Rule changes you’d like to see next season (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

wont happen but….

1) Throw ins must be taken from where the ball went out
2) 6 second rule for keepers to be enforced
3) stop the clock for injuries ( as per rugby), for a sub, and after a goal has been scored.
4) penalise teams who have ball boys that don’t actually bother fetching the feckin ball.
5) 4th official to properly police the area where managers, coaches etc can use while the game is on. If they enter the field of play, then get the ref to book them.
6) if a player taking a corner places the ball outside of the quadrant, then book them. It’s Just another excuse to try to gain an advantage, or waste time.
7) if a player shoulder barges another in the area, with no attempt at the ball, it should be a foul, hence a pen if it’s the defender doing it.

Mcbean

I would like to see subs made on the run - organised by the fourth official no player can enter the field until the subbed player leaves it - no stop in play or the clock stops ! One or the other

shmmeee

Get rid of the high feet rule. The game is called football.

Give fouls for obstruction if a defender is shepherding the ball more than a yard from the goal line.

No offside if you’re coming back from an offside position but are onside when you play the ball.

The ability to put an entire side on a warning for an offence like time wasting or targeting a player and the next player to do it gets sent off even if it’s their first offence.

Once the direction of a set piece has been given only that team can touch the ball.

Lifetime ban for having a cardboard sign asking for a shirt.

skybluesam66

1 . when a sub is made, the player coming on has to come on to the pitch at the same pace as the one going off - during which time play begins
2. whoever does halftime kick it for a ticket, needs at least a physics GCSE 1st - FFS - aim to the right, so it curves in
3. If a player gets treatment for an injury
a) If he is fouled , he does not need to leave the field
b) if he has not been fouled he needs to go off for 2 minutes

JAM See

Get rid of headers.

(I know, 1987 and all that, but the game is at its most beautiful when it's played on the deck).

Danceswithhorses

1 . when a sub is made, the player coming on has to come on to the pitch at the same pace as the one going off - during which time play begins
This is similar to something i've thought about :-
After the sub board goes up, however long it takes the player to come off...the new player has to wait that same amount of time before he's allowed to come on...that will soon have the timewasting bastards sprinting off the pitch.

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

Set a time for the substitute to come on if it goes over just start the game and then book the player who enters the field waste of time booking the man going off.

Keeper six seconds controlled by the fourth official and timer on the scoreboard.

Obstruction in the box when shepherd go it out for the last eighteen yards.

Any player that is sent off against you is also banned for the next game against you, what is the benefit when he is banned against other teams.

Players on the bench must have kit on.

Cramp is banned these are pro footballers very few should have cramp.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Send off any player who touches or swears at a referee when contesting a decision.
Send off any player who feins injury to gain advantage and apply this rule retrospectively if it's missed initially and ban them for 3 games in all instances.
Send off any player who cups his ear to the opposition fans when he scores.
Ban Milton Keynes from the EFL permanently.

Sky Blue Harry H

wont happen but….

3) stop the clock for injuries ( as per rugby), for a sub, and after a goal has been scored.
4) penalise teams who have ball boys that don’t actually bother fetching the feckin ball.
5) 4th official to properly police the area where managers, coaches etc can use while the game is on. If they enter the field of play, then get the ref to book them.
6) if a player taking a corner places the ball outside of the quadrant, then book them. It’s Just another excuse to try to gain an advantage, or waste time.
7) if a player shoulder barges another in the area, with no attempt at the ball, it should be a foul, hence a pen if it’s the defender doing it.

Regarding 6) a lot of the time, the ball looks to be outside the quadrant, yet the ball only has to be overhanging part of the white line. Often spectators see green grass between the white line and the ball and assume the ball is 'outside' - same for throw ins - but the ball is not fully ove the line. The number of throw ins given when the whole of the ball hasn't crossed the white line always annoys me.

Terry Gibson's perm

Countdown from 6 seconds on the big screen and tannoy at full volume once keeper picks the ball up

Our fans have been making noise to alert the ref to this but they just give it the little hurry up to the keeper who basically ignores it.

the rumpo kid

The end of added time and for the ref to just stop the clock when there’s a stoppage. Then like rugby the game ends after 90 when the ball goes out of play or there’s a goal.
Unfortunately it would end up like American football , a 90 minutes match would probably take well over 2 hours.

Travs

I think the entire policy on "professional fouls" and "dangerous play" is completely arse-about-face.

A slightly late, but genuine attempt at a tackle, can easily get you a straight red.

However, diving/feigning injury, and my pet-hate "taking a booking for the team" are whats ruining football...

To pick a recent example, in the Liverpool Everton match, Everton broke away down the left, and Trent Arnold just came over and deliberately wiped out the Everton attacker.... took the yellow card, and everyone said "well done, took one for the team"

Bollocks.... its a deliberate foul, a "professional foul" if you will... blatant cheating. Never gets called out by commentators or pundits, who won't ever say anything to damage brand football.

Until football looks upon clear cheating like other sports, as unacceptable, rather than as "part of the game" then things will never improve.

While i'm on one, i'd also chuck VAR in the bin as well.

Sky Blue Harry H

To pick a recent example, in the Liverpool Everton match, Everton broke away down the left, and Trent Arnold just came over and deliberately wiped out the Everton attacker.... took the yellow card, and everyone said "well done, took one for the team"

Bollocks.... its a deliberate foul, a "professional foul" if you will... blatant cheating. Never gets called out by commentators or pundits, who won't ever say anything to damage brand football.

Totally agree. If it's a cynical, no attempt to get the ball, then a red card should be given, or maybe a 15 minute sin bin (unless it's in the last 15 minutes, in which case it's a red card).

Moff

Goal kicks to be taken quickly and from the side the ball goes out, of all the usual timewasting techniques one of the most annoying is the keeper slowly sauntering across the other side of the goal to set the ball down.

Definitely this, it’s infuriating the amount of time is wasted with keepers doing this.

I know this hasn’t really affected us, but I would stop the rule of loan players not being allowed to play against their parent club.A loan should mean a loan to play against all teams.

Briles

Play continues if a player goes down with anything other than a head injury or heart attack.

Liquid Gold

I think a lot of the frustration comes from rules that are completely ignored as well.

You're not allowed to waste time, you're not allowed to kick the ball away, you're not allowed to stand in the way of the goalkeeper or for a free kick etc. etc. etc. but it's only rarely you see them punished.

I think refs should be much more card happy to bring players into line. So long as it's fair I think we'd all end up happier.

Old Warwickshire lad

wont happen but….

Haha you sound just like me. I agree with them all,but we have no chance of seeing it happen.

olderskyblue

I think a lot of the frustration comes from rules that are completely ignored as well.

You're not allowed to waste time, you're not allowed to kick the ball away, you're not allowed to stand in the way of the goalkeeper or for a free kick etc. etc. etc. but it's only rarely you see them punished.

I think refs should be much more card happy to bring players into line. So long as it's fair I think we'd all end up happier.
Kicking the ball away definitely should be on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread