Running (2 Viewers)

Travs

Think i'm going to be out round Prologis tomorrow morning, doing some 400mtr reps. Got a 1500mtr track race in a few weeks so a few short sharp reps, quality over quantity.

Travs

5 x 400mtr reps down by prologis.

74, 74, 72, 72, 71

Very quick for me, but was taking long rest periods and obviously only 2km of real hard effort.

Travs

Repeated my cross-country run of a fortnight ago... following the footpaths parallel with the M6, then looping up through Fillongley and eventually back along the Cov Way. 11.5miles.

Managed it about 25mins quicker than last time... mainly due to knowing exactly where i was going this time, not taking wrong paths, or needing to check the map, and of course the underfoot conditions were generally much improved.

Rich

10miles of trails for me yesterday. Really enjoyed getting back out, but it was bloody tough. I need to regain some of that lost fitness.

SBAndy

Had a week off last week (and had a bit of a ‘fat week’ when it came to eating) but back to it this morning with a 5k. 28 mins so a chunk slower than a couple of weeks ago.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Pulled a lumbar in my back ( the joys of getting old ) so not going to run for a few days

Travs

I did my usual cross-country loop round Corley and Fillongley, but ran it a fair bit harder this time, 1hr31

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Just 5km to go to complete another 100 mile month. Rich/Travs, any idea why I have always struggled on early morning runs? Always out of breathe much easier than usual. Wonder if there was a scientific reason for it and something I could do to get over it, or just I’m not suited to morning running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travs

Just 5km to go to complete another 100 mile month. Rich/Travs, any idea why I have always struggled on early morning runs? Always out of breathe much easier than usual. Wonder if there was a scientific reason for it and something I could do to get over it, or just I’m not suited to morning running

Sorry, can't offer anything up i'm afraid.... everyone is different.

Do you go out fairly hard from the off....? it could be as simple as going out shortly after waking up, then not really allowing your body to warm up, puts a strain on.

Warming up is pretty vital... not for a typical run out round the streets, but any kind of hard session or race...strangely, the shorter the race, usually the more strenuous the warmup required!

Sick Boy

I’ve always found that I’m at my best first thing in the morning, I can run within 30 minutes of waking up and don’t eat or drink anything beforehand.

Travs

1:20 would be very decent.

Reckon i could probably go for 1:24 on current form. Got a half marathon in october but its got nearly 2000ft of climb in the Lake District, so would be ecstatic with under 1hr35 there.

Track race in a fortnight at Nuneaton. 1500mtrs.... brrr

Hertsccfc

I also find it difficult to run in the morning. I have just done 10k and there is no way I could have done that this morning. It seems some people are just better at different times of the day.

Great_Expectations

Had a decent week of running, feel like I am on the track back to pre Covid fitness levels.

Spent the week exploring trails near me that I was never quite sure of previously (either not clearly marked, seemed to go too close to Farmers homes and/or I’d never seen people use whenever I was nearby) and didn’t want to risk when I only had a set period time to run. Really pleased I did as it’s opened up new XC routes, even for short runs, which I much prefer to road running.

Up to 28 miles this week and I’m out soon (despite the horrible conditions!) for a 7/8 miler so getting closer to pre Covid weekly miles, but it’s generally been via daily 4/5 miles as opposed to varying it with long/short/different paced runs as I was before.

Great_Expectations

Has anyone heard/seen the April Dice Running Challenge? Essentially you role two dice each day and whatever the combined number is, you run that distance that day.

Tempted to try it, with the caveat of I’ll do one long run every weekend regardless.

Travs

Club training resumed last night. We started off steadily with a 6 mile run with a few random hard intervals thrown in.

Turning it up a bit now though... hill session on the grass for tomorrow night's session, then booked an hour on the track at Pingles for saturday.

Evo1883

I also find it difficult to run in the morning. I have just done 10k and there is no way I could have done that this morning. It seems some people are just better at different times of the day.

The army tend to run early morning ..always found it woke me up for the whole day .

I reckon though that with the whole time of day thing there could be things at play ...muscle stiffness , body just waking up properly , body temperature is lower in the morning .

Maybe a period of adjustment is what makes it easier

Travs

Another club session last night, and a 25 minute constant up-and-down hill effort on the grass.

Interestingly a group of half a dozen or so Northbrook runners were also in the carpark waiting to start a hill session... i thought we were going to have a race on our hands, but they went off for a tarmac hill session!

Ran it fairly hard, hoping to keep it at or under 20min/5km pace, and was bang on, going through 5km in 19:40

Track session at Pingles tomorrow morning.

Rich

Another club session last night, and a 25 minute constant up-and-down hill effort on the grass.

Interestingly a group of half a dozen or so Northbrook runners were also in the carpark waiting to start a hill session... i thought we were going to have a race on our hands, but they went off for a tarmac hill session!

Ran it fairly hard, hoping to keep it at or under 20min/5km pace, and was bang on, going through 5km in 19:40

Track session at Pingles tomorrow morning.
Where was that mate? We’ve started sessions again but only for 6-8 attendees whilst the leaders get back into it.

I’m currently doing the Lirf training so looking forward to being a leader in the near future.

Travs

Where was that mate? We’ve started sessions again but only for 6-8 attendees whilst the leaders get back into it.

I’m currently doing the Lirf training so looking forward to being a leader in the near future.

They were meeting in the Tesco Car Park at Cannon Park, and going to run some hill on the Warwick Uni Campus.

I'm pretty sure they were Northbrook, that's what my clubmate told me, although it could have been in error.

As you say it was perhaps 6-8 people , most seemed to be in their 40's and 50's.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Going to try a run Monday my backs still a bit iffy

Rich

They were meeting in the Tesco Car Park at Cannon Park, and going to run some hill on the Warwick Uni Campus.

I'm pretty sure they were Northbrook, that's what my clubmate told me, although it could have been in error.

As you say it was perhaps 6-8 people , most seemed to be in their 40's and 50's.
I think there was a trial session from there tbf.

I’ve just completed my Lirf training. Will be sending off to England Athletics later for review. Hopefully it’ll be signed off soon enough and I can lead sessions.

Travs

Track session at a cool and windy Pingles this morning.

7 x 400mtrs with 90secs rest periods. 74/75secs per rep.

Only a short one, but an improvement on my final track session before the lockdown when i see that i did 8 x 400mtrs with 2mins rest, but was doing 78-81secs per rep.

SkyBlueSoul

Can't believe I've only just discovered there's a running thread! Always been fairly sporty but only picked up running more seriously again since the start of the first lockdown. Used to run 5/10k's in the gym a couple of years back too but only do outdoors now. Got into the swing of things last year and eventually went for distance, maxed out at 19km in 1hr39.

Had a break over winter and got into it again in January. I was generally a 25ish minutes 5k as standard but have really pushed myself recently and got 4 PBs in a row, down to 20:58 today

Also been doing bleep tests since January in preparation for 7-a-side coming back, got myself to level 11/5 with the initial goal being level 12

speedie87

Struggling with my Achilles- gets really sore during a run and stiffens up after tried giving it a week off and felt ok until put trainer on and went for run and was just as bad.

anyone with similar issue before how long a rest period am I looking at??

Travs

I had mild Achilles Tendonitis.

Went to a local sports physio (who i would happily recommend... he works {or used to} with Cov RFC)...... probably took a month of minor treatment, stretches and going very easy on the running.

Stretching is one of the keys to preventing it IMO.

Hertsccfc

Struggling with my Achilles- gets really sore during a run and stiffens up after tried giving it a week off and felt ok until put trainer on and went for run and was just as bad.

anyone with similar issue before how long a rest period am I looking at??
I had it years ago after playing lots of tennis. I ignored it and carried on playing. Don't do that is all I would say. Ended up not doing any sport for nearly a year as a result.

skyblue1991

Managed 10k this morning in the mild snow.

It's lucky that I pass my house as part of my 10k route as had to stop off for a toilet break (say no more!)

Should've went before I ran... How do marathon runners do it? (Paula Radcliffe aside!)

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Daz

Had my first five mile run in over two weeks today , plan to go again Wednesday and Friday

Users who are viewing this thread