Item Safe Standing at the CBS - Fan Consultation (1 Viewer)

Nobbie_67

Interesting …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHUNT31

Love this!

However, now it seems we have an element of control with what happens with the bowl side of the stadium, I would have hoped they looked into moving the away fans in the corner and make the south stand safe standing for home fans.

pusbccfc

Great news.

Corner is perfect for it.

edgy

Safe standing means lower capacity doesn't it? Or have I got that wrong?

SkyBlueMatt

Everyone stands anyway at least if they do this, it covers their backs.

100% for this in the corner.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Joy Division

Safe standing means lower capacity doesn't it? Or have I got that wrong?

Comparing other clubs who've converted it won't lose capacity no. However, when Wolves converted the south bank to safe standing they managed to increase the capacity of that stand by a couple of hundred so may well be possible.

AOM

Are there any other football teams in the higher end English leagues that already have safe standing?

bigfatronssba

Are there any other football teams in the higher end English leagues that already have safe standing?

Wolves, Brentford, QPR, Cardiff, Chelsea, Spurs

Reactions: AOM

bigfatronssba

This would be a great addition to the ground, and the match day experience.

I hope then everyone who wants to stand moves to the corner.

I get that some people like standing, but not every can, or wants to stand at a game. Sometimes persistent standers in areas that most people sit is very annoying

RoboCCFC90

Would be fantastic for Singers Corner.

Sky Blue Pete

I get that some people like standing, but not every can, or wants to stand at a game. Sometimes persistent standers in areas that most people sit is very annoying
There’s still a place to perch I think

bigfatronssba

Does this mean there has been progress made on a new, longer rental agreement at the arena?

The club will be footing the bill for these changes. Seems an unlikely thing to do if we’re moving out in a few years

pusbccfc

Should be behind the goal IMO.

Singers Corner + a presence behind the goal would be incredible.

People behind the goal stand and those in the corner do.

I always go back to Shrewsbury. They were the first to implement safe standing behind the goal and yet the noisy blokes remained in the seats next to the away end.

MTK

It will be interesting if the consultation includes information on what will happen to season ticket holders in the blocks who don’t want to be in a safe standing area. What choice of alternative seats would we have and when would that be organised? In good time for the 24/25 season I’d hope with good comms and liaison with anyone who can’t commit to standing and needs an alternative seat. In block 17 say.

I think we should have safe standing and singers corner is the natural place for it. I’ve been in 16 for many years and have a seat I love but can’t stand all game so would have to move. be great for those who want to stand though and glad the club are thinking about this kind of thing and being open about it.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

All for this, as long as it comes with a very clear message that there will be zero tolerance of standing in any other block and people will be removed.

pusbccfc

It will be interesting if the consultation includes information on what will happen to season ticket holders in the blocks who don’t want to be in a safe standing area. What choice of alternative seats would we have and when would that be organised? In good time for the 24/25 season I’d hope with good comms and liaison with anyone who can’t commit to standing and needs an alternative seat. In block 17 say.

I think we should have safe standing and singers corner is the natural place for it. I’ve been in 16 for many years and have a seat I love but can’t stand all game so would have to move. be great for those who want to stand though and glad the club are thinking about this kind of thing and being open about it.

They can still sit down. I'd like to think 13-16 is perfect. Even those down the bottom can sit if they'd like.

Ultimately, I'm surprised how many actually do sit towards the bottom in that block.

bigfatronssba

They can still sit down. I'd like to think 13-16 is perfect. Even those down the bottom can sit if they'd like.

I thought with safe standing the seats are locked in the upright position so it’s impossible to sit in them?

bigfatronssba

I think they still come down into a seat but there’s a rail in front of you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just googled it.
Only thing I could find was on Wikipedia (so questionable if it’s true!)
But it looks like there’s different types. The one I’m thinking of is rail seats, and with those they are locked so you can’t sit in them.
But there are other types that can still be sat in so I guess it would depend on what system we went for

pusbccfc

Just googled it.
Only thing I could find was on Wikipedia (so questionable if it’s true!)
But it looks like there’s different types. The one I’m thinking of is rail seats, and with those they are locked so you can’t sit in them.
But there are other types that can still be sat in so I guess it would depend on what system we went for

1688674699162.png

Nope, will be like this. It's literally a mental railing. Simple but effective and means you can sit comfortably and watch the game if you'd like.

SuperFred

I was in safe standing at Wembley for the play off final and you could still use the seat if you wanted to

Users who are viewing this thread