Safe Standing Area (1 Viewer)

Gint11

Kicks in this season.
Apologies if this has already been covered but do we know if the Club are looking to do this with Wasps for the CBS?

If so I wonder where they think would be a good area to do it?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Kicks in this season.
Apologies if this has already been covered but do we know if the Club are looking to do this with Wasps for the CBS?

If so I wonder where they think would be a good area to do it?

Well it won't be in the naught corner.

chiefdave

There's pretty much zero chance of Wasps paying to do this so even if they are happy to have it in the stadium we'll be paying for it. And it absolutely won't be in the naughty corner so no doubt the club would pay out to have it implemented and then get nothing but complaints about it being in the wrong place.

shmmeee

Stick it behind the goal, might genuinely get two singing areas then. But no, it won’t happen unless we own the ground. Shame cos it’s not like Wasps would miss the seats.

Reactions: AOM

Peter Billing Eyes

Put standing behind both goals

Bin off away fans to the corner

Sorted.
Having standing areas behind each goal would make the seated areas in the corners redundant. People sitting down in the corner sections immediately to the side of standing spectators wouldn’t be able to see any of the pitch. They would have to incorporate the corner sections into the standing areas as it’s only the ends and sides that don’t have compromised site lines.
Historically, terraced areas had a shallower rake compared to the seated sections to compensate for this, but this doesn’t exist in newer bowl shaped stadia and older grounds tended to be four sided with open curves.

Last edited:

slowpoke

Can’t see it happening here unless it’s a block behind one of the goals and really the only suitable end would be next to the away section where the main bulk of security and police are at, that won’t happen.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Considering the aggro that can happen in that corner due to the rivalry, having the standing area far away from them at the opposite end of the pitch could help negate that. You either have the choice of being able to stand at the far end of the ground or be near the away fans but have to sit. Either way you end with fewer problems.

At HR the WT wasn't attached to where the away fans sat, so it reduced the opportunity for trouble. Now it's just seating there is that temptation.

On a similar note, has there been any comeback on the stupidity of the fencing and the positioning of the away fans?

pusbccfc

Corner is fine for it. A lot of the club's who have trialled it have had it in the corner (Cardiff and Chelsea for example).

It won't cost much at all as realistically it's just a bar along each row.

It's safer for an area notoriously over populated.

If Wasps aren't keen, it's an area that is currently empty during their home matches.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Would you have to stand in a designated spot or could you move around?
My thoughts exactly. My first thought was that the ground capacity would increase at any ground with safe standing but having thought about it I'm sure that would increase risk of overcrowding and endanger spectators . I'm assuming now you are given a seat number and basically that's where you stand .

M&B Stand

My thoughts exactly. My first thought was that the ground capacity would increase at any ground with safe standing but having thought about it I'm sure that would increase risk of overcrowding and endanger spectators . I'm assuming now you are given a seat number and basically that's where you stand .

Those campaigning for the return of standing, hope in time that the Germany model of removing the actual seats will be introduced, which could lead to increased capacity. However there’s stuff like extra toilets, exits and catering along with concourse square footage that may be required for that.
I doubt that’s gonna happen anytime time soon in England tho, given the liking for health and safety rules.
Yeovil built an actual standing terrace about 15 years ago (the away end), each year the capacity of it gets less and less, safety advisory groups of stadiums like to make rules to justify their existence. The CBS is a perfect example. What’s the actual saleable Matchday capacity nowadays? I doubt it’s 32500 anymore.

CDK

Corner is fine for it. A lot of the club's who have trialled it have had it in the corner (Cardiff and Chelsea for example).

It won't cost much at all as realistically it's just a bar along each row.

It's safer for an area notoriously over populated.

If Wasps aren't keen, it's an area that is currently empty during their home matches.
What wasps the place is empty even when there playing there.

Users who are viewing this thread