Rumour... (2 Viewers)

Covkid1968#

Burton is closest to me..... but just away for me next year

Sbarcher

Might be willing to travel if we have firm plan in place for a new stadium.
However if SISU were to build a new stadium then we would just have a different landlord where they could then squeeze our balls.

Adge

Did i read somewhere that Leamington were building a new ground ?
Yes they are. The new Windmill is in harbury which if you know it is just outside Leamington. The new ground is in Europa way which is where all the car dealers are between Leamington and the M40.

torchomatic

chiefdave

Yes they are. The new Windmill is in harbury which if you know it is just outside Leamington. The new ground is in Europa way which is where all the car dealers are between Leamington and the M40.
Whats the thinking behind that? There's loads of room to expand where they are currently isn't there?

Adge

Whats the thinking behind that? There's loads of room to expand where they are currently isn't there?
Not sure really. If there is a big crowd I know that they have problems regarding parking around the stadium etc which causes tailbacks on the road as there is only one road in/out if you are familiar with it?

win9nut

Might be willing to travel if we have firm plan in place for a new stadium.
However if SISU were to build a new stadium then we would just have a different landlord where they could then squeeze our balls.
Don't matter. What does matter is how they package the club when they come to sell up. Who would buy a club (especially us) without a stadium?

Magwitch

The problem with any new gtoundshare is I think from an EFL prospective it will have to come with specific new build proposals regards building a new ground in Coventry and those proposals will have to be a bit more than two sides of A4 paper. My gut tells me EFL would sanction a move on a very strict time basis.

Sky Blue Harry H

The problem with any new gtoundshare is I think from an EFL prospective it will have to come with specific new build proposals regards building a new ground in Coventry and those proposals will have to be a bit more than two sides of A4 paper. My gut tells me EFL would sanction a move on a very strict time basis.
How reliable is your gut?

christonabike

Spoke to Fisher he said an announcement will be made before Easter. I think it’s the Ricoh as he said its a Good Friday!

Terry_dactyl

Don’t give a shit won’t be going if it’s outside Coventry. Will just go to the away games instead.
It’s entirely up to you (of course) but I don’t understand the rationale of only going to away games. Fair play, youre willing to travel all over the country to watch city - which is more than I do - and yet won’t consider travelling 30 miles down the road. I’m sorry, I don’t get it.

Warwickhunt

and everyone thinks that the roads will be bad if we go to Woodlands!! wait untl they see that road LOL:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:

Sky Blue Pete

If that were true then they wouldn’t allow us to move again. Unless something will be announced in 3 weeks

wal3590

Not sure if its been mentioned anywhere but brian Richardson was sat with Fisher etc yesterday! That blokes got some nerve...

eastwoodsdustman

That doesn't seem the best location, right next to a luxary hotel and loads of new housing!
They’ve probably got something else planned which people would object to. Easy thing to do is give them the option of a pikey site or something else and they’ll take the something else every time.

zuni

It’s entirely up to you (of course) but I don’t understand the rationale of only going to away games. Fair play, youre willing to travel all over the country to watch city - which is more than I do - and yet won’t consider travelling 30 miles down the road. I’m sorry, I don’t get it.

And there lays the problem

cc84cov

And there lays the problem
Some people will never get it mate I for one won’t be going anywhere outside our city I don’t agree with it & never will it’s totally wrong didn’t go to Northampton either.

Grendel

Some people will never get it mate I for one won’t be going anywhere outside our city I don’t agree with it & never will it’s totally wrong didn’t go to Northampton either.

So you’d rather the club shut down then?

Grendel

No he’d prefer them to play in Coventry

So would everyone but we have no ground and no ability to influence a landlord who wants us out and a council that is deliberately obstructive

Grendel

True. I accept that we all want it.

No fan making the choice not to go or going is causing the death of our club. It’s bejng done by Sisu and our own council and wasps. We are the victims not the cause

But we can still support the club and ensure it’s existence is maintained for future generations

Users who are viewing this thread