Ryan Kent (1 Viewer)

sperrin07

Klopp to send kent out on loan, would you have him back? Although his end product was shocking his dribbling ability caused teams so many problems id have him back

brez

Klopp to send kent out on loan, would you have him back? Although his end product was shocking his dribbling ability caused teams so many problems id have him back
Think I read championship next for him Preston was mentioned.

Kingokings204

Won't happen. Klopp wants him to test himself in the Championship.

Good luck with that. He isn't ready. Didn't exactly light the world up here did he. Would he even play championship? He didn't here in league 1.

D

Deleted member 2477

Id take him and anyone els at the moment so we can put a team of 11 players out. Still very quiet on the transfers. Waiting on the bullshit excuses now

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I know we're desperate for players, but come on guys...

He couldn't pass, couldn't cross, and couldn't shoot.

Just because he can do a few stopovers which look good to the eye, doesn't mean it's productive. I've never seen so much rawness in a player that he can skin two men and then kick the ball out for a throw. The dragging defenders out of position is also sadly a myth, as if you do that you need to be able to exploit the space. If you can't pass the ball 5 yards, you can't exploit the space.

Let's move on chaps.

ClarkeZ

Definitely not.
Having someone who can run quickly with the ball, but with no end product of any kind, is less than useless. He needs some end quality desperately, we need much much more than Ryan Kent. I still struggle to understand what people saw in him.

Yes the crowd got excited when he ran at people, but that was it, his passing was poor, crossing woeful to non-existant, shooting average at best and almost no vision to make a pass and find another player. I really hope we find someone else.

Ashdown

Some people really don't understand how a player like that can make such a difference. Any player at our level who can get round a defender and draw in others is very useful to have at times. It was no coincidence that our form fell away after he left. Then I guess these are the same people who were lambasting Jacob Murphy who could do the same for us..... and with more end product.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Local accounts of his pre-season up here suggest hes come on leaps & bounds......too good for us.....he'll be loaned in the championship

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Some people really don't understand how a player like that can make such a difference. Any player at our level who can get round a defender and draw in others is very useful to have at times. It was no coincidence that our form fell away after he left. Then I guess these are the same people who were lambasting Jacob Murphy who could do the same for us..... and with more end product.

Our form dropped dramatically because Mowbray kept picking his favourite players over the ones that were the best for the team.

The impact Kent had was one goal and one assist, and more frustration than being robbed by a prostitute before she's even taken her clothes off. Murphy had more end product, but his decision making was worse, he also didn't put in a consistent enough amount of effort.

Just because Kent could get round a defender doesn't mean it is productive for the team. Literally 9 times out of 10 he lost the ball straight afterwards, meaning creating space and drawing in others was next to useless.

That's just my opinion, but I wouldn't personally want him back.

ClarkeZ

I really disagee.
I do agree that a player drawing defenders is good, but only when that player then gives the ball to another player to allow the attack to continue. Kent didn't do that, he lost it time and time and time again. Either through poor passes, trying to beat a 3rd or 4th player and losing it, or by cutting in for an attempt at goal which was usually impotent.

For an attacking mid player who played as many games as he did, 1 goal and 1 assist is atrocious. Hardly making an impact and being useful.
We will have to agree to disagree, I wouldn't want him back.

Murphy is a different argument, I made no secret of my frustrations with him, but that's a discussion for another day.

Gint11

Absolutely savage comments. In both Murphy and Kent there is real prospects there, you have to nurture it. Kent gave defenders something to think about. If he mastered all aspects of his game at 19 he would be in Liverpools first team. I'd have him back but it won't happen. Championship club will try him.

standupforcity

Absolutely savage comments. In both Murphy and Kent there is real prospects there, you have to nurture it. Kent gave defenders something to think about. If he mastered all aspects of his game at 19 he would be in Liverpools first team. I'd have him back but it won't happen. Championship club will try him.

One of the worse players I've ever seen for a City team ethic...All he could do was run fast with the ball...he ALWAYS disappointed...totally unaware of other players around him. A big no thank you!!!

ClarkeZ

I would much prefer someone who had a little vision, could pick a pass and do something with the ball. Yes he is a young kid who needs to be nurtured, but why the hell should we have to do it? We need players who will help us score goals, one goal, one assist is not good enough, period. I don't care if hes 15 or 50, that's terrible and will get us exactly nowhere. Murphy I dealt with (albeit vocally) because he had goals and assists in him, I wont get into that argument. Kent didn't. I'd prefer to have someone with less "potential" and more here and now ability to help us.

