Sam mccallum (4 Viewers)

TomRad85

Mccallum is much better defensively, including defending corners. We need two players for the wing back positions as they're so important to the way we play. Horses for courses on who plays I suspect
I completely agree, it just seems weird to have 2 loans in the same position. You would assume the parent clubs want some assurances regarding game time.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Gobsmacked. Says as much about Norwich as it does about sam.

Not sure they got what they wanted. He’s much better in the air than Giles but Giles is faster and has improved passing and crossing. As others have said it’s about having a squad. Feel sorry for mason

cc84cov

Mason was good last season until we changed the system from a flat 4 into the wing back system we currently use

It is what it is

Nick

Administrator
Agree in both games so far we have been most exposed down the left. Also I think this one signing will allow Mark Robins to replace 2 players. Mason and maybe covet for the injuries to Jobello/Jones as Giles gives us an option at left wing.

We still need Walsh or similar and an attacking midfielder to put pressure on or better Allen.

Jobello played on the right, as did Jones apart from years ago when he first signed.

SkyBlueScottie

It is an odd move, we've used loans on the same position, but more odd that Norwich have allowed him back here. Usually clubs would look at sending him elsewhere, but hey ho. We know he's decent. Plus it's a long old season.

ccfc1234

Jobello played on the right, as did Jones apart from years ago when he first signed.
Agree 100% I was not meaning direct replacements. Especially for Jobello who was very much a right sided player. Jones much less so.

cc84cov

Norwich have sent a player back to a club he’s familiar with to get game time which he provost won’t get just yet at their club in a league their currently at doesn’t make sense sending him back to league 1 he’s above that.

makes sense for Norwich & us

Ccfcisparks

Norwich have sent a player back to a club he’s familiar with to get game time which he provost won’t get just yet at their club in a league their currently at doesn’t make sense sending him back to league 1 he’s above that.

Doesn’t make sense for us if we have to guarantee him game time.

SBbucks

Sorry to see Mason go (if that actually happens), thought he was one of our best players ten games or so into last season.
Agreed, he did play well early last season when we were playing 4 at the back. The minute we switched to wing-backs (half-time at home to Fleetwood?) his days were numbered, he cannot play that role anywhere near the level required. No criticism of him, it’s just the way it is. Robins now has two good players perfectly suited to the way he wants to play.

Frostie

Except there's no guarantee he'll get the game time with the start Giles has made, hence the surprise from most people.

Grendel

Norwich only have one left back - their fans don’t think it makes any sense

Grendel

We won’t have made any guarantees ronins isn’t that way players earn the shirt they keep the shirt we know how mark ronins works by now

It’s not how loans work though

stay_up_skyblues

I am so confused by this theory, so you want to play a lwb as a cam instead of a player who excels in the cam role.... Allen doesn't do the spectacular but we would be a much poorer team without him in it, it's no coincidence that our great form last season coincided with his return to the team

Tongue firmly in cheek

Marty

Having Giles as an option at AM doesn't seem all that stupid to me, he looks very comfortable driving at players and hes rapid so is the obvious outlet if our backs are against the wall, didn't Shrewsbury move him there once they realised he can't defend?

Giles has the lwb spot and it's down to sam to get if off him.

Users who are viewing this thread