Ryan Haynes (3 Viewers)

Tank Top

It's the first time i've seen this lad play, and its easy to get egg on your face by making rash claims, but surely you don't have to be an ace pundit, to acknowledge his huge likely potential, he possesses the frame and athleticism of a greyhound, a wicked left foot, and a mature understanding of the game for one so young.
This Lad is going places, and I feel he's just the kind of gamble that Arsen Venger likes to take, "Spot em young, buy em cheap
Am I overstating this lads potential,? well only time will tell.
WArm Regards.....Tankie..

kg82

Not saying everybody let things drop but it seemed that we did as a whole take our feet off the gas. Which always happens as you rarely control league games from start to finish. So many times the shoe has been on the other foot so no complaints from me.

We did. I think that was down to the players being absolutely knackered! Tudgay, Thomas and Haynes all looked like they were running through mud at the end!

Otis

We did. I think that was down to the players being absolutely knackered! Tudgay, Thomas and Haynes all looked like they were running through mud at the end!

Unfortunately Tudgay looked knackered as soon as the game started.

Otis

It's the first time i've seen this lad play, and its easy to get egg on your face by making rash claims, but surely you don't have to be an ace pundit, to acknowledge his huge likely potential, he possesses the frame and athleticism of a greyhound, a wicked left foot, and a mature understanding of the game for one so young.
This Lad is going places, and I feel he's just the kind of gamble that Arsen Venger likes to take, "Spot em young, buy em cheap
Am I overstating this lads potential,? well only time will tell.
WArm Regards.....Tankie..

Tankie to you too. :wave:

RegTheDonk

We are back home. We have the chance to give SP 60p to ensure they don't have to cash him in. Don't give SISU the excuse to sell our promising talent. Get to the games or it's Sisu out again and the buck starts being passed around : (

mrtrench

I agree he looks very good - but let's not forget that he was given loads of room on Friday. Let's see how he copes later in the season if they start double-manning him.

J

Jack Griffin

I agree he looks very good - but let's not forget that he was given loads of room on Friday. Let's see how he copes later in the season if they start double-manning him.

That will just leave O'Brein with more freedom. :)

Hincha

I'd be more worried about Willis being poached if he continues to put performances in like he has over the past few games.

Otis

If teams are having to double mark our full back that is surely a very positive sign for the rest of the team.

M&B Stand

Unfortunately Tudgay looked knackered as soon as the game started.

Tudgay is the archetypal journeyman, here for his last pay cheque.
Haynes looks a million times the player than the one I saw at Shrewsbury a year ago.

With the state of the pitch I'm not surprised ;)

The first half hour was just like the Alamo, total "in yer face pressure" - played with an intensiity rarely seen from CCFC but never sustainable over the full 90.

Many of the starting 11 had not played many games individually and with team mates and need game time to gel with each other and improve fitness levels.

What was evident was the vast improvement in first touch and movement with the ball exploiting the width with SP's 3-5-2

Only hardened cynics would see wrong in our performance as surely fans optimism levels have been raised a notch or two me thinks,

Please you Scotties don't vote Yes in 12 days time and kidnap our beloved SP

mark_ccfc

My own take is that he had a bit of a mixed bag. Early in the game he got he lacked pace and got skinned at the back by their winger, and I thought at that point he was going to be the weak point in the defense. However showed great potential, especially going forward and had good moments throughout the rest of the game.

I think this was reflected in the team performance. You could see glimpses of what SP is trying to achieve, a fluid passing game based on possession and patient build up. However for long periods it didn't come off and we looked like we lacked pace and sharpness up front.

On a more positive note though I thought they coped with the occasion amazingly - solid performance, Obviously there are lots of new faces and the team are a work in progress. Let's hope the team continue to improve (I think they will!) - here's to a good season.

Chinny_Hill

He is nowhere near good enough to yet attract serious interest - there are some major flaws that need rectifying.

I disagree, he has more development to come but I think the flaws maybe that we haven't discovered his best position yet.

RoboCCFC90

I do like Ryan Haynes, but we have to give him time, Ryan has played no more 4/5 games, talking about selling him at this point or the potential of, is silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covstu

Haynes was excellent going forward but was caught napping about 5 times at the back. He has alot of potential but he needs to improve on that side of his game or we ensure there is cover there when he does bomb forward.

letsallsingtogether

Ah but he should have???

After all he did score the last ever goal at HR so good or bad will always be remember in CCFC history or even at that quiz down the pub....:)

Not really said that have I? Remember Andrew whing once according to some CCFC fans was going to be sold for £5 million and mark edworthy was likely to get an England ca up .

letsallsingtogether

Give him a chance FFS he is only a kid.

