safe standing 2024 (1 Viewer)

SAJ

Never happened to me the season before last. Though I was stood in the,seating because theyd allowed the safe standing to be filled up with people who werent suppose to be in there.
I couldn't get in and had a legitimate ticket!

Not sure about this season as I was in safe standing.
Certainly happened this season. I was in the safe standing about 6 rows away front of us it was seating and they made sure everyone adhered to it.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Meanwhile back in the real world.

It seems lots of 15 and 16 don't want to move as they likely lose the social groups they have formed over a decade or so which is likely., some people like their view, some people have lost people who they sat with and don't want to move and lose that persons seat, some like the much better facilities in the east stand.

It is strange they say in the article they have listened when people said they wanted it in "singers corner" but have only done it in half of the corner.
i agree with this. I don’t want to leave 15 and wont unless the atmosphere ends up transferring over to behind the goal, in which case may move behind the goal

pusbccfc

i agree with this. I don’t want to leave 15 and wont unless the atmosphere ends up transferring over to behind the goal, in which case may move behind the goal

Would you move if there was an atmosphere there?

This shouldn't be like recent games. Some will move from the corner and other areas to add to the atmosphere. It won't be entirely full of matchday fans and families.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Would you move if there was an atmosphere there?

This shouldn't be like recent games. Some will move from the corner and other areas to add to the atmosphere. It won't be entirely full of matchday fans and families.
if the atmosphere is better there than in 15, then yes. If not, even if there is some atmosphere there but 15 remains loud, I’ll stay put

pusbccfc

if the atmosphere is better there than in 15, then yes. If not, even if there is some atmosphere there but 15 remains loud, I’ll stay put

I hope it doesn't dilute the atmosphere.

Issue is if some move and some stay you'll have empty seats in both sections.

It's a risk in willing to take. I want to stand, I want to be by the away fans and I love sitting behind the goal.

Ideally it becomes 6 blocks of atmosphere.

Hobo

What if safe standing was the back three or four rows around the ground? Not obstructing views, stretching the noise and giving safe stand fans more choice on position in the ground

Calista

Assume 10 is closed off because the safety group won't allow standing right next to the away fans but if we get a season with no trouble would assume it can be extended to that block as well.
Block 10 isn't 'closed off'. It was on the list of blocks where STs will be sold next season, and presumably will be sold (and enforced) as seating only.

eyesee

Block 10 isn't 'closed off'. It was on the list of blocks where STs will be sold next season, and presumably will be sold (and enforced) as seating only.
i hope they have a plan. can't help thinking this needs some coordination.

bigfatronssba

What if safe standing was the back three or four rows around the ground? Not obstructing views, stretching the noise and giving safe stand fans more choice on position in the ground
The superfans seem to consider standing up as being crucial to creating atmosphere.

If that's the case spreading the atmosphere around the ground but just at the back three rows would make it hard to get it going

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Meanwhile back in the real world.

It seems lots of 15 and 16 don't want to move as they likely lose the social groups they have formed over a decade or so which is likely., some people like their view, some people have lost people who they sat with and don't want to move and lose that persons seat, some like the much better facilities in the east stand.

It is strange they say in the article they have listened when people said they wanted it in "singers corner" but have only done it in half of the corner.
Well if these social groups haven't got facebook/twitter/phone numbers of people in that group for them to discuss exact seat they're moving to I'd suggest they're not that tight knit.

Seems odd that there's going to be a standing area, behind a goal next to the away fans. This is as close to a slam dunk for what most people would want that want a decent atmosphere and to stand.

As for policing standing in the corner next season. Cheese wire set 5ft above the seats that randomly sweeps down the stand...

chiefdave

There's no safe standing in 10, which is what I meant. I'm assuming that a SAG thing as it would seem odd to leave that block out

So my theory is if people manage to behave themselves we can resist it and have the single block in that area without safe standing added at a later date

Calista

There's no safe standing in 10, which is what I meant. I'm assuming that a SAG thing as it would seem odd to leave that block out

So my theory is if people manage to behave themselves we can resist it and have the single block in that area without safe standing added at a later date
And similarly depending on how things go, I imagine it would be feasible to extend safe standing into 15 in future (as desired by a few on here). But it seems to me that 11 to 14 is quite a decent allocation (at least numerically) for standing.

Safe standing is easier in the corners because there is no problem with sight lines.

Calista

Regarding sight lines, I do wonder whether people sitting in block 10 will have their view of the corner of the pitch blocked by those standing in 11? Presumably they've thought these things through.

fatso

After years of sitting down at football matches, and obviously being older and suffering from the occasional bad back, I really can't be bothered to go back to standing! But hopefully those annoying young upstarts who insist on spoiling the view of us seniors can now fuck off and stand together!

Victor Meldrew.

JAM See

Sky Blue Pete

they can fuck off if so
Ok but safe standing is about safe standing and if you make safe standing available you expect those people who wish to stand all game to use it
What did you think would happen
It’s the same infantile thing we see with dicks on motorised scooters or motorbike riders who think they’re risk free
The stadium safety group has a responsibility to ensure people are safe
It’s not safe to stand where there is a huge incline and it’s an accident waiting to happen
Let’s avoid it rather than have a minutes applause to those paralysed when it eventually happens

SAJ

And similarly depending on how things go, I imagine it would be feasible to extend safe standing into 15 in future (as desired by a few on here). But it seems to me that 11 to 14 is quite a decent allocation (at least numerically) for standing.

Safe standing is easier in the corners because there is no problem with sight lines.
That may be true for viewing but the cost is significantly more to put safe standing in corners than in a straight line.

MalcSB

You are missing the point, the club state they have listen and did what the fans wanted and made "singers corner" safe standing but they haven't

There is a mismatch between the comms and the action
They don’t actually state they have “listened“. They have reported elements of the consultation, so they have ‘heard” what supporters views are and they will probably have considered those views along with a myriad of other factors in order to come to this solution. A consultation is not a referendum.

chiefdave

That may be true for viewing but the cost is significantly more to put safe standing in corners than in a straight line.
According to King on CWR this morning its the club not Frasers who are paying to have safe standing put in

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Question, will people stand anywhere in safe standing, if they do, then the stewards are going to be busy.

JAM See

Question, will people stand anywhere in safe standing, if they do, then the stewards are going to be busy.
Good point, I was thinking about this earlier.

If a row has say twelve seats, it will be easy to get fifteen people in there (anybody who has been to an away game will know what I'm talking about).

Gonna be interesting next season.

Users who are viewing this thread