There is a lad named tatsu
from the land of the rising sun
Shoot or pass..he'll leave you on your ass
then do it again for fun..

Sbarcher

Easy. Just lift the Super Matt chant to Super Sak

EalingSB

Here are the words:

When you score, you make the City sing, Saka on the wing, Sakamoto on the wing.

Every time you're on the ball we know, there's gonna be a goal, our superstar from Tokyo.

Other options mentioned:
I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese
I really think so

Sakamoto

Two Unlimited No Limits would be easy and could be done in the style of the Yaya/Kolo Touré song:
(Hands in the air) Saka, Saka, Saka, Saka, Saka, Saka, Sakamoto

(Hands to the ground) Saka, Saka, Saka, Saka, Saka, Saka, Sakamoto

And this one from his former club, which works and is easy:
Saka-Sakamoto oh oh oh (repeat)

skyblu3sk

Here are the words:

When you score, you make the City sing, Saka on the wing, Sakamoto on the wing.

Every time you're on the ball we know, there's gonna be a goal, our superstar from Tokyo.

Other options mentioned:
I really think so

Sakamoto

Two Unlimited No Limits would be easy and could be done in the style of the Yaya/Kolo Touré song:
(Hands in the air) Saka, Saka, Saka, Saka, Saka, Saka, Sakamoto

(Hands to the ground) Saka, Saka, Saka, Saka, Saka, Saka, Sakamoto

And this one from his former club, which works and is easy:
Saka-Sakamoto oh oh oh (repeat)
Its even worse now I know the words. Nowhere near punchy enough and doesn't follow a simple enough rhyming structure and no repetition.

larry_david

They showed an extended bit of it on the unseen video of the Sheff Wed game and no ones got a clue what the hell is going on!

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

shmmeee

I think people don’t realise the time lag in the ground either. What works in an away end simply doesn’t in a full ground because you get out of sync.

theferret

Knew it. Come sit over the other side for a game and see if your opinion changes (don’t actually do this I wouldn’t trade B16 for anywhere)

Get your point completely. I don't love it, just when it's sung by a large number of people on repeat, it's not too bad.

BlueSkiesForever

Its not about getting on board. The chant is fundamentally broken on a technical level and will never work.
Exactly, it just doesn’t work in a football stadium setting, it’s not punchy enough. You can probably belt out the “WE’VE GOT O’HARE, CALLUM O’HARE!!” chant and the “HAJI WRIGHT WRIGHT WRIGHT!!!” chant but there’s no way a whole stadium can get behind the “Tatsu on the wing” chant, there’s something wrong with the pitch/tone/melody or whatever, it’s just not belt-out-able.

BlueSkiesForever

Bunch of grown arse men arguing about a singy song for a fucking footballer. Grow up you virgins.
I just think the bloke deserves a better chant tbh, best player on the pitch atm and only 20-30% of the fans can be arsed to sing his song because it’s a shit one.

skybluecam

Exactly, it just doesn’t work in a football stadium setting, it’s not punchy enough. You can probably belt out the “WE’VE GOT O’HARE, CALLUM O’HARE!!” chant and the “HAJI WRIGHT WRIGHT WRIGHT!!!” chant but there’s no way a whole stadium can get behind the “Tatsu on the wing” chant, there’s something wrong with the pitch/tone/melody or whatever, it’s just not belt-out-able.
Where do you sit?

David O'Day

I think because the current chant is fairly quick (and long) the time it takes for sound to travel means that as you get further from singers corner it gets all jumbled up.

I’ve heard what sound like decent renditions of it. And when we’re away it’s sung well.
yeah it sounds good in 15

it's maybe hampered as are other songs this year by what seems to be a less than normal take up of singing by blocks 17 and outwards from the corner

JimmyHillsbeard

Well either way, whether our chants are borrowed or original….

They’re all borrowed apart from LAST and arguably “We’ll Live and Die…”

the crazy thing is we have opportunities for original chants they just don’t catch on;

Hyam the one and only - was never used
Sheaf's the one - never caught on we apparently prefer a “he’s here” retread…
Whoa we’re Halfway there, Joel Latibeaudiere - never sung despite working well and the player not having an alternative.
Going loco - doesn’t work but the Celtic adaption has caught on despite the fact that Sakamoto is from Osaka not Tokyo (iirc).
American Boy - pretty certain someone here came up w a version of this for Haji Wright. Obvs we just adapted a 30 year old Arsenal chant about Ian Wright as it worked better.

David O'Day

They’re all borrowed apart from LAST and arguably “We’ll Live and Die…”

the crazy thing is we have opportunities for original chants they just don’t catch on;

Hyam the one and only - was never used
Sheaf's the one - never caught on we apparently prefer a “he’s here” retread…
Whoa we’re Halfway there, Joel Latibeaudiere - never sung despite working well and the player not having an alternative.
Going loco - doesn’t work but the Celtic adaption has caught on despite the fact that Sakamoto is from Osaka not Tokyo (iirc).
American Boy - pretty certain someone here came up w a version of this for Haji Wright. Obvs we just adapted a 30 year old Arsenal chant about Ian Wright as it worked better.
That's the thing about the Going Loco song is it's not sung because nobody actually came up with a version that was actually good

Users who are viewing this thread