Sainsbury's Christmas Adverts (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

I think actually black people are over represented and Asians massively under represented. But yeah, this is just about people being uncomfortable seeing black people.

It’s not even like they’re doing a “black Christmas” (whatever that might be), if you changed the skin colour it would be indistinguishable from any Christmas ad ever.
711549D7-3633-4875-95FA-9664A629BA58.gif

ajsccfc

The trick is to follow Asda's lead for adverts, hire someone gormless enough and people will go for that and not even notice he's Asian. POCKET TAP POCKET TAP

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Where are they going to shop now. Tesco is already off the list. Is Asda safe for racists?

Probably. It's being boycotted by the woke brigade because the tapping the change in your back pocket encourages sexual harassment.

Maybe Morrisson's could up their market share with a 'traditional' Xmas of everyone pissed by 8am while the ladies are preparing the dinner, nana being a bit racist and all ending in a massive argument, with "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" playing in the background.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
What is "woke"? What is "antifa"? I genuinely have no idea.

publican1990

I think it is a lovely thing that many Muslims have embraced Christmas in whichever form that is.

It doesn't surprise me that muslims celebrate christmas, given the fact that Jesus is an important prophet in Islam (known as Isa), celebrating his birth seems fairly straightforward. I'm agnostic but our Hindu neighbours in recent years have always brought us food and homemade sweets on Diwali. I've also been invited to share Iftar meals with a muslim colleague and his family during ramadan. It's nice to experience other cultures even if we don't share the same faith.

As for this outrage, I can't wrap my head around how fecking miserable and sad someones life must be if they get wound up by this. Life is finite as this year has proved. Why waste your energy on this nonsense. Probably the same types who celebrate St. Patricks day because their great great Grandparents once visited Cork. Arseholes.

Jamesimus

Woke is a term used by left (in a positive way) and by the right (in a derogatory way) to describe people who I guess understand / are aware of social justice issues such as racism, homophobia, transphobia and many others.

Antifa is an anti-fascist movement which is linked to a variety of left-wing political ideologies. Generally involved in direct action against racism / racists, bigots etc, or against things that are perceived as precursors to fascism.

Hope that helps, there might be other people on here that can explain these things better!

stay_up_skyblues

It doesn't surprise me that muslims celebrate christmas, given the fact that Jesus is an important prophet in Islam (known as Isa), celebrating his birth seems fairly straightforward. I'm agnostic but our Hindu neighbours in recent years have always brought us food and homemade sweets on Diwali. I've also been invited to share Iftar meals with a muslim colleague and his family during ramadan. It's nice to experience other cultures even if we don't share the same faith.

As for this outrage, I can't wrap my head around how fecking miserable and sad someones life must be if they get wound up by this. Life is finite as this year has proved. Why waste your energy on this nonsense. Probably the same types who celebrate St. Patricks day because their great great Grandparents once visited Cork. Arseholes.

My missus used to work with a Muslim lad and we went to one of his wedding celebrations last year (I think they had three or four in total). No room on the “white” table so we were sat on a table of eight with the bride’s family. They were lovely, notwithstanding a bit of a language barrier (elderly relatives). Made us really comfortable and insisted we tried all of the different foods etc. One lady in particular was like my own Nan, determined that we don’t leave until we couldn’t move for being full up.

hill83

My missus used to work with a Muslim lad and we went to one of his wedding celebrations last year (I think they had three or four in total). No room on the “white” table so we were sat on a table of eight with the bride’s family. They were lovely, notwithstanding a bit of a language barrier (elderly relatives). Made us really comfortable and insisted we tried all of the different foods etc. One lady in particular was like my own Nan, determined that we don’t leave until we couldn’t move for being full up.

People sat at a table at a wedding in being normal shocker ha ha.

Liquid Gold

Publican, is your pub called 'The Swan and Paedo'?

skyblueinBaku

"Woke" is a word used by people that do not know how to conjugate the verb "To Wake".

Sick Boy

I think people are just braindead now and try to just act emotional.

I used to like looking at comments of a middle aged bloke on Tiktok doing an awkward rehearsed dance routine and looking like he's having a fit.

"Your videos make my day"
"You smashed that trending dance"
"It makes me so happy to see these dances"
"Ignore the hate, you are on point"

It's like people type overly emotional stuff just to try and compete. Fuck off you bellends.

It's not as if the Sainsburys ad is saying "we wish black people a happy christmas but not you pasty white fuckers".
Mate you’re obsessed with TikTok haha

publican1990

Food is a great cultural leveller imo. 'Desi pubs' are a great example of this, there's some cracking ones over Brum/Black Country way. In Cov there's the Stag and the Crow on Lockhurst lane, the Hollybush and the Lion's Inn. You'll find white, asian and black fellas enjoying the beer and the food. Nothing goes better with a curry and a chilli/cheese naan than a cold pint.

wingy

Food is a great cultural leveller imo. 'Desi pubs' are a great example of this, there's some cracking ones over Brum/Black Country way. In Cov there's the Stag and the Crow on Lockhurst lane, the Hollybush and the Lion's Inn. You'll find white, asian and black fellas enjoying the beer and the food. Nothing goes better with a curry and a chilli/cheese naan than a cold pint.
Used to love popping into the commonwealth club for a dinner time pint back when the workshop was just around the corner.

Nick

Administrator
I won't buy that stuff.
Has to be a Knock off supermarket own brand two litre bottle or I'm out, Sainsbury's usually.

It tastes the same to be fair.

I also like Bounties and Red Stripe.

In fact, I think I would prefer a "Black" Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread