Sammy Clingan (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I wonder if he still thinks the grass is greener and he is too good for league one?

hamil99

Facebook User
I wonder if he still thinks the grass is greener and he is too good for league one?

The guy was such an arse wen he was here. The word journeyman doesn't even come close. Can't even get into donnys starting eleven, and he thinks he's to good for league 1.... Maybe league 2 would suit him better...

Savonumber1

Sideways Sammy

Grass is never EVER greener, Sideways Sammy, struggled to find a club and now released, Martin 'I want to play in the championship' Crainie, now second bottom with Barnsley. And what about the main man, Keiran Westwood, ruined his career, almost 2 years warming the bench.

Stay and play boys and be loved....

D

Deleted member 4232

Grass is never EVER greener, Sideways Sammy, struggled to find a club and now released, Martin 'I want to play in the championship' Crainie, now second bottom with Barnsley. And what about the main man, Keiran Westwood, ruined his career, almost 2 years warming the bench.

loved every word of this. On mobile, otherwise 'like'.

Otis

I think Sideways Sammy may well have to change his name to 'Downwards Spiral Sammy' from now on.

At this rate he will end up at the Boro soon.

A terribly disappointing stint with the Sky Blues here. Good luck with the perpetual slide towards oblivion Mr. Clingan.

Sky_Blue_Vickie

Totally agree - all three of the above examples make me smile - especially clingan.

How many players have ruined their careers by running off to fresh green pastures only to become bench warmers?!! When will they learn!!

Savonumber1

To a lesser degree, Callum Davenport, Tottenham (Rarely played, bad move), West Ham (played a bit) got Stabbed and didnt really play again, believe he is now at some unknown non league side player/coach at 29 years old.

Stay, play and be loved.....

ccfcdan

It didn't do Bigi,gunnar,turner and Juke any harm did it. The grass is not always greener but nothing ventured nothing gained!

Savonumber1

It didn't do Bigi,gunnar,turner and Juke any harm did it. The grass is not always greener but nothing ventured nothing gained!

These boys were purchased, chased almost, Bigi (newcastle came on for him) Gunner and Turner (got lucky as Cardiff came in), Juke (well courted my the Boro)

Clingan and Crainie, defo grass greener boys, thought they were better players and bigger than our club!

Sky_Blue_Vickie

Generally the ones who do best are the ones who left for at least partly the right reason. Clingan - disgrace as a captain, contributed to relegation and thought he was to good for our club - oh dear where is he now. Bigi - commited to club - given chance to move to top premiership side by talents / efforts - good move / fair play.

Those who run off for the money or because they think are too good generally make the wrong move in their haste. Others take the opportunity they deserve and run with it.

BackRoomRummermill

I cannot believe that Westwood has only made a total of 12 appearances for Sunderland including cup games in nearly 2 years !

What a waste

Users who are viewing this thread