rushden and diamonds (1 Viewer)

aviles

i heard a rumour at the weekend saying that supposedly we are moving there next season. i have not been able to find any info to back this rumour up and have just read this

The stadium of a defunct football club is set to be demolished to make way for a leisure park, developers have said. Rose Property Consultants' plans for Nene Park, which includes the former Rushden and Diamonds ground, include a multi-use football facility along with entertainment and retail

which to me states its not going to happen

just wondered if anyone else had heard this rumour ?

SkyBlueSid

Strangely enough, a chap at the Crewe game told me that he had heard that Sisu/Otium had actually bought Nene Park and planned to move us there after redevelopment. I suppose that its capacity of around 6000 would be plenty for what they would need. No idea how reliable this chap and his sources were.

Ian1779

I live about a mile away from Nene Park, and I haven't heard anything down this end.

Doesn't mean it isn't true, but it's not being discussed here.

Although moving there would be wrong for us, it is a good facility generally and seems a shame if it does get torn down.

Sub

We are no longer CCFC if we move there as far as i am concerned same as when we moved to northampton. Moving the club 43 miles from coventry (ricoh arena) to Nene park just takes the piss.

Ian1779

We are no longer CCFC if we move there as far as i am concerned same as when we moved to northampton. Moving the club 43 miles from coventry (ricoh arena) to Nene park just takes the piss.

There is no justification - unless we were turfed out by Wasps and it was a temporary move.

LB87ccfc

A old rumour, this went round before we even moved to Northampton, just people speculating / bringing it up again.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Make your mind up! Is it Rushden or is it Diamonds? :thinking about:

chiefdave

I live about a mile away from Nene Park, and I haven't heard anything down this end.

Is it just left empty at that moment? You should pop down and take a look and see if there's anything that indicates they might be getting it ready for use.

Monners

Strangely enough, a chap at the Crewe game told me that he had heard that Sisu/Otium had actually bought Nene Park and planned to move us there after redevelopment. I suppose that its capacity of around 6000 would be plenty for what they would need. No idea how reliable this chap and his sources were.

Was this the bloke you were talking to?

Wheelfass

Last week I received a PM on face book with details inside that said we were indeed moving to Nene Park. When I dug a little bit deeper I found that the story was fabricated and had been circulated from a site called Prank.link so I can only assume that is where the rumour has come from.

Ashdown

Nice little ground, I've seen us play twice there..............in friendlies as the away team.
On a side note if SISU moved the club there even temporarily I'd rather see us liquidated and disappear altogether. We don't need any more of that humiliation whilst the wankers lie to us and string us along.

Astute

But it is very important that we own our own ground. We need the 365 income. It is more important than anything else. Ask Fisher.

We have another year of the current agreement at the Ricoh and another 2 year option. I can't see us moving or the rent going up for another year at least.

Ashdown

But it is very important that we own our own ground. We need the 365 income. It is more important than anything else. Ask Fisher.

We have another year of the current agreement at the Ricoh and another 2 year option. I can't see us moving or the rent going up for another year at least.

How many grounds truly earn 365 income anyway ?

chiefdave

From what we have heard with the bond issue the 2 year option favours ACL not the club.

Depending on what is actually in the lease it might be tricky to put the rent up but there's always ways around that. What if the matchday costs are suddenly £1m a year.

Ashdown

I wonder what Wasps would have to do before the majority of our fan base actually got pissed off with them?

I am pissed off with it all but you have to read my post again to see those words ' Commercial basis'. I don't want Wasps to succeed, I'm thinking of nailing my flag to Cov rugbys mast next year and buying a season ticket for £180.

Grendel

From what we have heard with the bond issue the 2 year option favours ACL not the club.

Depending on what is actually in the lease it might be tricky to put the rent up but there's always ways around that. What if the matchday costs are suddenly £1m a year.

Rumours are a substantial hike is coming next year.

torchomatic

It is important. Very. According to Derek Richardson. That's why they stole, sorry, purchased the Ricoh.

Not sure where you think money for players is going to come from if we don't have any income. Taking the piss is fair enough so you may want to let us know what the alternative is. Paying rent to Wasps for 250 years doesn't sound like a very good one.

Last edited:

Ashdown

It is important. Very. According to Derek Richardson. That's why they stole, sorry, purchased the Ricoh.

Not sure where you think money for players is going to come from if we don't have any income. Taking the piss is fair enough but you want to let us know what the alternative is. Paying rent to Wasps for 250 years doesn't sound like a very good one.

I don't think you need to worry about anything after the next 40 years Torch...at your tender age !

torchomatic

20 in all honesty.

I don't think you need to worry about anything after the next 40 years Torch...at your tender age !

lewys33

I am pissed off with it all but you have to read my post again to see those words ' Commercial basis'. I don't want Wasps to succeed, I'm thinking of nailing my flag to Cov rugbys mast next year and buying a season ticket for £180.

Don't do that. The telegraph will use you as proof as to why Wasps was good for Coventry Rugby as well!

Ashdown

Looks like SISU will pocket a six figure sum in relation to Callum Wilsons promotion with the Cherries, that'll pay the rent increase !! There is also talk of West Ham being after him which would trigger another wedge !

torchomatic

Absolutely, that is why we have to sell players. We have to pay rent as we don't own our own ground.

that'll pay the rent increase !!

Ashdown

Don't do that. The telegraph will use you as proof as to why Wasps was good for Coventry Rugby as well!

I've been going down the BPA for the last 4 years or so in line with SISU trashing CCFC.............there's quite a little club of us disillusioned Sky Blues !

Ashdown

Absolutely, that is why we have to sell players. We have to pay rent as we don't own our own ground.

Yes yes but the rent is just a fraction of the dosh wasted on the likes of Nouble, Johnson, Proschwitz, etc etc. As it stands it's a minimal cost compared to others !

pusbccfc

A bit further than Sixfields and more difficult to get there.

With crowds as low as they are now, we would take crowds in the hundreds.

Is there a hill?

Users who are viewing this thread