Sam Ricketts (1 Viewer)

For better or worse, I think there's every reason to think Sam Ricketts is being lined up as the successor to Slade. That being the case I would like to think our owners would get rid of Slade now and give Ricketts the job until the end of the season. If he shows no signs of being up to the job at least we can then start looking for somebody fresh come the Summer! No point giving him the job in league 2 if he shows no aptitude for it.

steve82

For better or worse, I think there's every reason to think Sam Ricketts is being lined up as the successor to Slade. That being the case I would like to think our owners would get rid of Slade now and give Ricketts the job until the end of the season. If he shows no signs of being up to the job at least we can then start looking for somebody fresh come the Summer! No point giving him the job in league 2 if he shows no aptitude for it.

I agree. If that change is happening do now.

ajsccfc

If we install a new manager now it has to be for next season rather than what remains of this shitshow. Nobody's turning this around now so it'd be a waste of time to judge anyone on it.

If it's Ricketts or whoever, give them the freedom of not being judged on what they do until their job starts properly in August.

covcity4life

If we install a new manager now it has to be for next season rather than what remains of this shitshow. Nobody's turning this around now so it'd be a waste of time to judge anyone on it.

If it's Ricketts or whoever, give them the freedom of not being judged on what they do until their job starts properly in August.

we cant give up! win 5 in a row and who knows

get rid of slade asap

To be clear this isn't a rumour but I think it's a move that SISU would likely make. He's already involved in the youth set up which is primarily going to be what any manager next season has to work with realistically. He would be the affordable option and would be be presented as the club 'building for the future'. Whoever is in charge next season has to hit the ground running if we want to ensure that our league 2 tour doesn't become a tour of non-league grounds. If we are going to go with an inexperienced (cheap) option next year it would make sense to get them in now and see how they get on. If we drop too many points in the first 10 games next year because we've employed somebody who's not up to the job then it could be a very slippy slope.

Otis

To be clear this isn't a rumour but I think it's a move that SISU would likely make. He's already involved in the youth set up which is primarily going to be what any manager next season has to work with realistically. He would be the affordable option and would be be presented as the club 'building for the future'. Whoever is in charge next season has to hit the ground running if we want to ensure that our league 2 tour doesn't become a tour of non-league grounds. If we are going to go with an inexperienced (cheap) option next year it would make sense to get them in now and see how they get on. If we drop too many points in the first 10 games next year because we've employed somebody who's not up to the job then it could be a very slippy slope.
Yep. Agree with all that.

clint van damme

If tit meant getting rid of slade I would happily let a loaf of bread take charge of the first team.

trevelfarandwide

we cant give up! win 5 in a row and who knows

get rid of slade asap

I admire your optimism, however it's unlikely. Unless Slade goes before the next game and we have a Richter-scale seismic bounce that doesn't stop for 10 games or so.

I agree, hope is never lost, we're still not relegated however if something dramatic doesn't happen before the weekend, there is no source for the serious amount of belief/togetherness that is required.

If Slade goes, maybe. With him, we go down, without him (and with the aforementioned factors apparent) there is a sliver of hope.

Otis

I wonder if this experienced player is still coming in at the end of this week.

shmmeee

The answer isn't going to come from within the club. Need a new broom. And a new sweeper. And a new building to sweep.

rupert_bear

Despite the unfair flack he took from the experts on here. Having a donkey like Clarke really demonstrates what a decent player Ricketts was.
In fairness to Ricketts initially he wasn't that bad but his legs were obviously going plus he got pissed about a bit playing both full back positions as well as centre half.

As for Slade if he is still manager the next home match I think he'll get merciless stick.

Otis

I thought Ricketts was excellent at first. Cool, calm, collected and good at organising the defence.

By the end though his legs had indeed clearly gone and he was getting skinned and started to make lots of mistakes.

Gint11

Why Sam Ricketts??? He's never managed. We don't need rookies. We need experience and know how.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

You may have missed it, Gint, but it has been mentioned several times on here. People are only saying Ricketts because that is who they think it will be, not because it is who they want it to be.

AlansEyes

We're stuck on the managerial merry-go-round. We've tried rookie ex players, managers with top flight experience, managers that have been success in the lower leagues. Unfortunately, we're now such an unattractive prospect that we'll just have to keep taking punts until someone finally succeeds.

Gint11

We're stuck on the managerial merry-go-round. We've tried rookie ex players, managers with top flight experience, managers that have been success in the lower leagues. Unfortunately, we're now such an unattractive prospect that we'll just have to keep taking punts until someone finally succeeds.

We are not unattractive though are we? We should be with the mess the clubs in but there were between 50-100 applications previously.

BigadamL

We are not unattractive though are we? We should be with the mess the clubs in but there were between 50-100 applications previously.

and we still end up with the prat in the hat

ceetee

You may have missed it, Gint, but it has been mentioned several times on here. People are only saying Ricketts because that is who they think it will be, not because it is who they want it to be.
..... and wasn't Slade the manager with lower league experience and knowhow that lots of people wanted

AlansEyes

Well, we're certainly less attractive now then we were when the job last became available. I'd also imagine that a good chunk of those 50-100 applicants would be in the 'taking a punt' category.

Users who are viewing this thread