Rugby league world cup (1 Viewer)

Johnnythespider

This has been going on for the last few weeks but had passed me by until this morning when I saw highlights of England's semi final. Made it through to the final against the Aussies. The first final for 20 years will be on BBC 2 from 8:30 next Saturday if anybody is interested.

Gazolba

Saw the whole of the England vs Tonga semi-final.
I had no idea these tiny nations were so competetive.
England ground out three tries/conversions to lead 18-0 then got a penalty to make it 20-0.
And it's a good thing we scored that penalty because in the last 10 minutes Tonga ran riot, were all over us, and ran in three tries of their own, so it was that penalty-kick that saved us. We won 20-18.
Tonga were very very unlucky and were within inches of scoring two other tries, but stopped by the very stout England defence.
Australia will crush us like ants in the final.

Otis

Saw the whole of the England vs Tonga semi-final.
I had no idea these tiny nations were so competetive.
England ground out three tries/conversions to lead 18-0 then got a penalty to make it 20-0.
And it's a good thing we scored that penalty because in the last 10 minutes Tonga ran riot, were all over us, and ran in three tries of their own, so it was that penalty-kick that saved us. We won 20-18.
Tonga were very very unlucky and were within inches of scoring two other tries, but stopped by the very stout England defence.
Australia will crush us like ants in the final.
And like grapes in the cricket.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Watched most the semi over the cricket! Bonkers finish Tonga prob deserved the winning try!

Weird comp everyone know aus will win it all expect them to beat England by 30+ points in the final!

Otis

Rugby League is so much better than Rugby Union. All those scrums and line-outs drive me nuts.
I am totally the opposite. I think Union is far superior and find League far too one dimensional. A lot less intelligence needed in Rugby League I would say. Just seems a case of pick the ball up, run a couple of yards, get tackled, pick the ball up, run a couple of yards, get tackled. Every time they are tackled the game stops for a couple of seconds, so it doesn't have the same flow as Union. I find it quite dull at times. Kicking is so much more important in Union and so too lineouts and scrums.

It can still be really frustrating, but has much more flow about it.

Gazolba

I am totally the opposite. I think Union is far superior and find League far too one dimensional. A lot less intelligence needed in Rugby League I would say. Just seems a case of pick the ball up, run a couple of yards, get tackled, pick the ball up, run a couple of yards, get tackled. Every time they are tackled the game stops for a couple of seconds, so it doesn't have the same flow as Union. I find it quite dull at times. Kicking is so much more important in Union and so too lineouts and scrums.

It can still be really frustrating, but has much more flow about it.
You might be right, I haven't watched a Union game in years so my memory could be playing tricks.
But I still hate line-outs and scrums, especially scrums. I mean who would even invent something like that?

Otis

You might be right, I haven't watched a Union game in years so my memory could be playing tricks.
But I still hate line-outs and scrums, especially scrums. I mean who would even invent something like that?
Scrums need a complete rethink. The amount of times they reset in some games is ridiculous.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Scrum times drive me bonkers! If there is 2 minutes on the clock & especially if the side winning is in possession you can bet it'll take the 2 mins for the scrum to take place, once it's been 'collapsed', I would make it so clock stops until the scrum is fed!

bringbackrattles

Watched all the games and we (England) haven't really played that well. The Aussies have looked impressive though and I fear will hammer us. Just got to hope that we raise our game and as we know in sport anything can happen. But still reckon the Aussies will be too strong.

Gazolba

Valiant losers. How often have we said that?

wingy

If that was genuinely accidental I don't see how he's banned .
It happens from time to time in football and I can't imagine a player being banned for it in that code .

Users who are viewing this thread