Sam ricketts to sign.. (2 Viewers)

skybluelee

Can't have helped our chances with Mowbray talking to the press about it. Pressley would have been murdered for that.

Sky Blue Pete

He did say he identifies and others arrange the deal. No problem with speaking about who he is looking at. My issue with our club is when we name players and time and time again they don't sign

LB87ccfc

Money talks here, his agent has most likely touted him around before striking a deal with us and Swindon, fighting for promotion have seen he would bring invaluable experience in their quest for promotion, so have decided to fund the deal, most likely offering a nice little bonus if they are successful in their target.

skyblueinBaku

For quite some time we have failed in the attempted signing of a player after making our interest public knowledge. Why can't we keep everything quiet until a deal is done?

LB87ccfc

Ricketts is a swindon lad and its his hometown club, fighting for promotion, its a no brainer once they entered the race, most likely nothing to do with our interest being made public, I imagine the agent would of just struck a better deal,and its a chance for the lad to go and help the club where he is from.

skybluelee

Ricketts is a swindon lad and its his hometown club, fighting for promotion, its a no brainer once they entered the race, most likely nothing to do with our interest being made public, I imagine the agent would of just struck a better deal,and its a chance for the lad to go and help the club where he is from.

In this instance you are probably right. The point being though that as a general rule we shouldn't be touting names about before they've signed because we haven't got the clout to fight off any competition that enter the race after we've alerted them.

rupert_bear

In these days of agents, mobile phones, facebook, twitter and god knows what else the days keeping transfer targets secret are long gone.

lewys33

If going public on a player we are chasing means the deal gets called off then so be it. If they don't want to play for Coventry City under Tony Mowbray then sod off. Fair enough with Ricketts if Swindon is his home town club.

standupforcity

No great loss in my opinion. It strikes me TM has a lot of irons in the fire and a lot of influence, so as he says, we move on.

Users who are viewing this thread