Ryton Training Ground (2 Viewers)

mark82

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but our one real asset, the training ground, is held by the company not in administration. I have a fear that SISU could hold onto this and either rip us off with rent or build houses on it. Anyone know where we stand on this?

torchomatic

I've just called Sculder and Mully. They'll get to the bottom of it.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but our one real asset, the training ground, is held by the company not in administration. I have a fear that SISU could hold onto this and either rip us off with rent or build houses on it. Anyone know where we stand on this?

Godiva

I've just called Sculder and Mully. They'll get to the bottom of it.

They can only do something if the truth is out there.
As sisu is involved there are no truth to be found (according to many) so they will be on an impossible mission.

SonofErnie

If I were the new owners (big leap of faith) I'd simply build a new training facility, perhaps in the area around the Ricoh. Perhaps the academy could be based there also. It's similar to Man City's scheme, but obviously on a much smaller scale.

torchomatic

From this day forth Ryton shall be known as Area 51.

torchomatic

BrisbaneBronco

If I remember correctly SISU mortgaged Ryton a couple of seasons ago to get their hands on some cash to pay wages/bills etc. Not sure it was for the full value. So at the very least I suspect Ryton is part owned by a financial institution.(Let me guess, who are something to do with SISU/Arvo whatever!!!)

ccfc92

If I remember correctly SISU mortgaged Ryton a couple of seasons ago to get their hands on some cash to pay wages/bills etc. Not sure it was for the full value. So at the very least I suspect Ryton is part owned by a financial institution.(Let me guess, who are something to do with SISU/Arvo whatever!!!)

i thought they payed the mortgage off before the season started :S?

Warwickhunt

i thought they payed the mortgage off before the season started :S?
Which company paid it back? or should I say which company did they transfer the mortgage to and used the Training Ground as Colaterel

ajsccfc

They've already got to Google.

RAHN4U1.jpg

BurbageSkyBlues

Which company paid it back? or should I say which company did they transfer the mortgage to and used the Training Ground as Colaterel

You are probably closer to the truth than you know.......

My guess.....CCFC owned Ryton, it was mortgaged to raise cash (possibly undervalued?). The mortgage was payed off by Arvo, who now own the ground......for a lower cost than what it is worth. Then, when they exit the football club, they have assets 'land banked' for future development and hence profit to offset the losses in the football club.

Only my opinion on events.......maybe OSB can confirm some of the transactional details, from accounts?

Apply this approach to other 'assets' that were formerly owned by our club (players, etc?) and we see that they have all been moved out of CCFC, the only bit in admin. And, of course, we have a Sisu appointed administrator.......so , just how deeply will he look into previous transactions, and what will he publicly reveal? Will he truly be independent and impartial?

I believe that other cases of court actions, with Sisu involved, have included issues surrounding the impartiality or similar (conflict of interest?) of the administrator(s)

Just my concerns.....

J

Jack Griffin

Yeah Burbage, I think you just hit one nail on the head there.

Any new owner will have to pay a premium to buy it back or build their own facililty elsewhere and SISU will simply sell the land on to a developer.

Still thinking aloud here, maybe the council could find some land inside the city boundary to locate a new training ground, I'm sure something managable could be put in place in a year & finished off in 2, meanwhile there will be 1 season of renting out somewhere else (Ryton, LOL). Call their bluff...

Waldorf

I'm pretty sure that Ryton is listed on the ARVO debenture (along with everything other than players - down to the paper clips). So if CCFC(holdings) don't lay claim to it, ARVO will.
If it gets to SISU being left with Ryton and no club, they'll have difficulty selling it for development. People in Ryton village are very jealous of their position as being outside Coventry. I doubt Warwick DC would grant planning permission..

J

Jack Griffin

If that's the case Waldorf then its value is limited to what SISU can sell it on to a new owner for.

Like I said I'm only thinking aloud & articulating possible scenarios, I'm not really advocating them, we wlll see where it goes won't we.

mattylad

If that's the case Waldorf then its value is limited to what SISU can sell it on to a new owner for.

Like I said I'm only thinking aloud & articulating possible scenarios, I'm not really advocating them, we wlll see where it goes won't we.

Maybe they will rent it back to the new club at lets say errrrrr 1.3m per year?

rupert_bear

Don't think the Ryton land is as valuable as you think. I am sure back in the Richardson days planning for residential re-development was turned down, but then things have moved on since with the Peugeot plant closing.

J

Jack Griffin

Yeah, and the current government's attitude to out of town development is markedly different too.

Users who are viewing this thread