SAFC Fan In Peace - Can I just be the first to say.... (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

I get what you're saying mate, but again you're looking at members of a football messaging board and not genuine Sunderland fans. RTG is a strange place, with some weird and wonderful characters, but in no way at all represents our true fans.

You'd be hard pushed to find a real Sunderland fan actually slating Coventry, or most other teams for that matter, it's just that the internet brings out the very worst in people and can show a completely incorrect representation of a fanbase. RTG, in forum terms, is pretty huge, so we do attract a lot more nut jobs than most other forums.

Appreciate the comments on the amount of season tickets we have sold tooo, it's been pretty impressive this year, I just hope that we can back it up on the pitch. Only time will tell I guess.

If you lot can keep hold of your main players I can easily see you top 6 by the end of the season and I won't begrudge you that. Plenty teams out there I'd rather see fail than Coventry that's for sure.
Nice words, good luck 👍

Nick

Administrator
I hope somebody is going to post for photos shaking hands.

I remember Blackpool away, our fans stood uncomfortably holding hands with Blackpool fans for photos like Robins does when players signs.

Don't get why people are bothered what they say about us not selling 100 tickets. Equally, "fans were class wish you all the luck for the season".

Personally I hope every team loses every game and we win them.

Reactions: AOM

BusyDoughnut

I get what you're saying mate, but again you're looking at members of a football messaging board and not genuine Sunderland fans. RTG is a strange place, with some weird and wonderful characters, but in no way at all represents our true fans.

You'd be hard pushed to find a real Sunderland fan actually slating Coventry, or most other teams for that matter, it's just that the internet brings out the very worst in people and can show a completely incorrect representation of a fanbase. RTG, in forum terms, is pretty huge, so we do attract a lot more nut jobs than most other forums.

Appreciate the comments on the amount of season tickets we have sold tooo, it's been pretty impressive this year, I just hope that we can back it up on the pitch. Only time will tell I guess.

If you lot can keep hold of your main players I can easily see you top 6 by the end of the season and I won't begrudge you that. Plenty teams out there I'd rather see fail than Coventry that's for sure.

I have heard a podcast with Jonathan Wilson where in response to the question "what have Coventry City fans done to deserve this?" about our season playing home games in Northampton he went on one of his boring 40 minute answers talking about what a great team were relegated by the evil Jimmy Hill. So it isn't just weird and wonderful characters on some internet forum who bang on about us.

And Bob Mortimer's unfunny mate called Jordan Shipley a scummy c**t (something along those lines anyway) for celebrating a goal at your place.

Might be petty of me to bear these grudges but thats what being a football fan is, isn't it? All in all, I hope your lot go down and we all get another netflix series to laugh at.

Liquid Gold

I have heard a podcast with Jonathan Wilson where in response to the question "what have Coventry City fans done to deserve this?" about our season playing home games in Northampton he went on one of his boring 40 minute answers talking about what a great team were relegated by the evil Jimmy Hill. So it isn't just weird and wonderful characters on some internet forum who bang on about us.

And Bob Mortimer's unfunny mate called Jordan Shipley a scummy c**t (something along those lines anyway) for celebrating a goal at your place.

Might be petty of me to bear these grudges but thats what being a football fan is, isn't it? All in all, I hope your lot go down and we all get another netflix series to laugh at.
The celebration after that goal is the only evidence of things being thrown from the stands that day.

stevefloyd

I turned down 4 tickets off Gustavo himself this afternoon but I got a nice top signed with his name on the back and long sleeved from him, although its a tad small for my gut. I couldn't hold it in all afternoon if I wore it but a nice souvenir :) gave my son one too top top guy

Tommo1993

I’d wear a half and half scarf of us and Sunderland after reading this. I’d even take the broken legs for it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

In fairness, you've lucked out by coming on here and not the Facebook forum.

1659117039440.png

Sky Blue Harry H

I have always had a soft spot for Sunderland since they done Leeds in the FA Cup final in 73. I wish them luck, as long as they do not finish above us.

If they win the league and we finished 2nd, I'd take that !

peace ndlovu

The mate you refer to is Barry Glendenning.
Absolute fucking scrotum. Apparently he’s a journalist, but the shite he churns out suggests otherwise

CDK

It's alway the minority that give everyone club supporters a bad name and every club has them,as for Sunderland after we've taken points off you will wish you good luck .pusb

Seaside-Skyblue

Fair play to reaching out on here, nice comments. The rivalry is quite bizarre. But I suppose all rivalry is, football is very tribal and I suppose it adds a bit of spice to it all. It was a genius move from Hill at the time, but let's be honest, I'm sure Sunderland would have done the exact same to us in the same position. Equally if they weren't so poor and clambering around the relegation spots at the time like we were they wouldn't have been at risk of going down anyway. No one game defines a season ultimately, even if it was controversial.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

theferret

There is no rivalry of course, but the fixture has a bit of an edge now. Nowt wrong with that, as long as it doesn't spill over into silliness, let's not get wet about it.

In true KK style, I would love it tomorrow. I'm perfectly aware that a few people making jokes about Hitler and the blitz doesn't represent the fanbase as a whole, of course it doesn't, but with comments like that I hope we absolutely smash you tomorrow and that you get relegated. That's how it should be. Sure you feel the same.

blunted

Football rivalries, real or imagined are great for the game except where some fools can't see that they should not go beyond a bit of banter and trip over into abuse or violence.

ccfc922

We went into a pub called the Halfway House after the 5-4 game, to be fair the locals were sound

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've been out on the piss tonight in Seaburn and a lot of the local Mackems have been grand.

Just gonna walk to n from ground tomorrow with the new away top n hope for the best haha.

Users who are viewing this thread