Ryan Haynes (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Been told he is lined up for a move in January, is that why he is not playing a lot lately ? Would be a lot of interest, 6 foot plus, lovely left peg, good on the ball. Could be another busy Christmas for Mr Waggott

Nick

Administrator
Been told he is lined up for a move in January, is that why he is not playing a lot lately ? Would be a lot of interest, 6 foot plus, lovely left peg, good on the ball. Could be another busy Christmas for Mr Waggott
Where did you watch him play, the footballers on stilts championships?

CPT_skyblue

Would be a real shame if he did go, I really like him, prefer him to Pugh. But shouldn't be surprised par for the course with this club management.

torchomatic

Really? Is he that good? I would call him "promising".

jimmyhillsfanclub

can I just ask you to clarify.....

..do you mean he has been told by the club he is going or do you mean you've been told by someone he is going?

torchomatic

Skyblueweeman

There's no way a club would take a punt on a player who has had a handful of good games and not completed their first season where they've actively been in the first team regularly (starting).

WM

The Lurker

There's no way a club would take a punt on a player who has had a handful of good games and not completed their first season where they've actively been in the first team regularly (starting).

WM

Top teams take punts on potential at a small price. Wilson was a punt which so far has worked out for b'mouth

Haynes looks a class act, reminds me of christie in his early days and look where he is now. Top of the championship

Grendel

Top teams take punts on potential at a small price. Wilson was a punt which so far has worked out for b'mouth

Haynes looks a class act, reminds me of christie in his early days and look where he is now. Top of the championship

Wilson wasn't a small Price. No big clubs buy on potential can't think of any.

skybluetony176

Wilson wasn't a small Price. No big clubs buy on potential can't think of any.

Arsenal have taken a couple of punts on Southampton kids over the years. Liverpool took a big punt on Kirkland. That's just of the top of my head with little thought. Big clubs take punts all the time on kids. Just not all of them make it to their first team

ajsccfc

The official site has to be wrong, there's no way Haynes is only 5'7" now.

There was a picture of him towering over other youth players I can't find, but here's him next to Richard Wood who can't be a little fella I'd have thought:

PM2852672dj060413city_59.jpg

Skyblueweeman

But you've backed up my point...Wilson had one full season under his belt in which he was largely successful at all times, bar the period he was out injured. Haynes has had a handful of really good games this term (and by handful, I mean less than 5).

Skyblueweeman

There was a picture of him towering over other youth players I can't find, but here's him next to Richard Wood who can't be a little fella I'd have thought:

All about perspective. Look at the dwarves on stilts in the background.

Skyblueweeman

Arsenal have taken a couple of punts on Southampton kids over the years. Liverpool took a big punt on Kirkland. That's just of the top of my head with little thought. Big clubs take punts all the time on kids. Just not all of them make it to their first team

Again, Bale, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Kirkland....all had at least one storming season at their previous clubs before their moves. Kirkland was keeping Hedman out of the team wasn't he? The Swedish national keeper at the time.

My point being (again) that whilst Haynes has talent, he's shown it in as many games as I have fingers on my left hand.

Grendel

These players cost millions and went into the first team and 2 soon played for England - I repeat it doesn't happier.

Chipfat

WM

Clubs from higher leagues look way before the U18 level, they know who is around they know who has potential like Liverpool knew about Thomas and Arsenal knew about Crowley. These clubs have lists and have scouting reports from U18, U21 coaches as they are not allowed into training facilities to scout or poach!!!!!!! . So Haynes is i imagine on lists of clubs to watch out for, is he progressing? can he step up? and does he have the attributes including off field to allow further development is the questions that will be being asked by higher level clubs.. I think he has already shown at a young age he has the build, speed and ability to step up, so i'm afraid its just a matter of time with Ryan before somebody comes knocking..

He is unlike Wilson though who dropped to non league on loan due to injuries and was hanging in 1 year at a time,, he was a number to most if not all clubs,, until Robins gave him a go. He scored in his first season and started his next due to lack of forwards at the club, but big interest came after his performance away at Bradford on Sky.. He forced his way into clubs list where as Haynes is already on them,, the business is small and all clubs talk about every potential player that is on any clubs books.. Haynes will not be the last to go higher this way and Wilson will not be the last to go higher his way it's just the way of the business.. So this is not rumor we all know this is in our heart of hearts is the way it will go if not Haynes Maddison if not Maddison etc...........

Covrock

When I first saw him play he reminded me of Kieth Gillespie. We will lose him eventually, hopefully to a club that will nurture him.

torchomatic

DOn't forget perspective. Richard Wood is 37 feet tall and Haynes is near the camera.

Bill Glazier

No wonder nobody gives a toss any more. The slightest hint of talent in a player and Sisu sells him. It's hopeless. I know all the stuff about Sisu keeping the club going and all that but really, Coventry City has just become a zombie football club.

J

Jack Griffin

No wonder nobody gives a toss any more. The slightest hint of talent in a player and Sisu sells him. It's hopeless. I know all the stuff about Sisu keeping the club going and all that but really, Coventry City has just become a zombie football club.

Yeah, even Crewe in the Dario Grady days held on to Dean Ashton & others long enough to move up the leagues or avoid relegation.. this lot do not seem to be arsed, still that is what you get when you have owners who do not run the club as a football club.

torchomatic

And who's done fuck all since? Money must be nice, I guess, but hardly job satisfaction.

Clubs buy potential.. like Gael B, who wasn't & still isn't finished article.

torchomatic

He's gone already then? At least he didn't follow Pressley to Huddersfield.

Yeah, even Crewe in the Dario Grady days held on to Dean Ashton & others long enough to move up the leagues or avoid relegation.. this lot do not seem to be arsed, still that is what you get when you have owners who do not run the club as a football club.

Users who are viewing this thread