Ryan Giles (1 Viewer)

djr8369

Does or has Sam become less adventurous, offensively re output.
Has hesitancy crept into his games ?
Is there a relevant measure of this anywhere.
Sure Robins has one.

Looks a bit jaded to me but maybe it’s a tactical thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irish Sky Blue

It's rare but Robins has his favourites McCallum certainly qualifies as one of them. He'll only drop him unless it's absolutely necessary.
I don't think Robins has favourites. I think he is quite ruthless and will play the players who he thinks will get the job done. Doyle, Grimmer and Stokes were all jettisoned for players Robins thought were better despite paying a major part in our success.

NortonSkyBlue

Of course Robins has his favorites,they are the ones that deliver. If not, he chooses an alternative which is why we have a squad.
What did Giles deliver on Tuesday that puts him in the side? We will see if Robins selects him tomorrow.
In the eyes of some once he signed for Norwich McCallum was an easy target and it started immediately. Whatever the reason behind it Robins continued to pick him. That's enough for me.

Gazolba

Would like to see Giles getting some more minutes, at least 30 minutes in the second half.
He's a secret weapon, but he can't do anything sitting on the bench.

higgs

Giles was a curious signing
Robins said earlier on deadline day that no one was coming in
Then late in the day Giles was announced
Was he scouted or was he offered late in the day and we took a punt?
Not sure how it will work out but hope for the best for the lad
Is he lined up to sign permanently in summer and we are integrating him into the squad and our way of playing now so he hits the ground running next season with Sam gone to Norwich?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Magwitch

Is he lined up to sign permanently in summer and we are integrating him into the squad and our way of playing now so he hits the ground running next season with Sam gone to Norwich?

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him as a loan next season providing we are in the championship,

harvey098

I wondered the same. We don’t particularly need another left wing back at the moment but we will need one next season. Suspect it’s just a chance for both of us to look at each other with Wolves paying some of the wages.

Sky Blue Pete

His run and cross in the last minute was quality that I don’t think Sam is capable of. He has many others of course

stupot07

I would think if he have signed on loan worth the view to a permanent, we would already been told that. My guess is that, Masons struggled in the left wing back role, Giles became available to provide a better back up. But he also brings versatility as he can plan further forward if we ever needed to tweak the system.

Personally, as much as McCallum hasn't been himself these last few weeks, he should continue to have the shirt.

Giles run and cross at the end was impressive, but it's important to remember he had fresh legs against a tired right back with the game stretched.

Just as important in being able to defend for 90 mins within our shape, defending set pieces, etc. One of the reasons we've been so consistent especially in defence is that they back 5 plus kelly and Walsh have played week in week out with each, they all know their jobs and know exactly where each other are.

That said I'd like to see more of giles, potentially in a further forward position.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

better days

Interestingly Robins was extremely positive about Giles in his extended interview
Described him as Premier League quality
Not everyone shares that opinion but we'll see soon enough

I think he'll definitely be here on loan next season whether we go up or not. We seem to have a good working relationship with Wolves, got our head of goalkeeping from them as well as the transfer business between the two in recent years

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread