Safe Standing Survey Email from CCFC (1 Viewer)

wingy

But what about when people jump around and celebrate after a goal has gone in? That’s when the risk of injury is at its highest surely? Why should only blocks 14-16 be shielded against the death trap that is the plastic seat
I've got a a padded one!👍

pusbccfc

99% of the time this is people falling over celebrating after a goal has gone in. But the entire ground is on their feet for this so it doesn’t really solve the problem.

The issue is also with how steep the stand is at the CBS. If someone was to fall, it could create a avalanche of people. That's what the theory probably is.

Calista

Completed it and went for Singers corner,should be behind the goal tho .
Ditto

Frustrating that the options include the whole of the East and North stands, but no mention of the South. I get that they probably want to maintain flexibility in the South Stand for varying numbers of Away fans, and that sight lines dictate that safe standing is much easier to provide in the corner. But of the 3 options presented, only Singers' Corner makes any sense, so it's a foregone conclusion in the guise of a consultation.

Anyway, I'm in favour and I hope the safe standing will be successful and end up creeping further around into the South Stand.

mmttww

But what about when people jump around and celebrate after a goal has gone in? That’s when the risk of injury is at its highest surely? Why should only blocks 14-16 be shielded against the death trap that is the plastic seat

Feels like Boosh. Have fun posting edgy things.

David O'Day

Not at all. I’m just yet to see a single convincing argument as to why safe standing is better. Or safer. There must be some figures or statistics somewhere that would prove me wrong, but I’ve just spent 15 minutes trying to find some to no avail.
???

There's loads of evidence, there was enough evidence that it convinced the government to change the law to allow rail seats.

You are a troll.

clint van damme

I don't see any reason to change it from seating.
A poor quality set of questions. Interpreted it as the decision has been made and not really wanting a debate.

People want safe standing, and they won't be altering the whole ground, still plenty of seating options for those that want it.
I'd imagine most in that section do.

Como

I received an email and voted like it seems everyone else.

Bit disappointed they only went back 10 years for being a supporter.

Astute

Very easy questions until the last one 😂

Certainly the way to go but don't like the idea of people not wanting/able to stand who have sat there for years and would have to move. Behind the goal would be best. Used to love standing behind the goal.

I think singers corner would affect less people but having a safe standing area could make another part of the ground more lively.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Things just need tweaking rather than wholesale changes. If the Away Fans won’t be moved to singers corner then singers corner won’t move to the south stand….but hopefully singers corner will expand into the south stand and safe standing will expand too.

I’m at the back of 17 and there’s a decent amount stood up every game from halfway upwards. The crowding has become dangerous so I would love to see safe standing expanded to other blocks and sections e.g the last 20 rows of block 17.

The North Stand will always have terrible memories for me and is definitely best suited as a family stand.

AJB1983

Gonna have to be several surveys/consultations on this, as to specifics, but also what supporters in the respective sections prefer.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Can you provide some please?

All I’ve managed to find is an article, published after the early trials, that basically says “there is less confrontation with stewards who would previously have been asking fans to sit down”
He labelled you a troll for a measured response. He's hilarious.

mmttww

Can you provide some please?

or you could do some research of your own beyond a five-second Google search if you care so much.

There will be loads out there at the FA, EFL, EPL, fan groups. It's been used in other countries for years.

Almost as if you don't actually believe what you're saying and just want to stir up sh*t. It's Boosh, innt.

wingy

or you could do some research of your own beyond a five-second Google search if you care so much.

There will be loads out there at the FA, EFL, EPL, fan groups. It's been used in other countries for years.

Almost as if you don't actually believe what you're saying and just want to stir up sh*t. It's Boosh, innt.
Can't assume Google is accurate?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Isn't there a "danger " that safe standing will simply encourage lots of people who sit in the adjoining official seating areas to stand ? It'll only take a few people to join in and the ripple effect will be that everyone else will have to stand in order to see.

I'm sure other clubs with safe standing must have monitored this. If they have and it does, I wonder what the response is ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Will tickets be cheaper for those in railed seating ? Probably cost more for being able to both sit and have the luxury of leaning on a shiny new bit of tin.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Have you done any research? Any figures or statistics you can share? I'm questioning why safe standing is so much safer than the current system of simply standing in front of a seat. The onus should be on someone, anyone, to explain why the new system is better.

Like I said, I persistently stand at pretty much every game I atend. The only times I've seen people falling over and potentially injuring themselves is when a goal is scored, or during the pre-match/post-match rush, but that will continue to happen in every other area of the ground where there is no rail seating.

Rail seating only makes sense if we adopt a militant approach to standing in all other areas of the ground (i.e you're not even allowed to stand up after a goal), because this is the only way we can completely eradicate the potential for injury during those big moments in the game when most people are on their feet anyway.
Your last paragraph raises , for me, a very important point .
More people are surely just going to stand in the seated areas.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Is it installed at a reasonable height behind the seats?
I'm led to understand it's high enough so that if you sit down you can still the match. Not that anyone will of course.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Covcraig@bury

I voted north stand even though im in singers , reason being I’ve never sat down in singers so there’s no change really. It has to be behind the goal

mmttww

I'm just pointing out that it doesn't solve anything.

People are standing at games. That's not how all-seater stadium were designed to function safely.

Safe standing solves that problem. Spaces where people stand all game are designed with that in mind.

I'm really struggling to see the argument against removing some risks and giving fans what they want.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's going to be two blocks. People will have plenty of choice. Don't see the issue,
Not in the actual safe standing area. If one person stands, it means at least 2-3 people behind them who choose to sit and watch the game will have to stand. It happens now at every game . A few stand up and everyone else does. It's not rocket science .
Anyone thinking they can sit through a game in a railed area shouldn't be there.

MalcSB

I put the corner but if I’d been able to put multiple then I’d have behind the goal in blocks 26 etc - but not too many. Maybe the first 15/20 rows in one or two blocks?
I’d suggest most people wouldn’t want to stand all game, and I certainly don’t think it would be wanted in the family zone.
So sensible to trial it from the corner and then expand as necessary.
How would having the first 15 or 20 rows work for those sitting behind them. Surely it would have to be the higher rows.

wingy

I put the corner but if I’d been able to put multiple then I’d have behind the goal in blocks 26 etc - but not too many. Maybe the first 15/20 rows in one or two blocks?
I’d suggest most people wouldn’t want to stand all game, and I certainly don’t think it would be wanted in the family zone.
So sensible to trial it from the corner and then expand as necessary.
Nature says there will always be the older the older generation and even younger who stand at work all day?
Did you mean back rows?

Users who are viewing this thread