Potential is lovely when the player is your own, we cannot cannot afford a player who is "potential" and nothing more right now, otherwise we will not be able to compete.

Covrock

I had a good chat with him. What impressed me most about him was his passion for Coventry. Not just the club. He loved where he lived, his team mates and the people of Coventry. That to me says loads. Someone with a bit of passion for the club and city. On the football side of things, I would have him back. Someone has said he has come on leaps and bounds.The man that counts is TM. Would he have him back??

Mcbean

Speed is everything in this league against the muppet lumpers in the back four - when he left no one replaced that opportunity to get round the back four and cross - he could have been taught the ball skills but you cant teach speed you either have it or you dont

SkyBlue_Bear83

I know we're desperate for players, but come on guys...

He couldn't pass, couldn't cross, and couldn't shoot.

Just because he can do a few stopovers which look good to the eye, doesn't mean it's productive. I've never seen so much rawness in a player that he can skin two men and then kick the ball out for a throw. The dragging defenders out of position is also sadly a myth, as if you do that you need to be able to exploit the space. If you can't pass the ball 5 yards, you can't exploit the space.

Let's move on chaps.

It's also a myth that he couldn't pass 5 yards and kicked the ball out for a throw everytime he beat a player. Yes his end product was often poor and frustrating but your over egging it.

And no the dragging players isn't really a myth anyway, Kent doesn't even have to touch the ball to have some effect on that. If he is being doubled marked and we pass to a different player who as a result is in free space then that's dragging players around. If he makes a off the ball run in behind and the defender tracks the run resulting in a empty space where the defender just left, then thats dragging players around. If the full back is sitting back as he is afraid of being caught out by the pace then that's creating space, if the oppositions defensive line are sitting 5 yards further back as they don't want to be caught on the counter, then that's creating space. None require Kent to even touch the ball.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's also a myth that he couldn't pass 5 yards and kicked the ball out for a throw everytime he beat a player. Yes his end product was often poor and frustrating but your over egging it.

And no the dragging players isn't really a myth anyway, Kent doesn't even have to touch the ball to have some effect on that. If he is being doubled marked and we pass to a different player who as a result is in free space then that's dragging players around. If he makes a off the ball run in behind and the defender tracks the run resulting in a empty space where the defender just left, then thats dragging players around. If the full back is sitting back as he is afraid of being caught out by the pace then that's creating space, if the oppositions defensive line are sitting 5 yards further back as they don't want to be caught on the counter, then that's creating space. None require Kent to even touch the ball.

Making runs to drag away defenders is not a rare skill, even Sunday League attackers know how to do that. I suppose his pace may mean that a defence will think about him more cautiously, but if he isn't required to touch the ball, then that's one of our attacking four not being involved directly in the attack anyway.

I get that people found him exciting, and I don't deny he had a lot of talent, but it was not useful for the team. People have got overexcited about his ability to beat a man, and whilst I'll agree that in League One that is a rare skill and nice to see, it isn't constructive to the team if you can't do anything afterwards.

Honestly, it was 9 times out of 10 he would do something such as kick the ball out for a throw, or cross the ball for a goal kick, or pass to an opposition player. It was almost funny. Everyone was on the edge of their seat, and i'd just be sitting there taking a sneaky sip of my beer. 90% of the time people would sit down again after a few seconds and let out a groan. I'd just saved myself standing up for 10 seconds, and it really was that predictable every single time.

PVA

Would have him back in a heartbeat. Brilliant player at this level.

It's no coincidence that our goals and form dried up when he left.

I cannot understand how some people on here do not rate him or wouldn't have have him back.

georgehudson

if TM considers he would fit in with our new style of play then, yes,
it's pleasing to hear he liked being here, & yes, i could see him being used in a creative forward role

Bertola

Anyone (whether it be Jones, Kent, Murphy or Reid if we sign him) that can carry a ball 30/40 yards at pace is an asset in this league. Full backs are frightened to commit themselves forward meaning there are often less players we need to defend against, and therefore giving our defence a potentially easier time.

If it's possible we'd be silly not to go for him (or Murphy if he was to become available) again

lifeskyblue

Yes I'd have him back. A very exciting player and one who made opposition defenders nervous. V v skilful...yes needed to work on end product but look at points we got when he played v points when he didn't. He made a difference and will do well this season...but not with us but the championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread