Rugby World Cup (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

I came to that conclusion a long time ago. He seems permanently angry. Best to follow the advice I was once given: never argue with idiots. They end up dragging you down to their level. So I'll leave him happily playing with himself in the sun.

Of course I have no history of ccfc posts. I do not follow football, so why would I join debates on subjects which do not concern me, and about which I know nothing? Mind you, that doesn't stop people with no interest in (or knowledge of) rugby posting on rugby threads, does it?:)

This is a football forum, so kindly fuck off, old bean.

Vigornian

Thank you for those kind words, sicko. The title of this forum is Football and Other Sports. Rugby is another sport. The title of this thread is Rugby World Cup, so why don't you go forth and multiply, old prune?

harvey098

Haha this is brilliant. There is nothing wrong with this thread being here, the only problem I have is people de-railing this thread away from the rugby world cup. There was a big clue what this thread would be about from the title, if you don't like it, don't click on it. Very easy.

Grendel

Thank you for those kind words, sicko. The title of this forum is Football and Other Sports. Rugby is another sport. The title of this thread is Rugby World Cup, so why don't you go forth and multiply, old prune?

Now you are clearly an educated person.

So I assume you are able to read the title of the forum - what is it called?

Vigornian

Now you are clearly an educated person.

So I assume you are able to read the title of the forum - what is it called?

[h=1]Forum: Football & Other Sports[/h]
Copied from the site homepage.Note the ampersand and the two words which follow it.

Aww, bless him, the cuddly little warthog. :claping hands:

bringbackrattles

As the World Cup is on I just wanted to see opinions from sport fans on who they fancied to win it etc.I wish I hadn't bothered now as it has gone right off track with people slagging each other off !

Grendel

[h=1]Forum: Football & Other Sports[/h]
Copied from the site homepage.Note the ampersand and the two words which follow it.

Aww, bless him, the cuddly little warthog. :claping hands:

This is a sub forum.

The forum is called Sky Blues Talk and when you register you are shown its an opportunity for discussion amongst Sky Blues supporters.

By your own admission you are not. Others may encourage you - it shows how ridiculous some people are on here - but I won't.

Your a supporter of a club whose ownership of the stadium will ultimately finish the club off in the not too distant future. So sorry I don't find your banter very funny. It's not even very good.

Nick

Administrator
This is a sub forum.

The forum is called Sky Blues Talk and when you register you are shown its an opportunity for discussion amongst Sky Blues supporters.

By your own admission you are not. Others may encourage you - it shows how ridiculous some people are on here - but I won't.

Your a supporter of a club whose ownership of the stadium will ultimately finish the club off in the not too distant future. So sorry I don't find your banter very funny. It's not even very good.

472c5f4cb30c17076301ef01d3d57bb779016edd3ffb14ed44ef57f4ad1b0ed1.jpg

Anyway on topic, not really a Rugby fan but being English I'd prefer England to win! :)

Sick Boy

I am sure that if a CCFC plant went on a Northampton forum trying to win over the public they'd get a similar reaction; especially if we had moved there permanently and were handing out free tickets.

Last edited:

armybike

I am sure that if a CCFC plant went on a Northampton forum trying to win over the public they'd get a similar reaction; especially if we had moved there permanently and were handing out free tickets.

A plant? He's talking about rugby in a Rugby World Cup thread.

Sick Boy

A plant? He's talking about rugby in a Rugby World Cup thread.

Then he should sign up to a rugby forum. He admitted he had no interst in ccfc. Therefore he is either on here to antagonise or deflect negative attention away from the franchise

armybike

Then he should sign up to a rugby forum. He admitted he had no interst in ccfc. Therefore he is either on here to antagonise or deflect negative attention away from the franchise

Can't see anything in the forum rules preventing him (or her) signing up or posting here.

The odd thing is that the ones posting seemingly endless posts about, and appear obsessed by, Wasps/rugby are the self proclaimed hardcore CCFC fans.

Sick Boy

Can't see anything in the forum rules preventing him (or her) signing up or posting here.

The odd thing is that the ones posting seemingly endless posts about, and appear obsessed by, Wasps/rugby are the self proclaimed hardcore CCFC fans.

Hardly a surprise when the franchise in the city could eventually be the death of our football club, long after our DREADFUL owners have gone.

Still, not being a ccfc fan you wouldn't understand.

bringbackrattles

Sorry pal I was only jesting! Sometimes things get a bit too serious on here (or the internet in general).
Fair enough I thought you were serious ! You're right though it starts out okay online then before you know it's kicked off and you think to yourself why the aggression ? The thing is away from the internet if someone was slagging you off say in the pub or workplace,you could settle things face to face but the internet gives people anonymity so they get brave etc.Not meaning you but you know what I mean. I got abused by a troll on another site and he/she was mentally disturbed and they got traced to California,and all because he/she didn't agree with a throw away comment.That person went berserk and wanted to shoot me dead. I thought it was my ex missus !

