Salary Caps (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Looks like we got out of that league just in time. Similarly to when we joined in on the creation of the Premier League in 92 by the looks of it. I can see the top 2 leagues breaking away at some point and I hope we are in one of them when it happens. Don’t agree with it but I’m a Cov fan and happily a hypocrite so will take it.
There have been talks of the championship breaking away to form PL2 for a while, with the lower leagues doing this I can see them being very interested in going for it. It's massively unfair but I'm glad we're currently on the right side of it.

hill83

Feel sorry for them but

giphy.gif

wingy

Well it's all very rigid

Adjust the FFP rules with meaningful sanctions by all means and it has to be across all league's .

Evo1883

This will be great for lower league academies though... I'd imagine the importance of young academy players will suddenly sky rocket

SkyBlueMatt

I reckon over 2.5 but not above 4
£3.5M-£4M?

It's a good job we got out while we did! We didn't have the biggest budget but Robins built a solid team, which stands a half decent chance of staying up but its going to be a struggle. Taking 1 to 1.5 million off the wage budget would make it a damn sight harder.

I'm just waiting for League One and Two clubs to start making agreements with Premiership clubs. Where the parent clubs send their young players back and fourth and pay the wages. Now we have 'Premiership Club B'...

Marty

This is stupid, why should the likes of SAFC, Ipswich, Hull & Portsmouth be given the same budget as Accrington when they get about 10 times the income.

If they introduce it into the Championship, It's going to be an absolute bloodbath.

hill83

This is stupid, why should the likes of SAFC, Ipswich, Hull & Portsmouth be given the same budget as Accrington when they get about 10 times the income.

If they introduce it into the Championship, It's going to be an absolute bloodbath.

A bloodbath we can have a few glasses of champers in and moonwalk our way to the Champions League.

wingy

But even so are any of them running within budget.
Even though we would now have been above it isn't our model successful /more sustainable?

Esoterica

Glad I bought my Sky Blue Snorkel from the clubshop when I did.

giphy.gif

Liquid Gold

OK so Sunlun blaming the EFL, when will fans (ours included) get it in their thick fucking skulls that the EFL us run by its members.

Evo1883

I guess Sunderland fans should be happy, they can get season tickets for about 50 quid each unless the owners want to pay the shareholders more money lol, I mean Where's all that revenue gunna go now

wingy

I assume this model should help us shore up ) even out to a degree our championship campaigns.(plaural deliberate)

Evo1883

I assume this model should help us shore up ) even out to a degree our championship campaigns.(plaural deliberate)

It's great for clubs like us... Let's be honest. Derby and Co will be shitting bricks

fernandopartridge

Prime example of that is Formula E compared to F1. Formula E is level playing with forced rules to make it competitive and is fucking boring as fuck. Where as F1 is massively unfair but is great.*

*I’m sure people will disagree

It's awful, probably the worst sport you could cite

Marty

Even though we would now have been above it isn't our model successful /more sustainable?

I thought this was what FFP was all about? you can only spend a % of income on player wages. Have it policed properly and come down harsh on anyone that flouts it. This blanket cap is just a waste of time imo.

Our model is successful and very sustainable, which is why they should stick with FFP.

hill83

It is. But looking deeper our model also relies on selling players for some sort of profit. That would be gone and you couldn’t use that as part of the model.

edit: basing that on clubs less likely to sign players rather than bring them through as a signings equals more wages. Rather than signing players as being part of the capped budget.

Evo1883

It could in theory effect transfer fees received by clubs aswell for players as I'm guessing there will be less competition for signatures in terms of available players ...

hill83

It's awful, probably the worst sport you could cite

Works though when you compare the 2 and what formula e have done in comparison to this latest idea. Whether you like them or not.

Think how much you hate F1 and how Formula E following strict budget caps and all being equal is actually EVEN WORSE.

hill83

It could in theory effect transfer fees received by clubs aswell for players as I'm guessing there will be less competition for signatures in terms of available players ...

What I meant based on our ‘successful’ model.

Users who are viewing this thread