Salary Caps (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

£2.5m in league one. I bet Sunderland, Ipswich, Hull etc. Are shitting it.

wonder if the Champ is going to do similar?

Evo1883

£2.5m in league one. I bet Sunderland, Ipswich, Hull etc. Are shitting it.

wonder if the Champ is going to do similar?

I suppose the one positive is, within a couple of years that division will be extremely competitive... Players playing for teams they actually want to play for etc... League will get harder for sure

ccfcway

ave champ wage is £324k a year. Squad of 20 is £6.5m.

Any team getting relegated from championship will likely have to get rid of nearly all their squad to get near that £2.5m

hill83

Needs to go through every league ideally. Can’t see it ever happening though. I don’t even necessarily agree with it either. If you’ve got the money as a club however it’s made you should be able to spend it as you see fit. What’s next? Drafts like in American football?

But then I can also see the reason for it.

Esoterica

One of those ideas that sounds good but becomes increasingly complex the deeper you dig.

And then, when it's all done and dusted it'll breakdown anyway at 'Clubs will be fined or face further sanctions if they exceed the spending limits.'
The only thing that would make clubs toe the line are points deductions. Fines haven't made teams apply FFP and it hasn't fixed racism, no idea why they think fines will work for this.

SkyBlueMatt

Short sighted decision, it's only going to increase the gap between the Championship and League One. There is sense to it somewhere but only if it's implemented top down.

Does anyone have an educated guess on what our wage budget was last year?

ccfcway

Needs to go through every league ideally. Can’t see it ever happening though. I don’t even necessarily agree with it either. If you’ve got the money as a club however it’s made you should be able to spend it as you see fit. What’s next? Drafts like in American football?

Well, already looks like we are going to quarters as opposed to halves. The drinks breaks ended up being tactics breaks.

Evo1883

I agree it need to go to the top, otherwise the gap between bottom and top will go from massive to monumental

tisza

Any team getting relegated from championship will likely have to get rid of nearly all their squad to get near that £2.5m
where do you get that from? Think it's nearly double that.

Evo1883

Short sighted decision, it's only going to increase the gap between the Championship and League One. There is sense to it somewhere but only if it's implemented top down.

I reckon over 2.5 but not above 4

Liquid Gold

It definitely feels like we escaped at the right time. If we can establish ours3elves in the Champ then we might never have to worry about it again as the promoted sides will most likely be relegated straight back.

hill83

Looks like we got out of that league just in time. Similarly to when we joined in on the creation of the Premier League in 92 by the looks of it. I can see the top 2 leagues breaking away at some point and I hope we are in one of them when it happens. Don’t agree with it but I’m a Cov fan and happily a hypocrite so will take it.

Evo1883

20,000 a week is just over 1,000,000 a year, championship average won't be far off that surely

wingy

£3.5M-£4M?

Esoterica

I bet the gap between Champ and L1 will mean that achieving the target for relegated teams will end up being staggered over a number of seasons. It will have a parachute payment like effect and will mean relegated clubs have a huge advantage over the competition.

ccfcway

2.5m in league one and 1.5m in league two.

Even if championship was £12.5m, that’s only 4 ave prem players salaries !!!

tisza

would have liked to seen all "home-grown" players excluded from the cap - not just under 21s.

Evo1883

would have liked to seen all "home-grown" players excluded from the cap - not just under 21s.

Would have made far more sense to extend the exclusion to u23s, gives players time to atleast start maturing

DD_Daphne

I think the average championship wage bill is more like £36 million a year

hill83

Football isn’t supposed to be a level playing field - we should be able to spend more than Accrington because we generate funds from selling players and larger crowds

Prime example of that is Formula E compared to F1. Formula E is level playing with forced rules to make it competitive and is fucking boring as fuck. Where as F1 is massively unfair but is great.*

*I’m sure people will disagree

Samo

I suspect the attitude of clubs will be that if that squad has gotten them relegated then those players wages are reduced accordingly. It will probably need to be written into contracts,

Evo1883

A good portion of footballers throughout the pyramid will be taking pay cuts over the next few years... A positive though could be reduced ticket prices? And far more stability throughout lower leagues

skybluesam66

so lets take Wayne Rooney at Derby on 50k a week
if they had got relegated and he didnt want to leave, would he have been playing by himself ?

Users who are viewing this thread