Ryan Giles (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Hasn’t had much of a mention but again was outstanding Saturday for me he’s better going forward than McCallum he’s lightening quick,I had worries about the his defensive side but again Saturday was superb for me was slightly behind Hamer in terms of level of performance,Giles & Dabo at wing back we will be a force coming down the sides this season,O’Hare & Giles seem to have a good understanding.

Can’t remember the last time I was so positive after a loss the lads were great Saturday Fitness levels & forced changes cost us we will get a hell of a lot sharper inside the next month we will see the levels go up.

Evo1883

Gets his final balls right godden will score many... Godden found himself in space quite often for the cross but Giles couldn't find him

cc84cov

Gets his final balls right godden will score many... Godden found himself in space quite often for the cross but Giles couldn't find him
I think Godden didn’t do enough to get on the end of them at times mate I can’t remember Giles putting 1 bad ball in Saturday.

Evo1883

I think Godden didn’t do enough to get on the end of them at times mate I can’t remember Giles putting 1 bad ball in Saturday.

Disagree, watched the same game though so it's amazing how we see things different..

I did think Giles played well though

Reactions: TTG

cc84cov

Disagree, watched the same game though so it's amazing how we see things different..

I did think Giles played well though
Yes I get that mate,was thinking a big striker would have a field day with these constant flow of balls bombing into their box.

Evo1883

Yes I get that mate,was thinking a big striker would have a field day with these constant flow of balls bombing into their box.

He needs to be hitting the the area between the penalty spot and the 6 yard box consistently is what I'm saying, godden chould be 6ft7 but won't reach a cross that's gone beyond the back post..

Crosses need to be whipped in across the box ideally behind the last defender at pace to get the most out of them on the counter

I do think he played well though... Goddens positioning for the most part was excellent.. Should score 15 this season no problem... Plus we have dabo on the other side too soon

larry_david

Outlet for sure. And heck of a cross on him. What I'm worried about (not worried at all really) but if in months time he's had numerous opportunities to asssist/score and we haven't from it I'd be asking why not

KenilworthSkyBlue

Outlet for sure. And heck of a cross on him. What I'm worried about (not worried at all really) but if in months time he's had numerous opportunities to asssist/score and we haven't from it I'd be asking why not

In that situation surely you should be asking questions of his teammates rather than Giles? A good cross is useless unless our players are in the box to meet it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If you look at the cross that Bristol put in and their striker headed (which was well saved by Marosi), that is the kind of thing I think we will expect to see. They did that once and almost scored. We did it a lot but didn't really make it count. If we can be a bit more efficient that tactic will work I'm sure.

skybluegod

Thought he was impressive but a couple times he didn't work back quick enough for me when he was caught way up field. You can see the decision making isn't quite there (but it will come with more game time)

Thought his crossing was good, but I want to see him mix it up a bit, he seems to like an early cross which is a great asset, but sometimes he was one on one and we have seen how quick he is, so I hope we can have him taking on his man getting into the box or to the byline just to mix it up.

baldy

Him and Dabo very exciting. Hamer and Sheaf very exciting. Godden vs Walker very exciting. O’Hare very exciting. Østigård and Rose very exciting.

I’m excited. Keep our first XI fit and we’ll be fine in this division.

I don't quite get as excited with central defenders as much as I do forward players but I get what you mean,in fact,some might say you're excited by it all

higgs

Is the better left back between himself and mason?

Is masons time up at the club he needs game time?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wingy

Only listened on the radio and it seemed an awful lot came down our left second half through that Weiman guy.
Is that accurate .
What changed that he seemed to become a lot more effective?
Most likely the personal changes to both teams or was that an aspect of his game?

cc84cov

Is the better left back between himself and mason?

Is masons time up at the club he needs game time?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Giles far superior for me it’s not even close I’ve never seen mason what Giles done Saturday in the entire time mason has been here.

Ring Of Steel

Giles far superior for me it’s not even close I’ve never seen mason what Giles done Saturday in the entire time mason has been here.

agree but Mason isn't a bad player though, I think we're lucky to have him as backup. How he hasn't got disillusioned though I'll never know.

Skybluedownunder

For me jury is out on if he is better than mcallum overall but for sure he is much more exciting to watch. One our best performers thus far

Closest thing we have had to Gareth bale since Chris hussey

Did you honestly rate Chris Hussey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johhny Blue

If you look at the cross that Bristol put in and their striker headed (which was well saved by Marosi), that is the kind of thing I think we will expect to see. They did that once and almost scored. We did it a lot but didn't really make it count. If we can be a bit more efficient that tactic will work I'm sure.
In the ‘60’s we just called that football

robbiekeane

Him and Dabo very exciting. Hamer and Sheaf very exciting. Godden vs Walker very exciting. O’Hare very exciting. Østigård and Rose very exciting.

I’m excited. Keep our first XI fit and we’ll be fine in this division.
Yeh I can't wait for Giles to be tearing down one side then on the next attack it's Dabo down the other. I think it's going to be really difficult to defend against. Then O Hare and Allen in the middle to if they focus on keeping our wingbacks busy. Actual nightmare - I am really looking forward to seeing us get going.

P.S do you know how hard it was to not say "exciting" in that post

harvey098

McCallum had more class / culture on the ball but whilst you could argue that Giles is quite one dimensional, that dimension is effective so it works.

cc84cov

McCallum had more class / culture on the ball but whilst you could argue that Giles is quite one dimensional, that dimension is effective so it works.
More class and culture ? He’s played 1 league game in a league higher 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

cc84cov

Watching Tyler walkers highlights just now a lot of goals he scores are from
Good delivery into the box could of been robins thinking using the 2 up front when he made the change,Walkers finishing inside the box is excellent.

harvey098

More class and culture ? He’s played 1 league game in a league higher 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

I’m not knocking him, just comparing the quite contrasting styles of McCallum’s smoothness vs Giles’ directness. Not saying one is better than the other, just two very different playing styles.

cc84cov

I’m not knocking him, just comparing the quite contrasting styles of McCallum’s smoothness vs Giles’ directness. Not saying one is better than the other, just two very different playing styles.
Again it’s far too early to compare

torchomatic

Been really impressed with him and think he can only improve the more he plays. We certainly don't miss McCallum.

Users who are viewing this thread