Russell Slade (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Yet, he could be the first manager in 30 years to get us to Wembley.

Funny old game.

In all seriousness he hasn't done any better or worse than I expected. His hands are tied.

steve82

We most certainly do not want to be building a new squad completely from scratch.

If we could get some some of spine, keeper, Clarke, Beavon, it would at least be some sort of start.

My guess is that pretty much everyone else apart from the odd youngster such as Thomas and DKE will be gone.

I wouldn't keep Reid, or Rose and Bigi and Lameiras and Haynes will be gone. Stokes too.

That's why it would be good if we could get some youngsters to step up to the first team.

I'm all for using some of our kids from our academy but we've got a few in and around the squad now and there not big enough in height and physicality.
Burge I'd bin... from Monday morning.
Willis, sell.
Harries, be sold
Haynes, winger not a LB. squad player.
DKE shows commitment and is physical enough to to keep.
Stevenson, be sold
Thomas, not enough goals in his game currently but not a right winger

stevefloyd

I quite liked the look of Kyle Spence in pre season...lively quite skillful and could pass a ball but looks like he has upset someone because he's not getting a look in...doubt if he would appreciate me reminding the powers that be that either

oucho

Is Jack Finch still alive?

Nick

Administrator
Are you really defending them!? Bolton game was 4 games ago since then we've picked no points and scored no goals! It's an embarrassment! How can justify this shit?

No, it is stating a fact.

It wasn't justifying anything was it?

AVWskyblue

This agree with . If we dont win 2 out of next 3 play likes of harries finch pontecelli dke spence etc. We may be relying on them next season.

Also play gadzhev and jones bigi etc. Players who will be here in league 2
I'd agree with giving ponicelli a cameo from the bench for sure, not a start though, imagine filovi up front with ponti and beavon rose Jones bigi midfield, and stokes (pick your best other three) and Rcc knee goal

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

I quite liked the look of Kyle Spence in pre season...lively quite skillful and could pass a ball but looks like he has upset someone because he's not getting a look in...doubt if he would appreciate me reminding the powers that be that either

I think he has been injured.

Otis

Did he come on the promise of our players being sold?
I'm some ways perhaps it was good that players weren't sold, but I wouldn't have blinked an eye at all or been that worried if we sold Haynes, Willis and Lameiras.

Only Stevenson would have disappointed me, because he is clearly a bit of a talent.

Willis is okay, Lameiras a bit meh and Haynes too lightweight for fullback.

steve82

But many on here wanted Russell Slade ?

Seems things turn sour very quickly... and most now want him gone. He's not been given the luck from the gods with the results with the "new manager bounce theory" and undoubtedly the performance lately have been very poor.
That said....No other manager out there would of produced anything different with the state of the squad he inherited from MV.
Me I think he's had very bad luck and it's been fine lines on most games regardless of performance. We could of been 6 points better off with confidence a little higher if luck had been with us.
Bristol Rovers he should of taken a watching brief... 4-0 defeat, sees first hand the scale of the job.
Peterborough minutes from victory for our No1 keeper to suffer sticky boots... 1-1
Bolton again inches from a hard fought victory but for Reilly to stop his run in the whistlegate episode... and a George Thomas disallowed goal. 2-2
Chesterfield, was a poor performance overall but again a Tudgay goal disallowed.. 1-0
Fleetwood, not a pretty game but so nearly gained a point against the leagues form side who had scored in every game but one and were on winning run. 0-1
Northampton, early Willis red stopped any real chance of victory and another poor display. 3-0
Millwall, was the better of 2 poor sides for spells but a Burge error from a corner and not delt with defensively. Then Millwall score from 2nd string penalty claim from the game. Lack of stikers and goals for 4th game says everything about the season. 0-2.
The football has not been pretty but Slade did say after the Bristol Rovers game we were not doing the basics right and was clear confidence was very low, and since the luck is not going our way it seems it's becoming harder to lift the players belief or in reality the players have not got the belly for the fight after becoming detached from the safety places. We were asking him to turn a confidence shot squad of kids into a competitive group that only weeks before his arrival were disgraced at Cambridge, Southend and Oxford.
RS tried to bolster the squad and I feel the only players that he got that really wanted that he would call his was Clarke, Beavon and Foley and the loans of Rawson and vernam. Rawson was one to cover Willis or replace Turnbull and add some much needed height and muscle. Vernam a attacking midfielder with pace, trickery and a eye for goal. Reilly was clearly drafted in as Stevenson looked to be off, so a quick fix as part of the sordell/Beavon deal. Folivi although we've not seen him yet was clearly just another body who may be of use as other targets fell away choosing other better offers.
This is still not his desired match day squad or even starting 11

Last edited:

steve82

I still feel if you was to give him a summer to build a squad on frees to take on league two he'd get a very competitive side of "his players" something so very hard to do in January. League two is even more physical and crap football on crap pitches in some old fashioned grounds that this current group will get rolled all over week in week out, even more than what we're currently seeing, the club needs stability for a change.
This is of course if he'd actually still wanted to stick around and this club in its current off the field state and war between fans and owners.
I do fear tho if we don't have a manager in place we will have another summer of poor recruitment in the same situation in league two with kids and loans not a experienced core of players with the no how to see games out and the little tricks were so often on the end of.

shelby76

I like the look of the lad as well funny situation that... if that's the case give him a go...could do better than most on the right and left its not like you can use adage can't get into a winning team...look at the mess were in.

