Sakamoto Injury (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

Bare facts are, we shouldn’t have been so poor as to be trying to knock long balls up to a minuscule player who has the heart and bravery to try and win them but get himself into harms way by doing so. The available personnel last night were obviously not capable of the usual passing and move football we normally employ.
It was a poor team selection from the start and Robins will know that.

ProfessorbyGrace

It's not conjecture. Robins said it was a pelvic/spinal injury.
I haven’t see the video of his injury, but if it is a pelvic injury, he must have landed so awkwardly - with his weight on top of the impact, the momentum + height of the fall, must have been ‘just so’ to cause a pelvic/spinal injury. 😖

I will say, basically echoing sentiments of others on here, that he just recovers well from this. An injury like this could, potentially, hamper everyday living, let alone a career in sport.

Also, I’m absolutely fuming at the state of refereeing in this country; our lads have been kicked, done over, elbowed, scythed down, head butted and now shithoused into a serious injury. What is it going to take for clubs to band together and form an official protest against the dire, biased, incompetent jobbers who represent the EFL at this level?
Probably a star player from Leicester getting crippled by an unpunished two footer, perhaps.

Genuinely sickened for Tatsu this morning. Would be great if we could arrange a ‘get well soon’ gift for him, or something.

SkyBlueSam01

If it is a broken pelvis, and it's severe, the mortality rate looks frighteningly high - some articles say around 1 in 3, depending on severity.

For a young lad who gives so much joy to suffer an injury like that is almost beyond belief. The footballing side doesn't matter right now, I just hope and pray he's okay.

As long as it is dealt with appropriately at the scene he will be safe. Pelvic injuries kill due to the internal bleeding but a pelvic binder like the one in the link below can stop that. Anyone see if it was used as that would tell us if its pelvis rather than spine?

I agree with some suggestions about us organising something for him as a fanbase - must be terrifying knowing your career/health/life have been threatened like this and be lying in a hospital bed in a new country...

He needs to know how much we appreciate what he has brought to our club as a player and person!

False9

The inevtibal
I haven’t see the video of his injury, but if it is a pelvic injury, he must have landed so awkwardly - with his weight on top of the impact, the momentum + height of the fall, must have been ‘just so’ to cause a pelvic/spinal injury. 😖

I will say, basically echoing sentiments of others on here, that he just recovers well from this. An injury like this could, potentially, hamper everyday living, let alone a career in sport.

Also, I’m absolutely fuming at the state of refereeing in this country; our lads have been kicked, done over, elbowed, scythed down, head butted and now shithoused into a serious injury. What is it going to take for clubs to band together and form an official protest against the dire, biased, incompetent jobbers who represent the EFL at this level?
Probably a star player from Leicester getting crippled by an unpunished two footer, perhaps.

Genuinely sickened for Tatsu this morning. Would be great if we could arrange a ‘get well soon’ gift for him, or something.
It is horrible. He got rough treatment every game and just picked himself up and got on with it.

There has to be more protection for these flair players, I'd rather watch saka play than any of the Preston lumps.

djr8369

He’s was clearly in a bad way and holding his lower spine. I can’t imagine he will be back before the end of the season and I think it’s likely it will be the kind of injury that will have implications for the rest of his career.

Grendel

Robins is starting to develop a Roy Keane style of humour

He said it was the only header we won in the first half

Brighton Sky Blue

He’s was clearly in a bad way and holding his lower spine. I can’t imagine he will be back before the end of the season and I think it’s likely it will be the kind of injury that will have implications for the rest of his career.
No implications for the prick who caused it of course

Tommo1993

Doesn't help that our players are so passive. Nobody really goes steaming in to protect him / O'Hare when they get kicked to bits.

Yep. I’m convinced they’re coached not to wade in as surely we can’t have a team full of pussies.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep. I’m convinced they’re coached not to wade in as surely we can’t have a team full of pussies.
Should be getting coached to hack specific opposition players to bits. When two have been put in hospital we can call it even.

Sky Blue Harry H

Wankers like that O'Nien at Sunderland are going out and hurting opponents every week. He's one player I'd love to see have his career ended.
Horrible on the pitch, but a really nice lad off the pitch. Dig a bit deeper and he's done some heart warming stuff off the pitch. Can't stand him when he's playing, though.

Marty

Horrible on the pitch, but a really nice lad off the pitch. Dig a bit deeper and he's done some heart warming stuff off the pitch. Can't stand him when he's playing, though.

He almost snapped Gyokeres ankle first game of the season last year, sexual assault on that Norwich player, plus many other incidents. But that's alright, he takes a few photos with the fans after.

pusbccfc

pusbccfc

He almost snapped Gyokeres ankle first game of the season last year, sexual assault on that Norwich player, plus many other incidents. But that's alright, he takes a few photos with the fans after.

However, despite all that, if what happened to Sakamoto, Allen and O'Hare in recent months happened during his match, he'd be at the referee for 90 minutes.

We have always been soft under Robins. That's absolutely fine when things are going well but in games like last night, Wednesday away and West Brom at home, you need characters to stand up to the opposition and officials.

ccfc1234

I dont like VAR but what's happened to Allen and others, totally missed by terrible referees, would VAR be way to stop thuggery in matches being got away with, as it would be seen and dealt with?

Brighton Sky Blue

Spine mate not pelvis apparently

However it COULD, using that word heavily before anyone catastrophises, mean we may not see him for a very very long time, or maybe not at all
I mean if he’s literally broken part of his back then football is the least of his concerns. Hope the PNE player is satisfied

ccfctommy

Hope it's not but if it turns out to be a life changing injury maybe the fans could organise a go fund me page for tats he ran his socks off for this club

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
A what? He's on twenty grand a week.

Johnnythespider

It was a horrible challenge and one that needs to be looked at by the FA in general. I sure its a red card in rugby purely because of the type of injury it can lead too.
I Didn’t expect the spineless twat in charge yesterday to do anything as he was fucking dreadful.
He really was poor, some baffling decisions

djr8369

Spine mate not pelvis apparently

However it COULD, using that word heavily before anyone catastrophises, mean we may not see him for a very very long time, or maybe not at all
I was say that side of the pitch and that was my concern immediately. You could see straight away it was very very serious.

As I said elsewhere, I just don’t understand why that type of foul is constantly allowed to happen in football.

Pusb1

Do clubs at our level insure players? (i know it’s not something we should be focussed on atm)

But could we end up paying out a fortune for his 3 year contract and not see him again?

larry_david

I was say that side of the pitch and that was my concern immediately. You could see straight away it was very very serious.

As I said elsewhere, I just don’t understand why that type of foul is constantly allowed to happen in football.
Yeah ill be honest seeing his face at the time my first thought was, oh god he's in trouble here

pusbccfc

I dont like VAR but what's happened to Allen and others, totally missed by terrible referees, would VAR be way to stop thuggery in matches being got away with, as it would be seen and dealt with?

We've had a couple go our way this season but when you look at the Fadz pen at Preston, the West Brom game, the 3 horror challenges on Allen and O'Hare etc, you start to want it.

Nick

Administrator

VAR still misses things though.

San Francisco

Let’s say (God forbid) this injury ends his career, would there be any legal basis for CCFC to sue the hell out of PNE for the foul and/or the EFL for poor officiating leading to a lack of protection?

Users who are viewing this thread