Transfer Rumour Rumour - Valentin Costache (1 Viewer)

usskyblue

giphy.gif

TomRad85

The beauty of signing players from overseas that none of us have heard of is we can fantasise that we've signed the next Messi for a few weeks. Sure, when the season starts 9/10 of them turn out shite, but its worth it for those few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

The beauty of signing players from overseas that none of us have heard of is we can fantasise that we've signed the next Messi for a few weeks. Sure, when the season starts 9/10 of them turn out shite, but its worth it for those few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

For example, Kastaneer...

capel & collindridge

If we did sign him I think it would only be as motivational therapy, as a makeweight for Kastaneer:

Amazing discovery: Costache » Rednic started the game with the 17-year-old boy and left heavier names on the bench: Marc, Essombé, Bartalsstovu. The junior also scored]. Gazeta Sporturilor (in Romanian). 15 February 2016. Retrieved 31 July 2017. (from Wikipedia)

kg82

Does anyone think Dabo could be pushed forward into midfield, he’s immense in his forward play his passing improved as the season progressed. Could he fill the Walsh role ?

The mere fact you suggested it is hilarious! Also, what were you going to do... “does anyone think...” reply 1 - no. Reply 2 - erm, what. Reply 3 - are you high. Magwitch - “yeah, me neither”. You obviously suggested it because you thought that, and now you’re playing the semantics card because you didn’t say “should”!

Magwitch

The mere fact you suggested it is hilarious! Also, what were you going to do... “does anyone think...” reply 1 - no. Reply 2 - erm, what. Reply 3 - are you high. Magwitch - “yeah, me neither”. You obviously suggested it because you thought that, and now you’re playing the semantics card because you didn’t say “should”!
If I remember correct there was a conversation going on about where new right back signing Da Costa might fit in or resident reserve right back Pask and the void left by Liam Walsh going back to Bristol City just a question, but I’ll remind you Gareth Bale was signed and played initially as a left back by Spurs.

Magwitch

If I remember correct there was a conversation going on about where new right back signing Da Costa might fit in or resident reserve right back Pask and the void left by Liam Walsh going back to Bristol City just a question, but I’ll remind you Gareth Bale was signed and played initially as a left back by Spurs.
Oh and that isn’t saying Dabo could be the next Gareth Bale by the way.

larry_david

Yeah fair point. If Dabo don't work out we can put Mason in midfield

Terry_dactyl

Is it really that mad to suggest that a professional footballer might play in a different position?
With my very own eyes I have seen both Peter Billing and Kevin Macdonald used as wingers. It makes more sense to play Dabo in goal than the arthritic Kevin McDonald on the wing.

Legia Sky Blue

Is it really that mad to suggest that a professional footballer might play in a different position?
With my very own eyes I have seen both Peter Billing and Kevin Macdonald used as wingers. It makes more sense to play Dabo in goal than the arthritic Kevin McDonald on the wing.

With the examples you've given, you would be mad to do so. Bobby Gould wasn't manager was he?

Frostie

If I remember correct there was a conversation going on about where new right back signing Da Costa might fit in or resident reserve right back Pask

Pask is primarily a centre back, always has been & probably always will be.
He can play RB/RWB but CB is his position so hardly strange for people to suggest that he plays there? 🤷‍♂️

Terry_dactyl

With the examples you've given, you would be mad to do so. Bobby Gould wasn't manager was he?
Tbh I can’t remember or who we were playing. I think Billing was only for half a match. Needless to say he was more effective than McDonald.
Ha! Yeah, maybe not the best examples of ‘utility players’ but highlights that it’s not beyond the realms of possibility. There’s loads of players that have shifted about over the years.

Frostie

But he was reserve right back yes or no ?

For a brief period when fit yes but he played more in his main position of centre back.

You've just compared playing a player in his natural position as akin to playing Dabo in midfield!?

Users who are viewing this thread