Russell Slade - target list started (1 Viewer)

steve82

The balls rolling on the playing side... straight to work!

“We’ve got a little list already, I’m pleased he has come in with some ideas and some targets. That is important.”

Venus added: “It is an advantage that he knows what he wants, and we’re going to try very hard to support that. He leads from today and he’ll be picking the team against Bristol.

The January transfer window is also high on the list of the manager’s priorities, with some player targets already identified.

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/mark-venus-coventry-city-russell-slade-3482904.aspx

RegTheDonk

I want to say welcome to Russell, wish him all the best in getting us out of this situation and lets hope he actually can land these targets. TM seemed to miss out on some of his first choices apparently, lets hope history doesn't repeat itself.

christonabike

One of the fastest wingers came on in protest!
Jesus I do hope he lives long enough or me in this case..............
How will Christmas dinner be different after Brexit?

No Brussels!

What do worker at Sports Direct get for Christmas dinner?

5 Minutes .................

Off to watch Rebus Taggart and Nude wives .com.........

PUSB

ready_96

He can indentify all the targets he wants but when other clubs (more than half the league) can pay more than us they'll go elsewhere

Gazolba

I doubt he has even had time to evaluate the current squad yet. He'll need to dispose of current players before he can recruit more.

hill83

He can indentify all the targets he wants but when other clubs (more than half the league) can pay more than us they'll go elsewhere

xYfHkUA.gif

steve82

Cheer up... think he's a bit more clued up to what we can do on the budget given. He's spent 15 odd years doing it at all his previous clubs

westofrayne

I want to say welcome to Russell, wish him all the best in getting us out of this situation and lets hope he actually can land these targets. TM seemed to miss out on some of his first choices apparently, lets hope history doesn't repeat itself.

maybe sigh the protesters, they showed more passion in the few minutes on the pitch then we have seen from them team for the season so far, but then Venus would miss out on these as well.

higgs

Jay simpson hopefully out of contract in summer for a small fee to score the goals to keep us up

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

steve82

So with lists drawn up and player targets already identified, RS working with MV on existing potential players is a good early sign the playing squad should be boosted with much needed strength and depth.

RS seems to have a trend of resigning players that he trusts and work well with his beliefs he's had at previous clubs like Alex Revel at Orient and Cardiff, Terrell Forbes at previously Grimsby, Yeovil and Orient for example

Looking at some of his players from his time at Leyton Orient I've found Nathan Clarke a central defender he signed, made him club captain and spent 3 years ever present at Orient.
Clarke is now in his 2nd season of a 2 year deal at Bradford where he was a key player last season. This season his opportunities have been limited to 1 FA cup 3 EFL cup games and tho mainly on the bench unused in the league due to the arrival of Romain vincelot and Nathaniel knight-Percival in the summer.

I'm gonna make a prediction....
With our desperate need for leaders, traditional central defenders and experienced men at 33 I've a strong feeling this mans top of his wanted list with 6 months left on his deal at Bradford, and I'd not be surprised to see him turn up very soon wearing the armband.

higgs

So we have identified two of his targets simpson and clarke if we sign another 3 or 4 players with experience we will have a chance

steve82

Jay simpson hopefully out of contract in summer for a small fee to score the goals to keep us up

So we have identified two of his targets simpson and clarke if we sign another 3 or 4 players with experience we will have a chance

Jay Simpsons contract is up in 6 months too, so a few not to big could tempt them to part. Only scored 3 this year but in a very poor orient side. His Orient average is slightly better than a goal in 3 games having scored 36 in 99.

Be a interesting January

higgs

Nice to have some hope and let's hope they get in there early and pick up the targets unlike mogga who waited until they were all gone

Grendel

We can lay individual players what we want. Again you are fooled by budget nonsense.

Grendel

Nonsense we no there's no budget..... currently. But I'm sure slades a old hand at wheeling and dealing to create what he needs.

People talk about the salary cap as budget. In that there will be loads of headroom.

Users who are viewing this thread