Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (14 Viewers)

sky blue john

Course it is, said from the start that it would be trying to make people not renew to try and force a sale. It was obvious that it is the direction it would take.

It's been followed up with fans groups going on about a boycott and the telegraph posting outrage about the season ticket prices that came out a month ago.

Just caught up on todays events on this thread. Nick why are you the only person banging on about boycotts, in the last 6 pages you have mentioned it about 5 times, nobody else has. I don't understand as you are the only one mentioning it does that mean you are supporting a boycott?
Season ticket prices you must also be happy with the increased prices also by the sounds of it. How much do you think will be an acceptable ticket price increase next season when Sisu have taken us to the conference?

Chipfat

There will be no new offer.
We remain hostage to Sisu.

I don't blame Hoffman for letting fans know the current situation or if he walked away, i was happy not to hear from him last week or so thinking they were working towards a deal, but after today its him saying to Sisu, take it or leave it. They seem keen to carry on and will rely on MR miracle or fans buying into the direction the club is being taken.

For me Hoffman is one of a very few fans of the club that could of helped find and deal with all parties involved that could of turned the club around. Shame, but some will be happy that Sisu will carry on without any regard to the fans or the club. As for Sisu as long as it can stay afloat they will happily let it drift along.

Sadly fans are being used more so than 99% that follow a team, even if they don't like to hear it, its true, more ST does not mean investment, bigger gates does not mean the best players will not be sold, more income does not mean a new ground. these are facts that history with Sisu has taught us. I care for the club, but like many have shown alrwady hope is gone while they are still in control.

Last edited:

Chipfat

If talking bollocks means you don't agree with the post that's fine. But the actions of thousands are speaking louder than words of a few, wouldn't you agree?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Just caught up on todays events on this thread. Nick why are you the only person banging on about boycotts, in the last 6 pages you have mentioned it about 5 times, nobody else has. I don't understand as you are the only one mentioning it does that mean you are supporting a boycott?
Season ticket prices you must also be happy with the increased prices also by the sounds of it. How much do you think will be an acceptable ticket price increase next season when Sisu have taken us to the conference?

The prices have been out for over a month, why are you mentioning them?

Strange how you pipe up about that.

Chipfat

Nick, my whole post was stating no matter what you do in regards to investing time, money and effort as fans nothing is going to change and some do not seem bothered by off field issues. So takeover or not they are happy to carry on and our owners will do the same. He remarked its bollocks so i stated actions of a thousand is louder than words of a few.

I m taking it as you feel the same, no matter who is in control of the club or the rd they take it will not stop you going or investing. If that's incorrect then i have you and Northern and others wrong. Either way it hardly effects me or changes anything in the way i feel about what is going on. Me and you don't agree on a lot of things, its fine by me its good to hear another opinion.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Nick, my whole post was stating no matter what you do in regards to investing time, money and effort as fans nothing is going to change and some do not seem bothered by off field issues. So takeover or not they are happy to carry on and our owners will do the same. He remarked its bollocks so i stated actions of a thousand is louder than words of a few.

I m taking it as you feel the same, no matter who is in control of the club or the rd they take it will not stop you going or investing. If that's wrong then i have you and Northern wrong. Either way it hardly effects me or changes anything in the way i feel about what is going on. Me and you don't agree on a lot of things, its fine by me its good to hear another opinion.
That's still not what you said..

Read what was quoted.

Chipfat

What way and how are you reading it other than how ive explained my opinion.. I'm not sure what you are accusing me of to be honest. You tell me, then ill answer any question you want to know about how i feel.

torchomatic

What way and how are you reading it other than how ive explained my opinion.. I'm not sure what you are accusing me of to be honest. You tell me, then ill answer any question you want to know about how i feel.

You're saying some are happy with SISU, which is patently not true. No one is happy with SISU.

Chipfat

I'm saying some do not give a flying fuck if Sisu are owners or not they are happy to follow no matter what or where the team play. Some will follow the team no matter of ownership or the direction the club is being taken.

Are they happy to follow, I would say they are, because supporting the boys is more important than the state of the club or ownership. If they were not happy to follow they would find something else to do of a game day. Which thousand already have, as you know, which is why I mentioned the actions of thousands.

I don't care if you accept my opinion or accept the explanation. In the grand scheme of things it changes nothing. You have your opinion I'll have mine. We in the end want the same for our club, no matter what is posted on here.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Shame, but some will be happy that Sisu will carry on without any regard to the fans or the club

That's how I'm reading it

Chipfat

That's still not what you said..

Read what was quoted.

The quote says some will be happy for Sisu to carry on without regard of the FANS or the club.

So I guess that means I'm making out all buyers of ST love sisu, or am i twisting words!! . If i'm not why are you so jumpy around that topic, I have never ridiculed or suggested you or anyone else is wrong to do so. It's an individual decision and one that doesn't bother me, like those who went to NTFC. Not something I would of done, but I never judged anyone who did.

sky blue john

The prices have been out for over a month, why are you mentioning them?

Strange how you pipe up about that.

