Russia Report (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You lost. Get over it.

giphy.gif

skybluetony176

You lost. Get over it.

giphy.gif
It’s pretty clear we all lost. Russian influence has replaced EU influence. Brexit voters should be the most upset by this. They won’t be though.

To be fair though I wasn’t even talking about brexit I was talking about the government bullshitting. No reason why this couldn’t have been released before the GE despite what Boris and Co we’re claiming.

chiefdave

Wasn't expecting it to be this bad to be honest. Not sure how the government can turn round and say interference in what is most likely the most important vote in a generation doesn't warrant an independent investigation.

shmmeee

Absolute banana republic. What a mess this country is turning into in such a short time. Interference with the intelligence agencies, blatant corruption, failing in our international commitments. Never been so ashamed to be British TBH. We used to do things properly, a whole national identity sacrificed at the alter of Brexit. All so we can become a vassal state to Russia, China and the US.

Pride is a hell of a drug.

chiefdave

Absolute banana republic. What a mess this country is turning into in such a short time. Interference with the intelligence agencies, blatant corruption, failing in our international commitments. Never been so ashamed to be British TBH. We used to do things properly, a whole national identity sacrificed at the alter of Brexit. All so we can become a vassal state to Russia, China and the US.

Pride is a hell of a drug.
On the one hand you don't want to be alarmist but on the other you look at what's happening here and in the US and wonder where it ends up.

clint van damme

On the one hand you don't want to be alarmist but on the other you look at what's happening here and in the US and wonder where it ends up.

I can tell where it's going to end up but you only have to look at the responses to some of the threads on here to see people are absolutely blind to where this is taking us.
And this may be tinfoil hat time but I can't help but think that it's only been released now along with the news of the public service pay rise to distract from voting down the bill aimed at protecting the NHS which seems to have had very little coverage.

Ring Of Steel

I can tell where it's going to end up but you only have to look at the responses to some of the threads on here to see people are absolutely blind to where this is taking us.
And this may be tinfoil hat time but I can't help but think that it's only been released now along with the news of the public service pay rise to distract from voting down the bill aimed at protecting the NHS which seems to have had very little coverage.

Its also heavily redacted. We have only seen the parts deemed suitable for public consumption, which makes you wonder what was chopped if this is the "ok" version.

shmmeee

Im more worried than I would be if I was a Yank. Their written constitution gives them a bulwark again a rogue government. We’ve always run on an honour system and we’ve got the first government I’m aware of that couldn’t give two shits about that and will do what they want convention be damned. That’s fine in most countries but everything in our constitution is convention and tradition and honour. And that made me quite proud. Almost like our democracy was mature enough not to need the protections.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wasn't expecting it to be this bad to be honest. Not sure how the government can turn round and say interference in what is most likely the most important vote in a generation doesn't warrant an independent investigation.

It's also very disturbing that i this information was available to them, why on earth would you want to sit on it for months as it undermines the entire democracy. It's not saying that anyone was complicit in it, just that it happened. So why would you want to hide it? I'd want it investigated immediately. So hiding it just makes you look guilty.

Ian1779

It's also very disturbing that i this information was available to them, why on earth would you want to sit on it for months as it undermines the entire democracy. It's not saying that anyone was complicit in it, just that it happened. So why would you want to hide it? I'd want it investigated immediately. So hiding it just makes you look guilty.
Trouble is who will hold them to account on it? Starmer won’t, the media will bury it (apart from when they went to doorstep Corbyn about the NHS when he was bang on about their intention) and any real protestation will be labelled as ‘bitter remainers’ crying no fair, as we’ve already seen on this very thread.

15/20 years ago our government would be looking at a ‘democracy’ like ours if it was elsewhere and thinking about possible intervention because of wide scale, state sponsored corruption.

duffer

It's odd isn't it. The same people who raged endlessly (and usually, incorrectly) about interference from the EU in regard to things like straight bananas have nothing to say at all in regard to Russian interference in our core domestic processes.

Is it just me, or does Mr Cummings three years in Russia not ring at least a few alarm bells too, given his obvious influence on the Prime Minister (the kind of influence Rod Hull had on Emu, basically).

clint van damme

It's odd isn't it. The same people who raged endlessly (and usually, incorrectly) about interference from the EU in regard to things like straight bananas have nothing to say at all in regard to Russian interference in our core domestic processes.

Is it just me, or does Mr Cummings three years in Russia not ring at least a few alarm bells too, given his obvious influence on the Prime Minister (the kind of influence Rod Hull had on Emu, basically).

no more so that the PM celebrating his election win at the home of an ex KGB agent or the millions of pounds of donations pouring in to the tory party from wealthy Russians.

chiefdave

This is frightening.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

On the one hand its comical how much happens in such a short space of time but on the other hand it is very worrying that pretty much on a daily basis we are seeing multiple things that 10-15 years ago would have, at the very least, been a serious issue for the government. This is all going on and nobody is even questioning them.

skybluetony176

Just watching the rise of the Murdoch dynasty on BBC and it’s gone into the links of the Tories under Cameron and the Murdoch family and group.

clint van damme

Starmer has to be a tory plant, no way can a QC be that ineffectual and unable to think on his feet, an utter waste of fucking space.

clint van damme

Really, wow

Genuinely fucking wow

He was so busy trying to distance himself from Corbyn he allowed Johnson who is balls deep in Russian connections to get the better of him.

And he didn't mention the fact the Tories voted down a bill to protect the NHS.

David O'Day

He was so busy trying to distance himself from Corbyn he allowed Johnson who is balls deep in Russian connections to get the better of him.

And he didn't mention the fact the Tories voted down a bill to protect the NHS.

If by getting the better of him you mean getting pillored across the board yet again then yeah

clint van damme

If by getting the better of him you mean getting pillored across the board yet again then yeah

I'm wasn't impressed mate.
Johnson's a one trick pony but it seems to be holding his own in the circumstances.
I'm hoping Starmer has something up his sleeve regarding the bill to protect the NHS the Tories voted down but as I said he seems more intersted in distancing himself from Corbyn.

That's all well and good but sometimes you've got to put that to one side and oppose the government. If we had a striker who misses as many open goals we'd chase him out of town

Users who are viewing this thread