Steve.B50

Come on England, let's get the win and beat the Welsh again, keep the dream alive ( although if I were honest I want them to go through as well).
If the City win then England do the same I will be a very happy bunny.

skybluetony176

This is a sub forum.

To be fair he's probably noticed you and others constantly talking about and making every thread about Wasps and mistaken this CCFC forum for a Wasps forum.

lewys33

Come on England, let's get the win and beat the Welsh again, keep the dream alive ( although if I were honest I want them to go through as well).
If the City win then England do the same I will be a very happy bunny.

I'll be there tonight in my Wales shirt, step-dad in his England shirt! Definitely the biggest game of the world cup group stages. I think England will win but I'm quite happy to be underdogs as on our day we could beat anyone.

Im the same as you as well. Would rather the home nations do well than France/southern hemisphere teams. Let's hope Australia's decision to not push for the bonus point at Fiji is a bad one and both England and Wales can go through despite the result today!

Sick Boy

To be fair he's probably noticed you and others constantly talking about and making every thread about Wasps and mistaken this CCFC forum for a Wasps forum.

Surely even you aren't justifying someone with no affiliation to ccfc and whose short time on this forum was spent doing nothing but antagonising genuine ccfc fans on this forum.

Would you say the same about a ccfc fan going onto their forums and doing the same thing?

Norman Binns

Another thread that started out with reasonable people discussing things in a civilised and adult manner has yet again been derailed and marred by the usual embittered minority who tarnish almost every thread on the entire forum.

This resentful bunch seem unable to face reality and are either unable or unwilling to accept that those expressing unbiased opinion and facts are indeed doing just that. Instead they must be “Wasps lovers”, Franchise supporters”, “Plants” etc. It’s pathetic!

This group of people – and you know who you are – need to grow up and accept the situation this football club is in, get over it and move on like most of us have.

88 pages on the “December Stadium Deadline” thread. Utterly ludicrous! Yet another example of a perfectly well intentioned thread up for discussion being hijacked by the bitter and twisted. Round and round in circles over the same ground regurgitated and argued over hundreds of times previously. What is it all for? What are you gaining by it? You’re wasting your lives away!

It’s become an obsession and you’ll make yourselves ill over it. For christ’s sake give it up and leave it all behind you. The team’s doing well, just enjoy that.

skybluetony176

Surely even you aren't justifying someone with no affiliation to ccfc and whose short time on this forum was spent doing nothing but antagonising genuine ccfc fans on this forum.

Would you say the same about a ccfc fan going onto their forums and doing the same thing?

Just pointing out how it would be easy to mistake this forum for a Wasps forum when the likes of you and Grendull are clearly not interested in talking about CCFC and turn every thread into a debate about Wasps. The COVENTRY CITY stadium December deadline being all the proof you need of that.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just pointing out how it would be easy to mistake this forum for a Wasps forum when the likes of you and Grendull are clearly not interested in talking about CCFC and turn every thread into a debate about Wasps. The COVENTRY CITY stadium December deadline being all the proof you need of that.

If people on here didn't keep try to force them down our throats, then it wouldn't be mentioned half as much

skybluetony176

If people on here didn't keep try to force them down our throats, then it wouldn't be mentioned half as much

Obviously.

Look at the affore mentioned thread on the December deadline. Nick and torch mention wasps on page two, by page three grendull and sickboy join in and what follows is 80 odd pages of Wasps talk. Some just can't help themselves and it usually starts on a thread about our owners or a thread where questions start getting asked of or owners.

martcov

Anyway.... I am looking forward to England Wales. I am not a Rugby fan, but watch the occasional international. Being English, I want England to win. A lot more interest in Rugby over here in Germany than usual. Probably die off quickly as the Germans haven't invented it yet.

Norman Binns

Anyway.... I am looking forward to England Wales. I am not a Rugby fan, but watch the occasional international. Being English, I want England to win. A lot more interest in Rugby over here in Germany than usual. Probably die off quickly as the Germans haven't invented it yet.

I'm looking forward to England vs Wales too. I think it's been a great tournament so far and it's pleasing to see how far some of the minnows have progressed since the last World Cup. All in all thoroughly enjoyable to watch.

Johnnythespider

Haha pissed up rugby fan in a South Africa shirt invades the pitch and gets involved in a ruck.

Covstu

England win tonight... Just. Wales beat the Aussies and England fall to the Aussies. Will all be about the wins against the others

Users who are viewing this thread