Last edited:

westofrayne

I suppose the only positive we could get from sacking Slade would be to put a manager in place with the eye very much on next season and the campaign ahead.

At the moment that would be the best solution, we need to plan for next season not this, we will be in L2 playing in front of 2-4k at most.

Budget will be set at breakeven, so just about every player will be gone, new manager has to bring in 15+ players by the end of transfer summer window. The search for new players and background on the players needs to start ASAP not in August.

To do this we need to have a manager in place who will be managing us next season, not a 6 month stop gap hoof ball idiot.

westofrayne

I'd agree with giving ponicelli a cameo from the bench for sure, not a start though, imagine filovi up front with ponti and beavon rose Jones bigi midfield, and stokes (pick your best other three) and Rcc knee goal

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

there is little point in having a midfield if we are going to bypass it all the time with long ball tactics mate, but agree with front pair

Hobo

The fans of the revolving door policy have got what they deserve in Slade.

trevelfarandwide

The fans of the revolving door policy have got what they deserve in Slade.

Ultimately, when do the fans ever get what they ask for? We have no influence over SISU, the decisions are the latter's only.

Personally, I believe football is a revolving door culture these days, there is no such thing as true loyalty in the predominance of clubs. Did we deserve Slade then, are we deserving of this nightmare unfolding before our eyes?

stupot07

Ultimately, when do the fans ever get what they ask for? We have no influence over SISU, the decisions are the latter's only.

Personally, I believe football is a revolving door culture these days, there is no such thing as true loyalty in the predominance of clubs. Did we deserve Slade then, are we deserving of this nightmare unfolding before our eyes?
And let's not forget Mowbray walked.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

trevelfarandwide

And let's not forget Mowbray walked.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How could he stay? I've gone over it at length in this thread, so I'm not parrotting like a mentalist. Slade will walk too, it's just a question of when.

Fergusons_Beard

Interesting for me that in the Checkstrade trophy Slade forced to play certain players who don't get a look in for league games.

Jones Lamieras Stevenson etc and we actually win games playing decent football.

Maybe Slade should play these players next game against Oldham and see what happens-everything else hasn't worked!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Interesting for me that in the Checkstrade trophy Slade forced to play certain players who don't get a look in for league games.

Maybe Slade should play these players next game against Oldham and see what happens-everything else hasn't worked!!

We payed decent football against Brighton. Some very crisp passing and good movement.

dongonzalos

Have we really had 15 (or whatever if is) bad managers over the last 9 years??
Come on people we can't keep blaming the manager.

Directors have changed
Managers have changed
Hundreds of players.

Yet we get the same outcome.

Ask yourself what hasnt changed?

Terry Gibson's perm

Directors have changed
Managers have changed
Hundreds of players.

The supporters ;)

steve82

I partly agree with you on some players as there confidence and desire may be higher due to the winning streak in the cup... however we've not played any team to note in the competition mainly other kids in there u23 sides with respect.
They ain't playing against the more hardened season 6ft pro who's played more than 3/4 seasons at this level and brushes our frail kids aside like in the league so far this season. Wycombe will be the telling test and I fear they will spoil out dreams of a day in the sun.

Otis

Directors have changed
Managers have changed
Hundreds of players.

I thought Robins was a good manager.

I also thought Mowbray was a good manager, albeit with one major chink in his armour of that, that when things go wrong he is unable to turn things round.

From what I have read of Slade, I think he is not a bad manager either. Not sticking up for him here, but he came with us already entrenched in the bottom four, so started the job having to take on the role of trouble shooter.

Terry Gibson's perm

I thought Robins was a good manager.

I also thought Mowbray was a good manager, albeit with one major chink in his armour of that, that when things go wrong he is unable to turn things round.

From what I have read of Slade, I think he is not a bad manager either. Not sticking up for him here, but he came with us already entrenched in the bottom four, so started the job having to take on the role of trouble shooter.

From what I have seen of Slade he is a shit manager and listening to him about as useful in the role as a shaved monkey.

Jimmy FH must be pissing himself laughing that he could have been here with these mugs.

Sky Blue Pete

At the moment that would be the best solution, we need to plan for next season not this, we will be in L2 playing in front of 2-4k at most.

Budget will be set at breakeven, so just about every player will be gone, new manager has to bring in 15+ players by the end of transfer summer window. The search for new players and background on the players needs to start ASAP not in August.

To do this we need to have a manager in place who will be managing us next season, not a 6 month stop gap hoof ball idiot.
Not gonna happen it's hands off crap and incompetence

Users who are viewing this thread