Sam Ogrizovic! (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

Whilst reading the (rather good) new Cricket Paper just now, I came across an unlikely reference to The Sky Blues, so I thought I'd share it. His response to relegation is similar to mine, but I just watch cricket as I'm no good at playing it any more.

Sam, if you are a member SBT, let us know some gossip!

So what do you do when the football team you have supported since your uncle "Oggy" kept goal for them gets relegated?

Tune your hand to Notts Premier Cricket, of course.

A lifelong Coventry City supporter, Sam Ogizovic, nephew of the Sky Blues legend Steve, has put the disappointment of relegation behind him to skipper and keep wicket for Kimberley Institute this season.

A former Nottinghamshire 2nd XI player, Ogrizovic considers himself a keeper first and a batsman second. The 27-year-old, who plays in the same side as Akhil Patel (brother of Notts & England's Samit Patel), insists he has no regrets over choosing the cricket-keeping.

"My uncle was my hero growing up and I used to go and watch as many games as I could at Highfield Road. It was brilliant to watch him every week on Match of the Day and I was lucky enough to meet some great footballers as well thanks to him.

"But after Coventry were relegated this year, I'm not concentrating too much on the football."

"He was a very good cricketer when I was younger and played a bit of Minor Counties cricket so I always grew up playing football and cricket."

I manage the database of the 2nd-biggest Cricket PC game in the world, so I'll be adding him to it. I've already got Gary Montgomery in there :p

Nonleagueherewecome

Which Cricket PC game's database do you manage? International Cricket Captain?

No, they're our rivals. Cricket Coach 2011, soon to be Cricket Coach 2012. Ours is much better, but with less budget, so less sheen. Pretty much as independent as it gets.

Users who are viewing this thread