Haynes was excellent going forward but was caught napping about 5 times at the back. He has alot of potential but he needs to improve on that side of his game or we ensure there is cover there when he does bomb forward.

glancy89

Agreed!! Poor defensively but showing good promise, hopefully Danny Pugh can sit behind him when fits and pass on experience!
He is nowhere near good enough to yet attract serious interest - there are some major flaws that need rectifying.

Covstu

Give him a chance FFS he is only a kid.

What because he is a 'kid' that allows him to not defend as a left back? Is this like you cannot be negative about sheffers because he was a 'cov kid'

Dont worry bud i am not about to start booing him but he was very exposed defensively which is a major concern that needs addressing. All i am saying is that if he is going to play there in the first team they need to be ironed out otherwise we risk leaking goals from that side.

SkyBlue_Bear83

What because he is a 'kid' that allows him to not defend as a left back? Is this like you cannot be negative about sheffers because he was a 'cov kid'

Dont worry bud i am not about to start booing him but he was very exposed defensively which is a major concern that needs addressing. All i am saying is that if he is going to play there in the first team they need to be ironed out otherwise we risk leaking goals from that side.

He's only 18 and still has many years of development ahead of him, he has come on leaps and bounds since his debut a year or two back.

Astute

It would be easier to get a player to cover him whilst he is on one of his runs than to get a player to do the runs instead of him.

Hobo

Looks a good player and has quick feet with the ball. Seems aware of his defensive duties, but agree this is the side of his game he needs to work on, without loosing his attacking flare.

Lets not expect too much too soon, he will make mistakes, he will have a bad spell. This is a young side, fans need to encouraged them rather than criticise them. Thomas needs a bit of support right now so he can find some consistency, he needs to produce quality for longer periods.

Covstu

He's only 18 and still has many years of development ahead of him, he has come on leaps and bounds since his debut a year or two back.

He has developed alot and hopefully can work on these gaps but i suppose we have to expect this to happen if we are using him as a wing back but just emphasises the fact that we need a covering player at times.

Brighton Sky Blue

He has developed alot and hopefully can work on these gaps but i suppose we have to expect this to happen if we are using him as a wing back but just emphasises the fact that we need a covering player at times.

We have a JPT game against Exeter-for the first half at least we could just put Haynes as a left winger, with a proper full back like Pugh behind him, and see how he does. Minimal pressure, lower league opponents, see how it goes.

letsallsingtogether

Not really.
Just pisses me of that a young lad gets MOM and all people want to do is slag him off and find the negatives.
So lets be honest if he was good a defender as he is going forward He Would NOT be playing for us.

RoboCCFC90

Not really.
Just pisses me of that a young lad gets MOM and all people want to do is slag him off and find the negatives.
So lets be honest if he was good a defender as he is going forward He Would NOT be playing for us.

Who is slagging Ryan Haynes off? Let's not forget that Haynes is 18 years old and hopefully has a long career ahead of him, there are things that Ryan needs to improve on, yes I would agree with that and there maybe some people that only saw the kid play for the first time on Friday. However there is undoubted potential that Ryan Haynes has and if he continues to play the way he did Friday, against Cardiff in the Cup and in the other fixtures he has played so far this season then he will no doubt fulfil it given time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Not really.

No one is slagging off merely redressing balance that he will be "off by december"

If you like at the handful of young players signed by big premier league clubs (Walcott, , oxlade chamberlain) even they played more games for the original club.

Its better to lower expectations to a realistic level surely? Christie I am convinced was over played and over hyped in his first season and ultimately struggled to find a club. Bigiamara also has an uncertain future.

I think people are just trying to be sensible and cautious.

Hobo

Caught napping really? Interesting Gillingham put their most attacking player McGlashan against him? He normally plays on the opposite wing. The Gillingham tactic here was clear, one to try and expose Haynes when attacking and also to try and nullify that attacking instinct by making him defend. But they changed their positioning not us, a great compliment. Haynes tee'd up a goal McGlashan didn't, another night it might have been different..but that night Haynes won.

This meant Reda Johnson, an experienced player and our captain, was tasked with covering his ass, along with ONeill and Fleck. As Pressley has clearly stated you have to be flexible, but not at the detriment to our strengths. Haynes main responsibility is to attack and try and make the opposition to defend him. Yes he must defend and he does, but his priority is to give us an attacking force.

Users who are viewing this thread