safe standing 2024 (1 Viewer)

Domo

• Block 6 – Rows AA to XX (Away Supporters)
  • Block 7 – Rows AA to XX (Away Supporters)
  • Block 11 – Rows AA to XX
  • Block 12 – Rows AA to XX
  • Block 13 – Rows AA to XX
  • Block 14 – Rows AA to XX

pusbccfc

Great news. Those so desperate to stay in the corner will be considering a move behind the goal. A proper wall of noise besides the away fans. How it should be.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

SHUNT31

Pissed off it’s not in 15. Hope the dickhead stewards will not be telling me to sit down!

David O'Day

After asking around, no one still wants to move and block 14 has no need to move,

All at bit half arsed really

Evo1883

Will they be more vigorous with telling people to sit down outside this area ?

Block 16 top to bottom just stands

pusbccfc

They won't, minimum wage stewards aren't going to police it

Power by numbers of course. Same with anything.

The issue is when you get situations seen at other clubs like Burnley, Tottenham and Forest where fans have fans have been warned of banning orders for persistent standing.

David O'Day

Power by numbers of course. Same with anything.

The issue is when you get situations seen at other clubs like Burnley, Tottenham and Forest where fans have fans have been warned of banning orders for persistent standing.
those clubs have backed off now

given most people have no intention of moving it becomes unworkable

pusbccfc

Forest have banned fans this season for standing. They currently don't have safe standing.

SBT

If I was going to be revoking anyone’s season tickets (and to be clear I don’t think we need to do it for anyone), then it seems more fair to penalise fans who are standing in seated areas while other standing areas are available, rather than families who aren’t attending enough games for Doug’s liking.

pusbccfc

can't be banning that many then can they

this is the biggest load of shit you have talked since you pretended to know "someone high up at wembley"

No, of course not. Means nothing to those who actually have bans.

Plenty would know who the guy who works at Wembley is. His brother is a Cov fan who goes home and away.

David O'Day

No, of course not. Means nothing to those who actually have bans.

Plenty would know who the guy who works at Wembley is. His brother is a Cov fan who goes home and away.
Yeah cool story, just like you and you make believe large group of mates.

it was funny when you thought we were talking about someone getting glassed ;)

David O'Day

Meanwhile back in the real world.

It seems lots of 15 and 16 don't want to move as they likely lose the social groups they have formed over a decade or so which is likely., some people like their view, some people have lost people who they sat with and don't want to move and lose that persons seat, some like the much better facilities in the east stand.

It is strange they say in the article they have listened when people said they wanted it in "singers corner" but have only done it in half of the corner.

chiefdave

They've done exactly what people asked for so no doubt people will still moan.

Assume 10 is closed off because the safety group won't allow standing right next to the away fans but if we get a season with no trouble would assume it can be extended to that block as well.

Would not be surprised to see a clampdown on persistent standing elsewhere, in fact I wouldn't be shocked if the SAG have insisted on that as a condition of allowing safe standing.

David O'Day

Honestly, just move to a standing area if they're not putting safe standing where you are. All the atmosphere is going to be in the standing sections and you're not going to have to bother with little hitlers.
See my above post for reasons why people have said they don't want to move

David O'Day

They've done exactly what people asked for so no doubt people will still moan.

Assume 10 is closed off because the safety group won't allow standing right next to the away fans but if we get a season with no trouble would assume it can be extended to that block as well.

Would not be surprised to see a clampdown on persistent standing elsewhere, in fact I wouldn't be shocked if the SAG have insisted on that as a condition of allowing safe standing.
They have done half of what people asked?

Users who are viewing this thread