Sam Ricketts (1 Viewer)

Ibby

Shrewsbury Town appoint Sam Ricketts !!!

oucho

christonabike

Every transfer window is a gamble. Some pay off some don’t. ( look at Mc Nulty as an example).
Adebola came back a different player and it’s not a case of writing players off.
Game time etc

Nick

Administrator
I'm not sure who he would want, none of our fringe players would have been here when he was.

Can't see Willis going there?

Nick

Administrator
He's given it the Robbie Keane angle.

I have always been tempted by managing this club. I would have turned down many others to stay with Wrexham. I used to tell Dave [Edwards], and he text me when I took the job and we laughed about how funny it is how things turn out.

Yep, I am pretty sure people are always tempted to manage Shrewsbury.

skybluegod

He's given it the Robbie Keane angle.

Yep, I am pretty sure people are always tempted to manage Shrewsbury.

Yeah a bit strange, although in general probably not a bad club to manage, not huge expectations, fairly patient with managers ( although not this year)... Good stepping stone if he can make them overachieve... we shall see....

Magwitch

It’s a good move for Ricketts or any other wanting to get into football league management. He’s done well with non league Wrexham. Got pedigree as a player too. I think he has every chance of doing okay.

Captain Dart

Good luck to him.

CJ_covblaze

Good luck to the bloke. Didn’t have the best time here as he was overplayed in the first season and that had a knock on effect for the season after but he tried his best and always seemed like a genuine character. From what players have said that played along side him, he’ll do well.

Grendel

He could be back in now though, with Rickett's being an old team mate.

I think having seen Haynes play regularly will hardly help him

Ricketts will know he is rubbish

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Every transfer window is a gamble. Some pay off some don’t. ( look at Mc Nulty as an example).
Adebola came back a different player and it’s not a case of writing players off.
Game time etc

With Adebola, he needed a good player alongside him who would compliment what he was good at, and I think we found that in Mifsud.

It’s a shame our front two aren’t gelling and it’s frustrating Robins seems reluctant to change it. That said, which of the front two would you drop? JCH is doing alright but has no support, and Chaplin needs better service but isn’t getting it!

Like last season when we had McNulty, Biamou and JCH, one was always going to be disappointed as towards the end of the season both partnerships worked. This season players will be disappointed that a partnership isn’t working but others aren’t getting their hands to step up.

Anyways, as for Ricketts, good luck to him. Guessing he was always a good people person in his playing days, considering he was captain for most of the teams he played in. Just seemed a little bit too quiet on the pitch for me and as CJ says, overplayed

covcity4life

always liked him. spoke really well in a game now full of "you know wot bruv? he put mad cross in and i just like had a shot and it went top bins innit"

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread