Sam Smith of Reading. (1 Viewer)

woody11462

The Coventry transfer rumours page on Facebook has linked us with a loan move for Sam Smith. Think it suggested would be a loan as part of the McNulty deal but obviously won't be that now. I know his brother so I'm just making some enquiries if there is anything in it. I know Oxford are after him as their no.1 target. He's very quick and a decent finisher but not had too much first team action yet.

Greggs

This would really piss me off! They can throw in a shit keeper and it Wilson to Bournemouth all over again!

torchomatic

If we replace McNulty with some kid from Reading we may as well not bother playing this season

2017/18. If we are relying on a Sheffield United reserve to score goals then we may as well give up now.

CCFC_Charlie

2017/18. If we are relying on a Sheffield United reserve to score goals then we may as well give up now.
If you think a 'reserve' from Sheffield United, who had already had a decent season in League Two, on a full contract is equivalent to kid on loan from Reading whose played 6 professional matches in his career

Nick

Administrator
If you think a 'reserve' from Sheffield United, who had already had a decent season in League Two, on a full contract is equivalent to kid on loan from Reading whose played 6 professional matches in his career
Most people don't need to think anything, just read your nonsense then decide on the opposite and can't be far from how it is.

junglej13

I don't think there is anything in this link. When the Reading local press were running articles that they were after McNulty, one of them went on to say that would likely allow this Smith to go on loan. It was never hinted he would be coming here.

CCFC_Charlie

Most people don't need to think anything, just read your nonsense then decide on the opposite and can't be far from how it is.
So you'd be happy with us replacing McNulty, a player who was ours and had two years left on his contract, with some kid on loan from Reading whose played 6 games would you? Don't chat shit

Nick

Administrator
So you'd be happy with us replacing McNulty, a player who was ours and had two years left on his contract, with some kid on loan from Reading whose played 6 games would you? Don't chat shit

Bet you £50 that he won't be his replacement. It's as likely as you ever commenting on us being promoted.

Mucca Mad Boys

When you phrase it like that, of course not. But, you’ve got to have faith in the process Robins is implementing. He and the club have said promotion is the goal, and bar a sale forced by our star player’s agent, that’s looked to be the case. We got a good deal for a player who’s only really proved his ability at L2 standard. He’d have remained a key player, and probably scored 10-15 goals in L1, maybe more, but for £1.5m, it’s a good deal and every player has a price, which Reading met.

Then again, the same people were bemoaning missing out on Collins (all year) and saying McNulty was not a ‘natural goalscorer’ until January last season.

djbooth

I was chatting to sone friends who are Reading fans. Firstly they are do not understand why the manager isn’t picking Sam Smith. They feel he is good enough. Reading at my the moment isn’t in a good place. The fans are very disappointed about the lack of goals.
They think that mark McNulty needs to hit the ground running and if he doesn’t they will turn against him. They said it’s not the best time to join them and they would prefer to see Sam smith start then mark as he is a local lad...

covfanman

I dont rate his last album but if he's good on the wing then sign him up.

Ranjit Bhurpa

You're not the only one, there are 3 Sam Smiths pubs within 15 minutes walk from where I live. Reliable.
Sounds like heaven to me and I guess 'walk' is essential.
I used to travel up to Harrogate a fair old bit and always stayed at the Harewood Arms. A belly full of Sam's finest then literally fall into bed. Full english the next morning and ready to face the world again. Happy days.

Users who are viewing this thread