Sakamoto Injury (2 Viewers)

wingy

It's good that it has its own term for pundits et al to use the term and normalise the tactic me thinks?

Calista

Apologies if I'm wrong, but this sounds like mumbo jumbo to me. Even if it's not, surely any release of medical details should be approved by the player himself and/or the club.

chinamans view

Thats how it was explained to me from someone that knows Tats really well, perhaps that was so i could understand about the 3 bones broke. ,I guess, but story is true

robbiethemole

Yeah there is no A, B, C spinal bones. It's C, T, L, S. View attachment 34382
post#392 Sounds like he’s fractured the processes ( the knobbly bits you can feel ) and like any fractures will need 8-10 weeks to heal. That assumes no nerve damage involved.

Now you can see why I posted this a few days ago, the processes are the easiest bit to snap, doesn't mean you have any damage to the spinal cord which would mean paralysis. Probably by the way he fell, L2,3,4 are the most likely and will take the usual time a fracture does to heal, 8-10 weeks.

Calista

post#392 Sounds like he’s fractured the processes ( the knobbly bits you can feel ) and like any fractures will need 8-10 weeks to heal. That assumes no nerve damage involved.

Now you can see why I posted this a few days ago, the processes are the easiest bit to snap, doesn't mean you have any damage to the spinal cord which would mean paralysis. Probably by the way he fell, L2,3,4 are the most likely and will take the usual time a fracture does to heal, 8-10 weeks.
Why does the above 'abc' gobbledygook make your speculation any more likely to be true, or justify posting your guesses?

chinamans view

you are right told me nobbly bits of bones

usskyblue

Surgery.. fuckineasy m8

surgeon-doctor.gif

David O'Day

You keep saying that and I'm sure it's true, but it's irrelevant because you don't have any of the medical details of this case, and even if you did you wouldn't stick them on an Internet forum.
He's using his lifetime of work experience to make a guess based on the know facts and the incident itself.

You can watch the incident and you can see where the impact was.

He is not saying it is exactly true, he is just offering as a medical professional what he thinks has happened.

As it's an internet forum what else do you want him to do? speculation, gossip and chat is what this place is here for.

If you aren't happy with people speculating on the injury then don't click on this thread.

It is weird though to go after a guy who isn't exactly staying he knows what has happened.

Calista

As it's an internet forum what else do you want him to do? speculation, gossip and chat is what this place is here for.

If you aren't happy with people speculating on the injury then don't click on this thread.
I clicked on the thread hoping maybe to find a factual update.

Speculation about MR's next team selection is one thing. Offering an expert opinion about which vertebrae a player has fractured, based on road accidents, seems a bit much! The player hasn't shared any details about it, presumably because he doesn't want to at this stage. How helpful or fair was the speculation about a 'shattered pelvis', presented as some kind of inside knowledge?

Frostie

Saw this happened yesterday.
Game was stopped for 11 minutes as he was treated & then he was stretchered off & given oxygen. Spent the night in hospital but thankfully released with the all clear.

Again, no action taken by the referee, not even a free-kick. Regardless of intent there really needs to be a clampdown on this. It's not enough to just not attempt to injure someone, you really have a duty protect them in such a circumstance.

ProfessorbyGrace

Saw this happened yesterday.
Game was stopped for 11 minutes as he was treated & then he was stretchered off & given oxygen. Spent the night in hospital but thankfully released with the all clear.

Again, no action taken by the referee, not even a free-kick. Regardless of intent there really needs to be a clampdown on this. It's not enough to just not attempt to injure someone, you really have a duty protect them in such a circumstance.

Oh wow, that was a hideous landing.

Thankfully he wasn’t seriously hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread