked like a real prospect at the start of the season. Didn't he win a young player award around October/November time?
Injuries have stopped him getting a good run in the team, having said that, against Port Vale, he was shockingly bad

GTFCfan

Sacked by Cardiff and sacked by Charlton in the space of 6/7 months, what on earth did you base your decision on him being the right man for the job? There was not ‘I and many others that were wrong’...most posters thought Slade was a horseshit appointment andmost of us whinced when we heard the clown in the cap had been appointed. He left us dead and buried and was an embarrassing manager. I hope for his sake he rents when we gets a new job.
Him and Fenty are good friends... which is why it took so long to sack him aswell

eastwoodsdustman

There were plenty on here, myself included, who thought he would get us out of the mess we were in. He made it worse, much worse. Really cannot be bothered to check through the old posts but I don't remember the outcry against him at the time. Hindsight helps though.

Sky Blue Pete

I can't see a thrashing here tbf. As much as I'd love to se one our players lack any form of killer instinct. On numerous occasions this season (Luton being the latest) we've took a commanding position only to sit back and throw it away. I predict nothing more than a bore fest!

In terms of drinking/parking, there is a Rugby club on Burbage Lane called Cov Welsh RFC, £5 to park, cheap enough beer, home and away fans normally parked in there. Only a short walk to the ground!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Great

Brighton Sky Blue

We let Crewe off the hook far too often on Saturday so if we are as wasteful in front of goal this weekend it will be tight.

phildownunder

There were plenty on here, myself included, who thought he would get us out of the mess we were in. He made it worse, much worse. Really cannot be bothered to check through the old posts but I don't remember the outcry against him at the time. Hindsight helps though.

I agree. I might be wrong but my recollection is that the majority on here thought this was a good appointment at the time and that he was just the type of manager we needed to get us out of trouble. I thought so myself.

It would be interesting to see whether this is right but, like you, can`t really be bothered to check. As you suggest, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Otis

I agree. I might be wrong but my recollection is that the majority on here thought this was a good appointment at the time and that he was just the type of manager we needed to get us out of trouble. I thought so myself.

It would be interesting to see whether this is right but, like you, can`t really be bothered to check. As you suggest, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Yep, I was quite happy with him at the time and thought it a sensible appointment.

Polar

To be fair yes that’s right - it wasn’t solely Clarke’s fault - the lack of coordinated defending is what caused Clarke to look so lost there, more than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astute

He's ruined us, and potentially killed us.
If we go down, we won't return
Don't worry. You have come back from a worse position before. Used to do home and away with Grimsby at times before you were born. One of my lads is a season ticket holder with you. Your club is too big to get stranded in non league. Just like we are too big to get stranded in Division 4........

Users who are viewing this thread