Samuel Enquiry (1 Viewer)

FRY-CCFC

Asked a reading fan about our chances with Samuel and he said this:

One of our local reporters said that you have made an approach for him, that we have currently declined. He reckons that if we sign two strikers this Summer, which seems to be Clarke's aim, then Samuel will go out on loan. If we only get one he'll probably stay.

So I would say reasonably likely, definite interest, but won't happen until later in the window if it does..

So I'd expect a deal to be done at some point.

skybluedan

Would be great to get him but certainly would not put all eggs in one basket, and ending up with nothing

Hobo

He's not coming back.

If Reading loan him out, why would they loan him to another Championship side? Can't see that happening.

And I can't see Championship sides fighting to sign someone who has yet to break into the Reading side.

rupert_bear

I get the feeling Reading manager. Steve Clarke doesn't rate Samuel that much supposedly on the hunt for a couple of strikers. I think Samuel is okay at our level and could kick on, needs the right partner though

stupot07

If Reading loan him out, why would they loan him to another Championship side? Can't see that happening.

And I can't see Championship sides fighting to sign someone who has yet to break into the Reading side.

Some of the lower end championship sides might, scored 1 in 2 in is short time here, bags of pace, looked a class above our league. From readings PoV they'll get a bigger loan fee and salary contribution from the championship side, might even be with a view to a permanent transfer, so I wouldn't write it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

FRY-CCFC

Reading fans don't even see him as their best young striker. They see Andrija Novakovich as their best young striker. If he goes anywhere it will be to us I'd imagine.

stupot07

Reading fans don't even see him as their best young striker. They see Andrija Novakovich as their best young striker. If he goes anywhere it will be to us I'd imagine.

Have they actually seen Samuels play? Doesn't matter what their fans think, it's what other managers/scouts think that matter. I will be over the moon if he does come to us, he can be a 20 goal a season striker in this league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Samo

Some of the lower end championship sides might, scored 1 in 2 in is short time here, bags of pace, looked a class above our league. From readings PoV they'll get a bigger loan fee and salary contribution from the championship side, might even be with a view to a permanent transfer, so I wouldn't write it off.

Yup. This was made clear by Steve Clarke according to the TM interview. It suggested that they may loan him out to a Championship side who they do not view as a direct competitor. (I assume this means one predicted to struggle)

FRY-CCFC

Have they actually seen Samuels play? Doesn't matter what their fans think, it's what other managers/scouts think that matter. I will be over the moon if he does come to us, he can be a 20 goal a season striker in this league.

Yes, albeit only once in a cup game. Essentially, they got battered and Samuel was terrible. But that was all the way back in 2013 so I don't think they're basing it all off that. The general consensus with the fans and the club is that Novakovich is a bigger prospect. If they thought more of Samuel, you'd think he'd have played more than one game considering how long he's been at Reading.

stupot07

Yes, albeit only once in a cup game. Essentially, they got battered and Samuel was terrible. But that was all the way back in 2013 so I don't think they're basing it all off that. The general consensus with the fans and the club is that Novakovich is a bigger prospect. If they thought more of Samuel, you'd think he'd have played more than one game considering how long he's been at Reading.

True, but to be fair he is still young, only turned 21 a few months back, and they have been fortunate to have some decent strikers ahead of him on his book. Think we also need remember we were on the verge of releasing Wilson at a similar age.

mark82

Exactly. Our fans didn't rate Wilson and look how that turned out.

Terry Gibson's perm

Yup. This was made clear by Steve Clarke according to the TM interview. It suggested that they may loan him out to a Championship side who they do not view as a direct competitor. (I assume this means one predicted to struggle)

Should be be against the rules loaning players from the same league as if he scores the winner against every team around you and then is not allowed to play against his own team it makes a farce of the league

dongonzalos

Agree he would bang in twenty
Let's just hope TM has the next two Samuels already in mind if he doesn't come

Users who are viewing this thread