Why strange?
just responding to your post you brought it up bitching about the CT printing a factual story on season ticket prices.
Shouldn't you be busy with your boycott conspiracy theory anyway?
The season ticket boycott you desire will not work anyway. The reason all fans need to be on board for it to achieve its goal. The problem we have is we have too many fans who just don't give a fuck who is killing our club they will blindly go anyway. Sixfields proves that!
If nobody followed them to sixfields it would have forced them back to the ricoh within weeks. The only reason Sisu came back to the Ricoh was because of the sale to Wasps. No other reason than that it would effect their chances of getting compensation at the JR if they didn't come back!

Nick

Administrator
Why strange?
just responding to your post you brought it up bitching about the CT printing a factual story on season ticket prices.
Shouldn't you be busy with your boycott conspiracy theory anyway?
The season ticket boycott you desire will not work anyway. The reason all fans need to be on board for it to achieve its goal. The problem we have is we have too many fans who just don't give a fuck who is killing our club they will blindly go anyway. Sixfields proves that!
If nobody followed them to sixfields it would have forced them back to the ricoh within weeks. The only reason Sisu came back to the Ricoh was because of the sale to Wasps. No other reason than that it would effect their chances of getting compensation at the JR if they didn't come back!
There is no conspiracy theory.

I pointed out that ticket prices have been out a month at least now.

I don't want a boycott quite clearly, pipe down and go and watch your new team.

sky blue john

There is no conspiracy theory.

I pointed out that ticket prices have been out a month at least now.

I don't want a boycott quite clearly, pipe down and go and watch your new team.

Lol
If you don't want a boycott why are you raising the profile for one?
The last six pages nobody else has mentioned it but you!

italiahorse

You're saying some are happy with SISU, which is patently not true. No one is happy with SISU.
I would guess the negativity around Hoffman and the bids may give the appearance that some on here prefer Sisu.

covcity4life

shame no 4th bid coming anytime soon. all we can hope for now is robins has a good enough budget(dont put emphasis on fans to make this happen lmao) and we can do well in league 2

no league success and things are just gonna get worse and worse.

sky blue john

I would guess the negativity around Hoffman and the bids may give the appearance that some on here prefer Sisu.

Its almost as if some want Hoffman to pay over the odds for something that is worthless because of the debt!
The more that they pay to control the club the less they will have to fund the club going forward.
How did the debt get there?
Maybe the self inflated debt is all for the benefit of JR1 & JR2 compensation claims.
The stunts Sisu have pulled wasting money on sixfields and lost court cases, some obviously think they should get their money back!
In the real world if you make a bad business decision most honourable people accept it.

Nick

Administrator
Its almost as if some want Hoffman to pay over the odds for something that is worthless because of the debt!
The more that they pay to control the club the less they will have to fund the club going forward.
How did the debt get there?
Maybe the self inflated debt is all for the benefit of JR1 & JR2 compensation claims.
The stunts Sisu have pulled wasting money on sixfields and lost court cases, some obviously think they should get their money back!
In the real world if you make a bad business decision most honourable people accept it.

Nobody wants him to pay over the odds, they want SISU to go but can't see the bids getting off the ground at all.

It really isn't hard to understand is it? Maybe try to reply to the valid points raised about the bids rather than just making things up. It's almost as if you can't so just load it up with froth.

torchomatic

Christ, why are things so difficult for some people? There is no negativity around Hoffman. Similarly no one is happy with SISU.

covcity4life

sisu have contradicted(or lied) themselves about the transfer budget over last few years. yet instead of nitpicking you say if everyone buys a st mark robins well have a good budget.

hmmmmmm

Nick

Administrator
sisu have contradicted(or lied) themselves about the transfer budget over last few years. yet instead of nitpicking you say if everyone buys a st mark robins well have a good budget.

hmmmmmm

I have also pointed out about their bollocks. Have a look at the JS statement thread where somebody tried to argue with me saying it was bullshit and where I pointed out why. Have a look at the essay type Fisher threads where I pick apart why he should go ;)

Monners

He contradicted himself and it got pointed out. How is it "nit picking?".
The press release was exactly that - an update for fans on where things stand. Hoff's complaint previuosly was the disparaging spin laden article on the opening bid and his involvement.
The sort of thing you normally complain about.

Ask yourself this: Is Hoffman trying to help the club? That is the big picture, not a focus on "U turns" as you incorrectly put it.

sky blue john

I have also pointed out about their bollocks. Have a look at the JS statement thread where somebody tried to argue with me saying it was bullshit and where I pointed out why. Have a look at the essay type Fisher threads where I pick apart why he should go ;)

Waste of time Sisu's front man/puppet going they will just replace him with another!
Something you don't do is pick apart Sisu who are pulling the strings!
You just focus on trying to make everyone else accountable. The problem with that is they don't own CCFC!

Nick

Administrator
The press release was exactly that - an update for fans on where things stand. Hoff's complaint previuosly was the disparaging spin laden article on the opening bid and his involvement.
The sort of thing you normally complain about.

Ask yourself this: Is Hoffman trying to help the club? That is the big picture, not a focus on "U turns" as you incorrectly put it.

There is an even bigger picture.

I have never once said he is trying to harm the club, read through here I have also said i hope it goes through at some point.

He said originally things should be done in private etc, he then sent a press release. Whichever way you try to spin it, it contradicts.

Users who are viewing this thread